Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW Local 5 For $ale

UFCW Local 5 For $ale

page: 1, 2  next
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

UFCW Local 5: Who's in Charge? Shocked

Local 5 Executive Board Union Leader and Director Tim Hamann is "...Available 24/7 For All Your Real Estate Needs."

I'm concerned and confused ! When is he finding time to do the job he is being paid for by the Local 5 Active Members' Dues money??

UFCW 5's sec-treas Tim Hamann's 24/7 job Mad

Last edited by Lynda P. on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top profile :: pm
unionnow
Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Too funny.

That guy is an a number one turd but as President of the Meat division the meatheads love him.

I onced had a meathead pretend to slash me with one of his knives while I was trying to open his mind. Meatheads are the worst of the worst.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

unionnow wrote:
Too funny.

That guy is an a number one turd but as President of the Meat division the meatheads love him.

I onced had a meathead pretend to slash me with one of his knives while I was trying to open his mind. Meatheads are the worst of the worst.

Explain why he is a turd>???? I'm not familiar with Roger Rivera.

The Unforgiven
Outlawtorn
One
Minus Human
No leaf clover
Sanitarium
mAgIc mAn
G-Man
THE DOPE SHOW
Binding Of Isaac
unionnow
Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:03 pm

I wasnt commenting on Riveria, he would be a good change, I was commenting on the S/T (the other guy).

Its sad that a guy runs for president of a large local and does not have a full slate of candidates to cover some of the other positions.

One thing, as President of the Meat division he kept his office in Vallejo (for obvious reasons). There are no Meat division members in that area!

Another, he is a big spender that ran his local into he ground. He spent all the money, sold the union property and spent that all up as well. He was down to some 550 members and no money before he merged.

He is a do nothing. He is a big reason why the UFCW is going down the drain in Nor Cal. Too bad the other side of the house (the members) let it happen.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:18 pm

What about Roger??? Tell me about Rivera please. His past, his qualifications?? Would he be good?? What has he accomplished?? How would he be "a good change".??

The Unforgiven
Outlawtorn
One
Minus Human
No leaf clover
Sanitarium
mAgIc mAn
G-Man
THE DOPE SHOW
Binding Of Isaac
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 am

You may find some of your questions answered if you check out the topic: Rivera Challenges Lind For Local 5 Presidency

If you click on the link that I Posted on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:32 am then read paragraph two, you will note that Roger has included some of his background.

The rebuttal letter written and signed by Roger Rivera seems to be a response by him in defense of his honor; A glossy and rather slimy anti-Rivera “Hit Piece” was released following the beginning of his quest to gather the 592 signatures needed to secure his name on the ballot for this election.

Some background on Roger R. Rivera's qualifications are mentioned within his letter.
unionnow
Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 am

To be honest I dont know him that well. I worked with
him some on a few campaigns and I found him to be a pretty good guy.

He was not willing to take any bullshit form the International, I liked that.

He was president of the local for a time but he stepped down for health reasons. He has worked for the local for a long time. He has worked in the industry.

Lind is in a tough position, caught between the Loveall Clan and the International. He has been around a long time and he did not want the job but he had to step in for Riveria.

I like Lind personally, he is a nice guy. Nice guys finish last. The local needs a house cleaning. When crappy contracts lead to no internal changes then more crappy contracts are on the table next go around.

It really is an untenable postion either way. The demise of the unionized retail clerk in California is unstoppable short of some Moses stepping onto the scene and parting the waters of bullshit.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 am

@Unionnow: Thanks for the info. Please share any other info you have on Rivera. I want to vote for the best guy for the job. The more info the better! I know a dude at Nob Hill who is informing the workers and he recommends Rivera. He thinks he is the key to start to reform our union. He says "we can't simply decertify our bad union (that's what our employers want) but, we can do the next best thing, and can start to change our union leaders corrupt ways and change leadership with this guy. He says the key is to get figureheads in our union that actually care about workers and our union, and Rivera cares..." I agree, this IS how you make a union strong. He says "this might be the last chance we have to turn our union around and is a very important move." I hope he is right about this guy! Shocked

The Unforgiven
Outlawtorn
One
Minus Human
No leaf clover
Sanitarium
mAgIc mAn
G-Man
THE DOPE SHOW
Binding Of Isaac
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 am

Quote:
Contact Information For Tim Hamann et.al.:
http://www.hamannrealestate.com/officeDetail.aspx?lid=845&pg=0

One
Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:01 am

IL Duce wrote:
What about Roger??? Tell me about Rivera please. His past, his qualifications?? Would he be good?? What has he accomplished?? How would he be "a good change".??

Ah! Here is a man that can tell us more about Roger Rivera.. What say you, John Briley? Do you think he is the right man for the job? Your honest unbiased opinion please. What can you tell us about him? If anyone else has additional info (that has yet to be shared of this forum) please share your knowledge about Roger Rivera.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:49 am

unionnow wrote:

That guy is an a number one turd but as President of the Meat division.

Here's a bit more about Tim Hamann.

apparentlly he likes to play with guns

Nothing wrong with exercising your 2nd Amendment Rights IMO, but people usually this into firearms are close friends with the NRA! Just saying. Last time I checked the political side that the NRA snuggled up with were no friends of labor.

It's all becoming a bit clear now! NRA loving gun nut who runs an upscale reality office(most likely on the members time & dime) negotiates corporate friendly deals that hurt working families but put millions of $$$ back into the pockets of already filthy rich grocery owners and CEOs. Rolling Eyes

Just for the record I don't believe that this side business of Tim Hamann's is legal for him while he's working on the UFCW time & dime. Local 5 members may consider mass petitioning the Dept of Labor and get them involved.

At the very least Local 5 members & retirees may want to picket Hamann's reality office and shame & expose him? Just a thought.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 am

JB's views would be big. As little as I know about Riveria I would vote for him. I agree, this is your last chance to change things.

A hard working S/T would go a long way as well. Someone committed to the future of the union and not selling real estate on the side.

In the old days (a decade or two ago) we would have brought charges against the SOB for selling Real Estate on the union payroll. Its the same as stealing.

It might be a good idea to feel out your BA's and see what they think. Poke around, ask questions, get involved here and there. We got busy lives, do what you can do.

If I was active I would be running with him for S/T. Not so sure my doctor would like me having all the stress because I would not be going along to get along, I would want to try to turn it around.

Anyway, I made a good transition to a new field of endevors and I see our union president in the shop. All the union officers work in the shop.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 am

Quote:
A hard working S/T would go a long way as well. Someone committed to the future of the union and not selling real estate on the side.

Nope, according to the advertisement that is not accurate-The Tim Hamann Real Estate brochure states that he's available 24/7 for his Real Estate Clients....That's FULL TIME for the Real Estate biz and probably on-the-side part-time or NOT-AT-ALL availability for the job that 33,000 Active Dues Paying Members pay him to do.

unionnow
Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:47 am

Bring him up on charges for the theft of union funds.

There must be tons of phone calls on his union paid for cell phone dealing with Real Estate. Texts as well. All date and time stamped

I am sure you could easily ferret out all of his real estate deals over the years as well. One person in your group should be working on that. I used to do stuff like that.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 am

The more I learn about my union, the more I'm disgusted with my current union leadership. Is there any way the members can petition to remove the current President or leadership? Mad

The Unforgiven
Outlawtorn
One
Minus Human
No leaf clover
Sanitarium
mAgIc mAn
G-Man
THE DOPE SHOW
Binding Of Isaac
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW Local 5 For $ale