NEXT SCHEDULED:

Seventh Regular Convention of the
UFCW International Union

http://yourlocal22.com/scheduled-events-2/

McCormick Place West Convention Center
Chicago, Illinois

Saturday, August 10 to
Sunday, August 16, 2013

Attention UFCW members! If your UFCW local union is going to send more than "2" delegates [Union President & Secretary-Treasurer] to the International Convention they must hold an nomination and election for other delegates & alternative delegates. Nominations & elections are open to all active members.

I.U. DELEGATE ELECTION:

Refer to I.U. Constitution.
Article 14 & Article 15 (pages 10-11)

See UFCW Constitution here

Do not let your current UFCW leadership send the usual hand picked executive board members, family members or paid staff to party in Chicago on your dime!

You as active members have just as much right to be at this convention [all expenses paid by the local union] as any of the "paid staff" who normally attend on your dime.

FORCE YOUR UFCW LOCAL TO HOLD "ELECTIONS" FOR CONVENTION DELEGATES!

It's your union - Demand involvement now!
Back to top profile :: pm
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 pm

To follow up on Il's post, here is an announcement for "Nomination Meetings for Convention Delegates" that I ran across in UFCW Local 1167's "February 2013" newspaper.
Quote:
Nomination Meetings for Convention Delegates

UFCW 1167's Desert Edge (February 2013 Edition / page 2):

http://www.ufcw1167.org/Desertedge.html
Have any other UFCW Local Union's notified their respective membership's about the upcoming UFCW I.U. Convention?
Quote:
Here's another announcement from UFCW Local 770. Please refer to page 5.
http://www.ufcw770.org/sites/default/files/images/Voice-March-2013.pdf
Quote:
Here's another announcement from UFCW Local 1428. Please refer to page 4.
http://www.ufcw1428.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/20286NL-2-2013-Web.pdf

RealCanadianStupidStore
Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 am

John Briley wrote:
Have any other UFCW Local Union's notified their respective membership's about the upcoming UFCW I.U. Convention?

Up here in Ontario, UFCW Local 1000A mailed a brief to members a couple of weeks ago outlining our local's process for "electing" delegates to the Convention. Based on our membership, we are allotted something like 26 spots. The President of the local (Pearl Sawyer) and Secretary-Treasurer (Tony Soares) are automatically delegates, and I believe the remaining 24 spots are then filled based on votes received at scheduled polls in April and May across the province. Nominations for delegates were accepted at the most recent round of General Membership Meetings.
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:49 am

Here is a letter I sent to Local 8 president Jacques Loveall back in 2008 when Local 8 members received "no" information about the UFCW Convention and delegate nominations & elections.

See letter here

I was told that year only Jacques Loveall(president) & Mike Turskey (S/T) attended the convention. Probably some upset staffers that year who missed the party!

As of yet "no" notice of nominations regarding convention delegates has gone out to Local 8 members. Oops! Isn't this a violation of the UFCW Constitution ?

Have any Local 5 members been informed of delegate elections yet? If not, why?

Here's a portion of my 2008 letter...

[/quote]It’s also been brought to my attention that each local will be sending delegates to the convention and those delegates if more than just the president and secretary-treasure must be elected by secret ballot by the membership of the local. According to the UFCW International Constitution page 10, Article 15 (B), based on the number of active members UFCW Local 8 Golden State is entitled to (26) delegates, am I correct about this President Loveall? The IU constitution also states, Article 15 (F) that nominations and elections are suppose to be completed by April of the Convention year. Article 15 (F) goes on to state...

“Not less than 15 days prior to the nomination of delegates, notice shall be mailed by the Local Union to each member at his or her last known home address, setting forth the times, dates, and places for conducting the nomination of delegates to the Convention. Not less than 15 days prior to the election of delegates, notice shall be mailed by the Local Union to each member at his or her last known address, setting forth the times, dates, and places for conducting the election. Notice of nominations and election may be combined into a single notice, which shall be mailed not less than 15 days prior to nominations” [quote]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:12 am

Quote:
Have any Local 5 members been informed of delegate elections yet? If not, why?
Scott... just got my hands on the following.
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 am

John Briley wrote:
Scott... just got my hands on the following.
Thanks John.

Not a word from Local 8 yet. Do you think it might have just slipped Jacques's mind to inform the Local 8 members of convention delegate nominations & elections? He is a busy man he may have just forgotten Wink

I can't imagine Jacques ever trying to deceive the members... can you? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Here's an interesting developement down in Southern California at UFCW Local 770..

Quote:

Team Enriquez...

Christopher Enriquez, Leticia Hernandez, and Roberto Rodriguez for UFCW 770 Delegates

http://teamenriquez.org/

SharynS
Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm

ufcw conventions are like the olympics of biz unionism. Anyone found with solidarity in their blood are subject to being banned from the competition. Or in ufcw_ese, singled out, harassed, set-up, blackballed....
Quote:
In August 2013, The UFCW International Convention will take place in Chicago. At this Convention, elected delegates will charter the future of the UFCW. It is a common practice at UFCW Conventions to raise union dues over a 5 year period, which is commonly referred to as per-capita. Union representatives, directors, and officers would like you to vote for them as delegates, so they can secure their future, with your union dues.
Good luck to Chris and team!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:50 am

My 2 1/2 x 2 inch "notice of nominations for convention delegates" showed up to day 3/19/13.

For Local 8 members who span from Fresno to the Oregon boarder who would like to attend there is a "one time meeting" on April 11, 2013 8:00PM at the Bakers & Painters Hall, 7125 Governors Circle, Sacramento. If you want Local 8 to hold an election for convention delegates you must attend this meeting and nominate someone or have someone nominate you. Do you really want the Loveall family to attend the party in Chicago on your dime again?

The type on the notice was literally so "small" you had to squint or magnify to read it! Apparently the leadership at Local 8 didn't want this notice to be noticed!

Last edited by Scott Schroeder on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
MagnusX
Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 am

Define active member, since this where they like to disqualify you. Does back paying any missed dues qualify you?
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:57 am

MagnusX wrote:
Define active member, since this where they like to disqualify you. Does back paying any missed dues qualify you?

Welcome to uncharted MagnusX.

As far a I know the member must be in good standing (all dues paid up) to qualify.

Go here for the details

http://www.ufcw.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2008-Constitution-pdf-english.pdf

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:54 pm

With the nomination process completed and the fact that numerous individuals have been nominated for the I.U. Convention, we now go into the Election of Delegates for Local 5.

Quote:

If an election is required, members will vote by mail referendum ballot.

Ballots will be mailed on April 11, 2013 and due back by 12 Noon on April 29, 2013.

You must mail your ballot in sufficient time so that it will be received no later thatn 12 Noon on April 29, 2013.

Ballots will be picked up at noon from the post office and counted at the main office in San Jose immediately after pick up of ballots on April 29, 2013.

Any questions regarding election of delgates to the International Convention shall be referred to UFCW Local 5 General Election Chairperson Robert L. Re at the San Jose office of Local 5.

Telephone: (408) 998-0428 or 1-877-65-3483 ext.5622.

Barry Albert
Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:04 am

hi people, hey Scott just to let you know local 8 held a special ballot measure meeting before the last convention so they wouldn't have to send any delegates. they voted not to send any delegates I attended the meeting which was held in a very small room at the painters & bakers union hall their were about 14 people there including myself. I remember this because the person heading the meeting kept using his cell phone trying to get more of the reps there, rest assured he wasn't calling any rank and file members. Their story was that it would be to expensive to send all the delegates so they voted to send just loveall & tursky. Funny how that works they always had enough money until the rank and file members find out then they are broke. Im surprised they are actually going to hold a meeting for anybody who wants to go. they have to have something up their sleeve because you know that they are not going to send any rank and file members unless they love Jacques and think he walks on water.
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:44 pm

With Mail Ballots scheduled to be mailed out on April 11, 2013, for Local 5 Delegates, nominated to attend the UFCW I.U. Convention, at the McCormick Place West Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois from Saturday, August 10 to Sunday, August 16, 2013, let's take a look at the list of Local 5 Member's and Staff who were nominated.

Quote:

UFCW Local 5's Nominated Delegates for the 2013 UFCW I.U. Convention

Please Note the total number of Local 5 paid Staff who were nominated!

If you are interested you can review Local 5's 2012 LM2 Report to determine those individuals who are paid staff.

Here is the link for the DOL Website to obtain Local 5's LM2 Reports.

http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

Local 5's LM2 File Number is 543-632
John Briley
Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Quote:

Attention all UFCW Local 5 Active Member's:

For your consideration to VOTE for.

Local 5 Delgate's for the Upcoming UFCW I.U. Convention.

Please make a copy and pass it around your store(s).

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/2013_delegate_flyer.pdf

Note: Please be advised that the DOL has extended their investigation once again. Their new extension date deadline is June 21, 2013. This information was received late Wednesday night, April 17, 2013.

Unfortunately we were not able to make the necessary adjusment to the previous DOL extension deadline date of May 10, 2013, found on the back of this flyer.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_investigation_time_waiver3.pdf

Thank You.

Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW International Convention 2013
Page 1 of 2
page: 1, 2  next
Jump to: