Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW 5 Sham or Charity?

UFCW 5 Sham or Charity?

John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:26 pm

UFCW LOCAL 5's Alleged SHAM CHARITY?

Once again, UFCW Local 5's Secretary Treasurer Tim Hamann, is right in the middle of another "shit storm".

You remember Tim Hamann, Local 5's "Real Estate" guy?

UFCW Local 5 For $ale.

Well it appears that Local 5's infamous Secretary Treasurer Tim Hamann and other Local 5 staff may have established a sophisticated ruse / scheme in the form of an alleged sham charity that, quite possibly, may be funneling monies to themselves?

Below is a 2011 IRS Form 990 tax reporting form for "Shoot for a Cure".

UFCW5 IRS (Tax Exemption) Form 990

Tim Hamann and John Ulrich (Local 5) are listed as Directors. Mark Gagliardi, from American Income Life, is the Chairman and Treasurer.

Gagliardi is Hamann's and Ulrich's good friend. Mark Gagliardi allegedly uses Hamann's influence / connections to persuade Local 5 President Ron Lind to send out numerous mailers over the years promoting American Income Life to Local 5 Members.

The non-profit is growing every year by allegedly soliciting sponsors, largely through Tim Hamann's influence / connections as a UFCW Trustee and as Secretary-Treasurer at Local 5.

Hamann allegedly uses his positions to influence the money managers that invest in our Pension Fund in Walnut Creek. The IRS 900 form for 2011 lists $421 (K) for contributions to the shoots.

Check out the Shoot for a Cure Sponsors.

With Local 5's 3rd Union Election scheduled sometime in early 2014, Local 5 Member's can no longer afford and should NOT allow Secretary Treasurer Tim Hamann to continue working at UFCW Local 5 any longer!

3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?

It's time for Tim Hamann to follow in the footsteps as President Lind recently announced to his staff and retire ASAP!

Our current Leadership spend more time away from Local 5, pursuing their own personal agenda's, including, but not limited to, negotiating Concessionary Contracts!

No wonder WHY the Member's & Retiree's at Local 5 continue to be SOLD OUT by Lind & Hamann!
Back to top profile :: pm
John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Speaking of Local 5's Secretary Treasurer Tim Hamann, we can't forget about his compensation package at Local 5!

Note: Tim Hamann was the "former" President at UFCW Local 120 and one (1) of the seven (7) Bay Area UFCW Local Unions (120, 373, 428, 839, 870, 1096 and 1179) that merged our Local Unions to create UFCW Local 5 effective January 1, 2007.

Here are the LM2 Salary Comparisons for Tim Hamann, UFCW Local 5 Secretary Treasurer from 2004 to and including 2012.
Quote:
Here is the DOL Website Link to obtain LM2 Reports:
http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

UFCW LOCAL 120 -- FILE # 047-332
UFCW LOCAL 5 ---- FILE # 543-632

Note: Since I do not know the specific policy as it pertains to Tim Hamann’s expenses, allowances, etc., I will be using his “total amount” of monies listed on each of his LM2 Report’s.

Please refer to each individual’s respective yearly LM2 report for their “detailed amount” of allowances, disbursements, etc.

I apologize in advance for any inadvertent errors or omissions and the applicable LM2 Report for each individual shall govern.

2012 = UFCW Local 5 -----Secretary Treasurer, Tim Hamann= $150,629.00
2011 = UFCW Local 5 ---- Secretary Treasurer, Tim Hamann = $150,551.00
2010 = UFCW Local 5 ---- Secretary Treasurer, Tim Hamann = $148,210.00
2009 = UFCW Local 5 ---- Secretary Treasurer, Tim Hamann = $140,727.00
2008 = UFCW Local 5 -- Tim Hamann, Area Director = $107,071.00
2007 = UFCW Local 5 -- Tim Hamann, Area Director = $99,766.00
2006 = UFCW Local 120 - President, Tim Hamann = $108,037.00
2005 = UFCW Local 120 - President, Tim Hamann = $92,813.00
2004 = UFCW Local 120 - President Tim Hamann = $93,619.00

Note: UFCW Local 5 became effective 1-1-07.
Hey Tim...... It's time for you to RETIRE!!!!!
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:27 pm

John Briley wrote:

Well it appears that Local 5's infamous Secretary Treasurer Tim Hamann and other Local 5 staff may have established a sophisticated ruse / scheme in the form of an alleged sham charity that, quite possibly, may be funneling monies to themselves?

Will the pigs at the trough(at the expense of the members)never be satisfied?

Maybe it's time for a mass picket and public
protest
at the Hamann Real Estate office? Anyone up for that? I bet we'd have better luck finding Hamann at the real estate office then we would the Local 5 union hall!

I'm sure there's some brothers and sisters from the old Occupy Oakland crowd that would love to show up for an event like that! Should I make a few phone calls? Let me know. Wink

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:22 am

This is a very interesting group, with the exception, in my opinion, of tim hamann and john ulrich. The website is very well done. An interesting group of patrons.
I scanned the IRS papers and thought I saw a couple of interesting items. On page 6, line2 a question is asked--any officer, director,trustee or key employee have a family or business relationship. they answered no. Well, there are business relationships all over the place and with everybody.
Then on page 10, the expenses are very telling. Fundraising expenses--203,097 K. leukemiia was given 90,000 K. and MS was given 50,500 K. Total expenses--376,364 K. Program service expenses--156,075 K. Some body is living it up. Would you donate to this charity?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:02 am

Quote:
Gagliardi is Hamann's and Ulrich's good friend. Mark Gagliardi allegedly uses Hamann's influence / connections to persuade Local 5 President Ron Lind to send out numerous mailers over the years promoting American Income Life to Local 5 Members.
Speaking of Mailers.......

Didn't take them long to get out that last mailing before the end of the year...

Local 5 just sent the following mailer out to Local 5 Member's and Retiree's. I received my copy on Tuesday, November 26, 2013.
Additional Benefits
John Briley
Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:04 am

Wow... when it rains it pours!
Quote:
UFCW Local 5's 2012 LM2 Report for:

Rossi, John
EBoard and Area Dir
C $111,940 $0 $9,668 $0 $121,608

Here is the DOL Website Link to obtain LM2 Reports:
http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

UFCW LOCAL 5 ---- FILE # 543-632
Looks like there is another serious allegation about the infamous "Shoot For a Cure" fiasco at UFCW Local 5?

Word has it that Secretary-Treasurer, Tim Hamann (Chairman Emeritus - Shoot for a Cure / Real Estate Guy), and Local 5 Staff Director, Terry Gonzales, "allegedly" authorized John Rossi (Local 5 Director / Executive Board Member) to attend / participate in the National Sporting Clays Championship in San Antonio, Texas from October 22-27- 2013, "possibly" on Local 5 staff time?

This "may" not have been the only Clay Shoot junket Mr. Rossi has had the privilege to attend while Local 5 dues paying members have footed the bills.

Take a look at all the Clay Shoot events sponsored by Shoot for a Cure

Could it be while Local 5 is drowning in their "Defict Spending Addiction", Staff Director Terry Gonzales and Secretary-Treasurer Tim Hamann "allegedly" authorized Area Director John Rossi to attend / compete, in the National Clay Shoot Championships while the dues paying members of Local 5 "allegedly" paid his salary to attend the shoot?

NSCA National Championship

Curious minds are also wondering if Mr. Rossi was reimbursed for trip expenses?

Speaking of John Rossi...... here is a photo "allegedly" taken at the San Antonio Championship event. Local 5 Director John Rossi, is pictured on the far left.

John Rossi

ed=imagefix
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:10 am

John Briley wrote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be safe to say in such a shooting event like this that the NRA would have their finger prints all over it? And isn't the NRA notoriously right-wing Republican? Doesn't the NRA contribute huge dollars to the Republican campaigns during election time? And isn't it the right-wing right now who has launched a war on unions?

Brings me to my last question...

Why would any staff person employed by a "union" be involved with a so called "charity" event that has close ties with an organization like the NRA? Who in all reality spends a lot of money to to crush unions! Seems a bit fishy to me.

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: