Home arrow Forums arrow The Soap Box arrow Lasting Impression comments

Lasting Impression comments

page: 1, 2  next
SharynS
Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:37 pm

by John Briley:

Hey... isn't this Steve Lomax the UFCW Local 1996 President and I.U. V.P. who recently negotiated Spousal Health Insurance "OUT" of their Contract?

Thanks to OOTO for the following thread.

Atlanta--ufcw/kroger contract

Specifically:
Quote:

http://supermarketnews.com/retail-financial/kroger-atlanta-workers-ok-new-deal

Supermarket News

Kroger Atlanta workers OK new deal

Apr 18, 2014 Jon Springer .

Atlanta and Savannah, Ga.-area Kroger members from United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1996 ratified a new three-year contract that will phase out insurance coverage for spouses.

The new contract is retroactive from March 16, and expires on March 18, 2017. The agreement includes wage increases over the course of the agreement, affordable healthcare, and secures pension funds for workers, the Cincinnati-based retailer said. The contract covers 23,600 workers across 163 stores in Atlanta and 12 in Savannah.

Workers last month voted to reject an initial contract offer from Kroger. Local 1996 president Steve Lomax in a letter to workers said increased costs resulting from how the Affordable Care Act treats Taft-Hartley plans resulted in "hard choices" for the union.

Given the choice of either discontinuing coverage for members who worked less than 30 hours a week or discontinuing spousal coverage under the plan, the union ultimately selected the latter, with spousal coverage to end by the end of the year.
BTW....

Here's another article regarding Steve Lomax that is part of this record!
Quote:
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/10036/

Park Stings Net Range of Suspects

Solicitation Arrests Down from Previous Years

By: Stephen Gurr
sgurr@gainesvilletimes.com

POSTED: October 20, 2008 5:00 a.m.

Scott Rogers/The Times

Lula Park on Ga. 52 has been the site of recent arrests of people charged with solicitation of sodomy and indecent exposure.View Larger
View More »
1 2
DOCUMENTS
•Read a copy of the accusation and sentencing for Steve Lomax, president of United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1996, who was arrested April 2 at Lula Park.

http://media.morristechnology.com/mediafilesvr/upload/gainesville/article/1017PARKSDOC.pdf

From all walks of life, they have come to tiny Lula Park.

Men seeking anonymous, casual sexual encounters in the woods repeatedly have propositioned undercover officers there over the course of a six-month sting operation that was prompted by complaints.

Those charged with misdemeanor solicitation of sodomy or public indecency included a furniture store manager, a disabled veteran, an attorney and the head of one of Georgia’s largest labor union chapters.

"It’s not a specific race or class of people," said Lt. Scott Ware, commander of the Multi-Agency Narcotics Squad, which conducts most of Hall County’s vice investigations. "We’ve arrested teachers, law enforcement officers, preachers, doctors and construction workers. It’s all walks of life."

Lula Park, a small U.S. Army Corps of Engineers property off Ga. 52 with a parking lot and boat ramp and little more, has become the new Central Park, authorities say. Hall County’s Central Park, located off Candler Highway near the Interstate 985 exit, was notorious as a public meeting place for men to engage in sex before the property was closed and sold to a commercial developer two years ago.

"Since it was shut down, Lula Park has taken its place," Ware said. "Basically the word has gotten out, and that’s where people show up."

Word also has spread on the Internet that Lula Park is being targeted by law enforcement. One Web site that focuses on the practice known as "cruising" posts state-by-state alerts of areas where arrests are prevalent. Lula Park is one of five locations in Georgia listed on the site.

"They are in a countywide sting in parks with the intention of locking up every gay man they can find," one person wrote anonymously.

Ware said illegal acts of public indecency and solicitation of sodomy are being targeted, not homosexuals.

"I couldn’t care less what people do in the privacy of their own home," Ware said. "But the thought of a child going out to play in one of these parks and seeing something like that ... they deserve better than that. We’re not targeting people because of their sexual orientation. Just stay at home — don’t try to use the parks."

Several of those arrested exposed themselves to an undercover officer in an open, public area, according to arrest warrants. Ware said there are several "red flags" officers look for, including eye contact and certain suggestive banter.

But after 13 people were arrested at Lula park between April and September, the men who frequent it are becoming more cautious, he said.

"People are less apt to use the verbiage that can get them a (criminal) charge," Ware said. "They know you can be arrested for saying the wrong thing."

Steve Lomax, president of the Suwanee-based United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1996, was arrested early on the evening of April 2 for saying the wrong thing at Lula Park. Lomax, whose union chapter has 14,000 members, asked an undercover officer to perform a sex act in woods at the park, according to court documents. Court records show that Lomax, 54, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor solicitation of sodomy on May 5 and was sentenced by State Court Judge B.E. Roberts to 12 months’ probation, fined $500 and ordered to stay away from Hall County’s public parks for a year, a standard sentence for first offenders.

Lomax did not return calls and e-mails to his business seeking comment.

Others caught up in the sting include James Walter Woodall, a 48-year-old manager of an Athens furniture store, 36-year-old Columbus attorney Richard Thomas Tebeau and disabled veteran Samuel Peter Zook. Zook, 57, allegedly performed a lewd act in the woods while partially clothed in front of an undercover officer.

Hall County Solicitor Larry Baldwin, who prosecutes most misdemeanor cases, said solicitation of sodomy and public indecency cases used to be more prevalent.

"Several years ago there were quite a bit more," Baldwin said. "Maybe word got out that the sheriff’s office wasn’t going to put up with it."

At the height of law enforcement operations at Central Park and two I-985 rest stops since shut down by the Georgia Department of Transportation, more than 60 people were charged with seeking sex in public places in a single summer, Ware said.

Hall County Commissioner Steve Gailey, whose district includes Lula, said the creation of the county’s three-person park ranger unit was in large part a response to the problem.

"We had issues with certain parks being a haven for solicitation," Gailey said. Sheriff’s deputies don’t have the manpower to patrol all 24 of Hall County’s parks all the time, Gailey said.

Having a park ranger force patrolling "is extremely vital, with as many parks as we have," Gailey said. "We want our parks to be safe places. We don’t want people to feel eerie."

Not all charges of solicitation of sodomy end in convictions. In neighboring Dawson County, Shannon Wayne Phillips was acquitted by a jury last month after being arrested at Thompson Creek Park on a solicitation of sodomy charge in September 2007. The acquittal made headlines in "Southern Voice," an Atlanta-based alternative lifestyles publication.

Clay Thompson, the attorney for Phillips, said he believes such park stings are inherently biased against gay men. He said his client merely wanted to exchange phone numbers with the undercover officer who approached him.

"It would be interesting if a female had been saying the exact thing as my client, whether she would be prosecuted," Thompson said.

Thompson said he is not condoning sex in public places, however.

"If in fact things are taking place that are inappropriate at public parks, then yes, that needs to be ceased, whether it’s male on male or male on female," Thompson said. "If it’s in public and in front of kids, I’ve got a problem with that."
`

Absolute Despicable Behavior from a SOB who makes close to $300K a year off the backs of UFCW Dues Paying Member's!
Quote:
Salary Information for your review:

DOL WEBSITE LINK
http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

2013 LM2 Report UFCW LOCAL 1996
File No. # 540-249
A
B
C Lomax, Steve President
C $274,501 $0 $2,595 $0 $277,096

2013 LM2 Report UFCW I.U
File No. # 000-056
Steve Lomax UFCW I.U. V.P.

A
B
C LOMAX, DONALD S / Non-Dir Intl VP
C $20,000 $0 $348 $0 $20,348

@ UFCW I.U. President Joseph Hansen, including the entire UFCW I.U. Executive Committee, WHY is STEVE LOMAX still affiliated with the UFCW In "any" capacity?

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Quote:
Lomax, whose union chapter has 14,000 members, asked an undercover officer to perform a sex act in woods at the park, according to court documents. Court records show that Lomax, 54, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor solicitation of sodomy on May 5 and was sentenced by State Court Judge B.E. Roberts to 12 months’ probation, fined $500 and ordered to stay away from Hall County’s public parks for a year, a standard sentence for first offenders.
John Briley wrote:
UFCW I.U. President Joseph Hansen, including the entire UFCW I.U. Executive Committee, WHY is STEVE LOMAX still affiliated with the UFCW In "any" capacity?
Good question JB!

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 pm

John Briley wrote:
Absolute Despicable Behavior from a SOB who makes close to $300K a year off the backs of UFCW Dues Paying Member's!

Can you say "squeal like a pig boy"?

Not the first time the UFCW was caught with their panties down in sexual ugliness!

Quote:
In 1979, Kelly pleaded guilty to 10 sexual assaults on five boys, ages 13 to 18, in the remote Newfoundland community where he'd been parish priest for six years. Court transcripts show the assaults mostly involved Kelly's fondling of teens while he was in a drunken haze. In the most serious case, a sober Kelly had a boy perform fellatio and afterwards gave him $5. The Toronto Sun, July 20, 1997

Sins of the Father

Makes one wonder....where and what "our" dues dollars actually are being used for within the UFCW ruling elite?

ed=linkfix

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:18 am

Quote:
Atlanta and Savannah, Ga.-area Kroger members from United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1996 ratified a new three-year contract that will phase out insurance coverage for spouses.
"Some" of our UFCW Leader's, including the UFCW I.U. continue to allow the WalMartizing of our Contract's, the outrageous dues our member's must pay, including the "relentless" UFCW I.U. Per Capita Tax Increases, how does the UFCW I.U. ever expect to organize any Non-Union Employer's?

Case in point is UFCW Local 1996 President Steve Lomax / UFCW I.U. V.P., and his despicable behavior, including his obscene salaries he's been receiving at UFCW Local 1996 for many years.

As difficult it is to organize Non-Union Employer's in the best of circumstances, UFCW Local 1996 is located in a Right-To-Work State!
Quote:
UFCW LOCAL 1996
Suite 201
3302 McGinnis Ferry Road
Suwanee, GA.

Right To Work States

Georgia
Let's take a look at President Steve Lomax's Salary Information over the years at UFCW Local 1996, including his $20K Stipend he receives from the UFCW I.U. as a V.P.
Quote:
DOL WEBSITE LINK
http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

Note: Since I do not know the specific policy as it pertains to each individual’s expenses, allowances, etc., I will be using their “total amount” of monies listed on each of their LM2 Report.

Please refer to each individual’s respective yearly LM2 report for their “detailed amount” of allowances, disbursements, etc.

I apologize in advance for any inadvertent errors or omissions and the applicable LM2 Report for each individual shall govern.
Quote:

2000 - 2013 LM2 Report's
UFCW LOCAL 1996 ( PRESIDENT)
File No. # 540-249

2000 = $170,027.00 (Total Member's Reported = 15,087)
2001 = $192,206.00
2002 = $182,094.00
2003 = $187,975.00
2004 = $175,841.00
2005 = $178,413.00
2006 = $199,265.00
2007 = $212,667.00
2008 = $240,574.00
2009 = $238,460.00
2010 = $245,104.00
2011 = $263,286.00
2012 = $273,248.00
2013= $277,096.00 (Total Member's Reported = 17,633)

2000 - 2013 LM2 Report's
VICE PRESIDENT / UFCW INTERNATIONAL UNION
File No. # 000-056

2000 = N/A
2001 = N/ A
2002 = N/A
2003 = N/ A
2004 = $14,778.00
2005 = $ 21,882.00
2006 = $ 21,522.00
2007= $ 20,440.00
2008 = $20,000.00
2009 = $20,000.00
2010 = $20,000.00
2011 = $20,000.00
2012 = $20,151.00
2013 = $20,348.00
As you can see, here we have a UFCW President / UFCW I.U. V.P. pulling down close to $300,000.00 dollars a year plus perks, benefits, etc., and he negotiates Spousal H&W out of their Contract!

U.F.B.!!!!!
Quote:

Back to top profile :: pm
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:11 am

I bet I know where UFCW Local 1996 President Steve Lomax, his son Eric Lomax, UFCW Local 1996 Director of Organizing and the majority of UFCW Local 1996's Union Rep's will probably be on Friday, May 9, 2014?????

In the event you need to get in touch with your UFCW Local 1996 Union Rep here's their contact information.
Quote:
CONTACT MY UNION REP / UFCW LOCAL 1996
http://ufcw1996.org/?page_id=563

Eric Lomax ( STEVE LOMAX's SON)
elomax@ufcw1996.org Organizing Director

Billy Dramble bdramble@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Gaynell Caldwell gcaldwell@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Greg Charron gcharron@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Greg Slead gslead@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Jeff Hunter jhunter@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Jennifer Hughes jhughes@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Jim Steele jsteele@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Karen Harper kharper@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Louise Dempsey ldempsey@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Maria Davenport mdavenport@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Mary Ann Dobson mdobson@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Maryluz Ortiz mortiz@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Mitch Hardin mhardin@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Ralph Porras rporras@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Ricky Wilson rwilson@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Shcora Dawson sdawson@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Stan Hayes shayes@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Stewart Roberts sroberts@ufcw1996.org Union Representative
Here's where you might find quite a few UFCW Local 1996 Staff.
Quote:
Big Red Oak Plantation
8428 Greenville St.
Gay, GA. 30218
http://www.bigredoakplantation.com/

It appears that we have ourselves another Charity Sporting Clays Shoot!
Quote:
7th Annual Southeast Shoot For A Cure
Friday, May 9, 2014
Registration 8:00 a.m. sharp!
Shotgun start 10:00 a.m.
Lunch and raffle to follow

Note: UFCW Local 1996 President Steve Lomax is on the Executive Committee.

http://www.ga-sportingclays.org/flyerbigredoakmay9.pdf
It appears that.....
Quote:
and the UFCW enjoy one another's company very much!

It wasn't to long ago that UFCW Local 5 got involved in "Shoot For A Cure" event and it created a firestorm at Local 5!
Quote:

With the DOL "ordered" 3rd Union Election here at Local 5, I wonder "if" Team Gonzales, especially Local 5's Chief of Staff, Terry Gonzales will send any of the "regular" Local 5 Shooter's to the May 9th event in Gay, Ga.?

I hope that Team Nunes is keeping a close eye on this one!!!!!

John Briley
Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Based on the following, the question remains "if" and "when" our UFCW International Union, including our UFCW Local Union's, will ever have the ability and or the courage to "police" themselves?
Quote:

THE STATE VS DONALD STEVEN LOMAX

IN THE STATE OF COURT OF HALL COUNTY, GEORGIA
GEORGIA, HALL COUNTY

COUNT ONE

I, Larry A. Baldwin, II, Solicitor-General of the State Court of Hall County, Georgia, in the name and behalf of the citizens of Georgia, charge and accuse DONALD STEVEN LOMAX with the misdemeanor violation of O.C.G.A. 16-6-15 SOLICITATION OF SODOMY for the accused did in Hall County, Georgia unlawfully and contrary to the laws of the said State, the good order, peace and dignity thereof on APRIL 02, 2008, solicit another to perform or submit to an act of sodomy.

COUNT TWO

I, Larry A. Baldwin, II, Solicitor-General of the State Court of Hall County, Georgia, in the name and behalf of the citizens of Georgia, charge and accuse DONALD STEVEN LOMAX with the offense of misdemeanor, to wit: CARRYING A CONCEALED WEAPON for the accused did in Hall County, Georgia unlawfully and contrary to the laws of said State, the good order, peace and dignity thereof on APRIL 02, 2008 knowingly carry a dangerous weapon outside of the home and place of business in such a way that was not fully exposed to view, in violation of O.C.G.A. Section 16-11-126.
@ UFCW I.U. President Joseph T. Hansen, Secretary Treasurer Anthony M. Perrone, Executive Vice President William T. McDonough, Executive Vice President Patrick J.O'Neil and Executive Vice President Paul R. Meinema, WHY is UFCW LOCAL 1996 President / UFCW I.U. V.P., GORDON STEVE LOMAX, still affiliated with the UFCW in "any" capacity?

Seriously, what "if anything" constitutes "bad behavior" within the UFCW International / Local Union hierarchy that would result in "just cause" for termination and or Trusteeship?
Quote:
UFCW I.U. LEADERS:
http://www.ufcw.org/about/ufcw-leaders/

Note: Back in 2008 Wayne E. Hanley was the National President, UFCW Canada.
By way of an example, KUDO's for the courageous & righteous efforts by the Enforcer for utilizing the OFFICE OF LABOR - Management Standards (OLMS) by holding Shaun Barclay / UFCW I.U. accountable / responsible for the LMRDA VIOLATION!
Quote:
Specifically:

"The investigation disclosed that on February 26, 2009, the trustee (Shaun Barclay) appointed by the International to manage the affairs of the local (1036) transferred $100,000 of the local's monies to the International..."

"The International... agreed that the transfer was unlawful and should not have occurred. "
Quote:
Following the Enforer's lead by utilizing the OLMS FACT SHEET, let's review their position on the "Prohibition Against Certain Person's Holding Union Office or Employment".

OLMS FACT SHEET

http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/504unionoffholdempl.pdf

Another interesting fact concerning the timeline regarding Donald Steven Lomax is the following.

Back in April / May 2008 UFCW Local 1996 President / UFCW I.U. V.P. Donald Steven Lomax legal troubles began.

Followed by The UFCW held its International Convention from Monday, August 18, 2008 through Friday, August 22, 2008 in Montreal, Canada.

Clearly President Joseph T, Hansen and the entire UFCW International Union Executive Committee must have known about the recent arrest of UFCW Local 1996 President / UFCW I.U. V.P., Donald Steven Lomax that took place back in May 2008!

Based on the above timeline, how in the HELL did UFCW President Joseph T. Hansen and the entire UFCW I.U. Executive Committee allow and or accept the nomination for Donald Steven Lomax to run for the position of UFCW International Vice President at the UFCW I.U. Convention, back in August 2008 in Montreal Canada?

As a suggestion, a Active UFCW Member might want to contact the OLMS and ask some questions and or file a complaint.
Quote:
OLMS
Office of Labor-Management Standards
U.S. Department of Labor
E-Mail- olms-public@dol.gov
Toll Free - 1.866.487.2365

@ the Enforcer.... any comments and or suggestions?
Enforcer
Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Quote:
@ the Enforcer.... any comments and or suggestions?
Plenty JB. I called the investigators at the Department of Labor since I still got their cellphone numbers. Mr Lomax is an International Vice President so he falls under OLMS Washington DC Office.
Quote:
A complaint letter can be faxed to this office...

Washington DC OLMS Office

800 North Capitol Street, NW
Suite 120
Washington, DC 20002-4244
Office (202) 513-7300
Fax (202) 513-7301

Any active members of the "UFCW International" are able to file since Mr Lomax is a International Vice President
Quote:
Don't forget to cite this:

http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/504unionoffholdempl.pdf

Is it a violation if a person hires, retains, or employs a person subject to the bar?

.... if an individual is a union officer at the time he or she is convicted of a disqualifying offense, the union must take steps to prevent the barred individual from serving in a prohibited capacity.

Failure of the union’s other officers to do so if they have knowledge of the barred individual’s employment disqualification and service in a prohibited capacity is a violation of Section 504 as well.

Lynda P.
Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Ed= Moved to Offensive Content Complaints
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Lynda P. wrote:

To Lynda P

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:25 pm

John Briley wrote:
@ Lynda P... I do not know if you have ever met and or have really got to know Scott Schroeder, if not, maybe someday we can all get together? I must tell you that Scott is the most caring, compassionate and honorable individual anyone could know. It's an honor and a privilege to call Scott my friend. There is absolutely no way that Scott intended to offend anyone regarding this issue.

Having said that and based on Scott's apology, Sharyn placing the image behind a link, hopefully we can move on.
Quote:
What I do find disturbing Lynda P is the fact that you had “no comments” about this UFCW presidents bad behavior but were so disturbed by my post.
@ Lynda P...., I must say that I do echo Scott's comment's above. As a current Local 5 Executive Board Member, you should be aware of the outrageous amount of Per Capita Tax Local 5 pays to the UFCW I.U. on a yearly basis. As you also are aware of, a portion of said Per Capita Tax is subsequently used to pay the $20K Stipend for the UFCW I.U. V.P.'s. Unfortunately in this case, UFCW Local 1996 President / UFCW I.U. V.P., Gordon Steve Lomax continues to receive said stipend since his 2008 arrest for bad behavior!

Speaking of outrage now would be the time for the "ENTIRE" LOCAL 5 EXECUTIVE BOARD to take a stand on behalf of Local 5's Membership by DEMANDING that President Hansen and the I.U. Ex. Committee teriminate LOMAX!

Additionally, now would also be the time for the "ENTIRE" Local 5 Executive Board to demand the following.
Quote:
Dear President Ron Lind, Secretary Treasurer Tim Hamann, Recorder Kelly Martinez & Local 5’s Entire Executive Board –

Re: UFCW LOCAL 5 STRIKE FUND

Without pointing fingers towards anyone "at this time" and as a current Local 5 Active Member / Executive Board Member, I / WE felt compelled to request that UFCW Local 5 immediately conduct a comprehensive / detailed "Independent Audit" of Local 5's Strike Fund. Said "Independent Audit" must be completely transparent, including providing a detailed Final Report to each and every dues paying member at UFCW Local 5.

Additionally said requested audit must be completed by a CPA firm with absolutely no connection with any UFCW Local Union and or our UFCW International Union, including our Trust Fund Office in Walnut Creek.

As a result of the CONCESSIONARY CONTRACTS / STABILIZATION AGREEMENTS, including the recent Safeway / Cerebus Deal, there is a very strong possibility that Local 5 Member's "may authorize" taking Strike Action against one and or all three major Food Employer's here in Northern Ca. within the next several months.

For numerous reasons I / WE believe that it is imperative that auditing Local 5's Strike Fund makes sense at this time.

Said "Independent Audit" should begin dating back to January 1, 2007 when Local 5 became effective following the Merger of UFCW LOCAL'S 120, 373, 428, 839, 870, 1096 & 1179. Including the addition, at the point in time, when UFCW Local 101 merged with UFCW Local 5.

The following represent a sampling of the questions that need to be addressed / answered on behalf of Local 5's Membership as it pertains to our Strike Fund.

Said "Independent Audit" should breakdown the total amount of monies that each of the above mentioned Local Unions brought to the Local 5 Merger from each of their respective Local Union Strike Funds.

Said "Independent Audit" should break down in detail, monthly, quarterly, and yearly total monies received and disbursed from Local 5's Strike Fund.

Said "Independent Audit" should detail the interest monies received monthly, quarterly and yearly, from our Strike Fund. Including the financial institution(s) Local 5 Strike Fund(s) are deposited in.

Said "Independent Audit" should also determine "if" at anytime did Local 5 "borrow / loan" any monies, (including the details / specific's of said transaction) from Local 5's Strike Fund that "may" have been used by Local 5 to pay for any "Unrelated Strike Activity" from January 1, 2007 up to and including today's date? Including any and all Executive Board Minutes authorizing said transactions, "if" authorized by Local 5's Executive Board.

Said "Independent Audit" should also provide Local 5's Membership with the current balance of the total monies in Local 5's Strike Fund as of the date said audit is completed.

Said “Independent Audit” should also provide Local 5’s Membership with the total monies paid out to any Local 5 Member for any related “Strike Activity” from January 1, 2007 to and including today’s date, including the specific “Strike Activity” details.

Additionally as a policy matter going forward, Local 5 must adopt the above on a quarterly / yearly basis at Local 5, in an effort to provide Local 5's Member's with complete transparency relative to our Strike Fund.

Looking forward to your immediate response to my / our request.

Thank You

Signed
@ Lynda P..... as a current UFCW Member you can also do the following regarding UFCW Local 1996 President / UFCW I.U. V.P. Gordon Steve Lomax.
Quote:
As a suggestion, a Active UFCW Member might want to contact the OLMS and ask some questions and or file a complaint.

OLMS
U.S. Department of Labor
E-Mail- olms-public@dol.gov
Toll Free - 1.866.487.2365

A complaint letter can be faxed to this office...

Washington DC OLMS Office

800 North Capitol Street, NW
Suite 120
Washington, DC 20002-4244
Office (202) 513-7300
Fax (202) 513-7301

Any active members of the "UFCW International" are able to file since Mr Lomax is a International Vice President

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Quote:
What I do find disturbing Lynda P is the fact that you had “no comments” about this UFCW presidents bad behavior but were so disturbed by my post.
Quote:
@ Lynda P...., I must say that I do echo Scott's comment's above. As a current Local 5 Executive Board Member, you should be aware of the outrageous amount of Per Capita Tax Local 5 pays to the UFCW I.U. on a yearly basis. As you also are aware of, a portion of said Per Capita Tax is subsequently used to pay the $20K Stipend for the UFCW I.U. V.P.'s. Unfortunately in this case, UFCW Local 1996 President / UFCW I.U. V.P., Gordon Steve Lomax continues to receive said stipend since his 2008 arrest for bad behavior!

Speaking of outrage now would be the time for the "ENTIRE" LOCAL 5 EXECUTIVE BOARD to take a stand on behalf of Local 5's Membership by DEMANDING that President Hansen and the I.U. Ex. Committee teriminate LOMAX!

Additionally, now would also be the time for the "ENTIRE" Local 5 Executive Board to demand the following....
I am offended at all of the LOMAX scandal and his affiliation with UFCW. Who wouldn't be?

Doesn't it kind of go without saying?

You've all posted plenty on that too ...

For the record...of course, and without being windy and redundant of all the posts regarding that pervert...I agree!

JB, I am sure Scott is a wonderful man. I was offended at the image of rape, of violent sexual assault perpetrated on a human being, not the man who is Scott.

I stated that I found the image offensive...I said it was not cool to have it remain to cause possible distress to victims of sexual assault...for those individuals who may frequent this website.

Now, if that image was posted by Mary Poppins or Mr. Rogers, I would still have posted my feelings exactly as I did.

I do plenty, and thanks for all of your advice on further actions re:LOMAX that In should, in your opinion, be focusing on.

When E-board meets in June, I'll bring it up. There is no meeting in May.
Enforcer
Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Someone took my advice....

5/9/2014

Quote:

****-

We’ve received your email. Someone should be contacting you soon.

U.S. Department of Labor
**** District Office

Lynda P.
Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:24 pm

At the risk of inspiring a big long uncharted lecture by SOME for my audacity in stating this observation, I did not see listed in section 504 the despicable act of soliciting sodomy in a public park that UFCW LOMAX was charged and convicted of.

By asking this question, this does NOT MEAN that I in any way do not think this creepy, pervert who is obscenely overpaid by Active Members' dues monies, is anything less than a despicable, total creep (really?? A public park?? Where others, including children may happen upon sexual acts In progress?) Gross as all get-out. His salary?? Close to being just as obscene!

Am I incensed? Hello!!!!??

But why preach to the choir about it all?

Sure, I'll write my email in protest...contrary to what seems to be the erroneous notion that holding the "remote" and/or hiding behind a computer screen" is what I do (well, I must confess to a serious bout of "Breaking Bad" addiction, but hey...let he/ her who has not grappled with Netflix addiction cast the first stone), I get in the upper echelon Union leadership's faces on a regular basis. Mostly with zero back-up and even less results.

I've done plenty...and have written a few of those emails to DOL about Union labor fakers.
I've written and challenged another big labor faker, to his face as well as text and email, as well...countless times. Receiving, of course, nothing but nonsense back, but hey, I think I do my part.

I thought I should conduct my own research on this LOMAX one, before I write.

I read the list though and can't find his specific crime. I want to have,as you all might say, MY SHIT STRAIGHT, before I contact anyone in protest.

At the risk of appearing dumb as a cob, or worse, being openly challenged on whether I do or don't believe this guy is despicable, (seriously?? I have 3 grandboys whom I surely want protected from seeing sexual acts in a public park)

I don't see that specific Labor Faker's crime listed here in Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) section 504.

Point it out to me, someone, please. Maybe I've overlooked something.

Ok, from section 504:

What are the crimes that result in a person being barred?

Conviction for several types of crimes will bar a person from serving in prohibited capacities, including but not limited to the following examples:

Generic criminal offenses; specifically, murder, assault with intent to kill, assault that inflicts grievous bodily injury, rape, arson, extortion, burglary, grand larceny, robbery, bribery, embezzlement, or violation of narcotics laws;*

Violations of Title II or Title III of the LMRDA, which include knowingly making a false statement of material fact or failing to disclose a material fact in any labor organization report, labor organization officer or employee report, or other report required by the LMRDA; willfully failing to file a required report; willfully violating the recordkeeping requirements in Title II or Title III; willfully making a false entry in labor organization records or other documents required to be kept by the LMRDA or willfully concealing, withholding or destroying such records; willfully and improperly transferring funds from a trusteed local to the parent body imposing the trusteeship; or willfully counting the votes of delegates from a trusteed local under certain circumstances;

Any felony involving abuse or misuse of an individual’s position or employment in a labor organization or employee benefit plan in order to seek or obtain an illegal gain at the expense of the members of the labor organization or the beneficiaries of the employee benefit plan;
Conspiracy to commit any of the above crimes;
Attempting to commit any of the above crimes;
Any crime in which any of the above crimes is an element; or
Any crime that is equivalent to the above crimes; for example, obtaining money by false pretenses in certain cases can be equivalent to the listed crimes of grand larceny or embezzlement.

Thanks, anyone, for helping me out with what I'm obviously overlooking.

Now, back to the remote which I'll securely strap to my hand while "hiding behind the computer screen",as I plan another(as I'm sure one or more will critiques it as), ineffective meeting for a candidate that I'll be out tomorrow all day campaigning for...

Cheers Very Happy
SharynS
Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Not entirely sure it's what you're looking for Lynda, but perhaps page 2 of this
Georgia State court document is it.

Last edited by SharynS on Sat May 10, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top profile :: pm :: e-mail :: www
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:58 pm

@Sharyn...
Yes,I've seen that, thanks.

I understand that this creature has been convicted of the misdemeanor of soliciting sodomy...

I looking for whether that specific crime is listed in section 504?

You know, where listed are crimes that result in a person being barred from holding Union Office.

I don't see the Lomax perv's crime listed there...( of course, it should be)

Maybe I need stronger glasses. Rolling Eyes
Home arrow Forums arrow The Soap Box arrow Lasting Impression comments
Page 1 of 2
page: 1, 2  next
Jump to: