Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW 770 Officers Election

UFCW 770 Officers Election

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  next
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:32 pm

@ The Enforcer,.......

Regarding the UFCW I.U. requested,.......

I've recently sent you my signed copy for your review!

BTW.........

Any updates regarding the "alleged" incident down in Ventura County involving the UFCW I.U. Investigator, including "another" alleged Police Incident Report being filed?

Back to top profile :: pm
Enforcer
Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Let’s discuss charges #1 and #2:
Quote:

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/ufcw770_203_charges.pdf

Legal Disclaimer: All individuals, company's, and organizations listed in the twenty-three (23) pages, containing the two hundred-three (203) objections, are innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law.

1. UFCW 770 not abiding by the UFCW 770 bylaws in respect to term of offices.
2. UFCW 770 not abiding by the UFCW 770 bylaws.

Quote:
http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/statutes/lmrda-act.htm

Section 401(e) of the LMRDA requires that unions conduct officer elections in accordance with the union’s constitution and bylaws.
On August 28th 2012, a request was made to the UFCW Local 770 Leadership for a current copy of the bylaws, among other requests. The request was made for the document/bylaws that would be used a road map in preparing for the next officers election; but soon it would be discovered that there were HUGE ISSUES with the UFCW 770 bylaws

The bylaws request was sent off certified mail signature receipt:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/ufcw770_certified_mail_signature_card.pdf

Following the request, there were issues with the UFCW Local 770 leadership, in releasing a copy of their bylaws….
Quote:
to: grantjm@ufcw770.org
date: Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM
subject: For John Grant of UFCW 770

September 18th 2012

John Grant,

This email is to inform you that i have received the signature card from the Post Office for the letter dated 8/28/12, that was carbon copied to you, and delivered to your office on 8/30/12.

Certified Mail Tracking Number: 70112970000158671359

Quote:
to: grantjm@ufcw770.org
date: Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM
subject: For John Grant of UFCW 770

October 2, 2012

John Grant,

This email is to inform you that i am still in receipt of the signature card from the Post Office for the letter dated 8/28/12, that was carbon copied to you, and delivered to your office on 8/30/12. It has now been over 30 days since the carbon copied letter was delivered to your office.

Certified Mail Tracking Number: 70112970000158671359

UFCW 770 leadership started to attempt to initiate meetings with the requestor, however they were declined…
Quote:
to: pedwards@ufcw770.org
cc: grantjm@ufcw770.org
date: Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

October 12th 2012

Paul,

Yesterday, per your instruction to Tracey Richardson, Ms Richardson asked me if I wanted the documents I requested, mailed or hand delivered at a future meeting.

My official response: Please Mail all the documents I have requested to my address on file.
What’s the big secret you ask? Continue reading…

The bylaws and other documents requested were finally mailed on October 18th 2012:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/bylaws770_oct_2012.pdf
Quote:
(PAGE 20) ARTICLE XII – Nominations, Elections and Vacancies

Section 1. All officers shall be members of the Executive Board and shall be elected by secret ballot and their term of office shall be for three (3) years. Terms of office shall expire on December 31 and the terms of newly elected officers shall commence on January 1.

Page 38
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
This 26th day of January, 2011.
Near the end of 2014, Lisa Lee mailed another copy of the bylaws again to the candidate:

Tracking number/link:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&text28777=&tLabels=70023150000447685954
Quote:
to: ****
cc: Michael Four <mdf@ssdslaw.com>
date: Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM
subject: Bylaws Mailed

Dear Mr. ****,

I put the bylaws in the mail today to the address you provided us.

Sincerely,

Lisa Lee
Communications Manager
UFCW Local 770
Now let’s review the bylaws Lisa Lee provided. They should be the same, right? WRONG
Quote:

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/bylaws770_dec_2014.pdf
(PAGE 21) ARTICLE XII – Nominations, Elections and Vacancies

Section 1. All officers shall be members of the Executive Board and shall be elected by secret ballot and their term of office shall be for three (3) years. Terms of office shall expire on June 30 and the terms of newly elected officers shall commence on July 1.

Page 41
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
For the record: UFCW 770 has not presented the membership with new bylaws to vote upon…

WAIT! So lets review... two different sets of term of offices, with each version of the bylaws being on different pages, and WITH ONE APPROVAL STAMP from UFCW International President Hansen.
Quote:
Quote:

Section 1. All officers shall be members of the Executive Board and shall be elected by secret ballot and their term of office shall be for three (3) years. Terms of office shall expire on December 31 and the terms of newly elected officers shall commence on January 1.

Page 38
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
Quote:

Section 1. All officers shall be members of the Executive Board and shall be elected by secret ballot and their term of office shall be for three (3) years. Terms of office shall expire on June 30 and the terms of newly elected officers shall commence on July 1.

Page 41
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
Again: For the record: UFCW 770 has not presented the membership with new bylaws to vote upon…

Now lets play devils advocate and lets review the LM-2 Report filings by UFCW 770:
Quote:
Quote:
http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do
FILE NUMBER:517-385

Each of the undersigned, duly authorized officers of the above labor organization, declares, under penalty of perjury and other applicable penalties of law, that all of the information submitted in this report (including information contained in any accompanying documents) has been examined by the signatory and is, to the best of the undersigned individual's knowledge and belief, true, correct and complete (See Section V on penalties in the instructions.)

SIGNED: Ricardo Icaza PRESIDENT
Quote:
http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do
FILE NUMBER:517-385

2009 LM2 Filing: 18. During the reporting period did the labor organization have any changes in its constitution or bylaws, other than rates of dues and fees, or in practices/procedures listed in the instructions? No
2010 LM2 Filing: 18. During the reporting period did the labor organization have any changes in its constitution or bylaws, other than rates of dues and fees, or in practices/procedures listed in the instructions? No
2011 LM2 Filing: 18. During the reporting period did the labor organization have any changes in its constitution or bylaws, other than rates of dues and fees, or in practices/procedures listed in the instructions? No
2012 LM2 Filing: 18. During the reporting period did the labor organization have any changes in its constitution or bylaws, other than rates of dues and fees, or in practices/procedures listed in the instructions? No
2013 LM2 Filing: 18. During the reporting period did the labor organization have any changes in its constitution or bylaws, other than rates of dues and fees, or in practices/procedures listed in the instructions? No
2014 LM2 Filing: 18. During the reporting period did the labor organization have any changes in its constitution or bylaws, other than rates of dues and fees, or in practices/procedures listed in the instructions? No

YOU SAY WHAT? That’s right… NOTHING…
Quote:
to: lisa lee <lisalee@ufcw770.org>,
Michael Four <mdf@ssdslaw.com>

cc: Marc Perrone <mperrone@ufcw.org>,
Lisa Pedersen <lpedersen@ufcw.org>,
Elizabeth Beaudine <eb@ssdslaw.com>

date: December 2014
subject: Re: Bylaws Mailed

Ms Lee or Mr Four,

In respect to the UFCW 770 bylaws that were provided to me recently: When were they last updated AND approved by the UFCW International President? Also when was the last time the membership and the Executive Board vote on the bylaws?
This is matter I am requesting immediate attention to, in respect to the questions I have asked above. I have carbon copied the current UFCW International President, for he may be able to assist with answering these questions.

Thank you,
No response to this day….
Quote:
For the record: UFCW 770 has not presented the membership with new bylaws to vote upon…

WAIT! So lets review...two different sets of term of offices, with each version of the bylaws being on different pages, and WITH ONE APPROVAL STAMP from UFCW International President Hansen.
Quote:
Quote:

Page 38
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
Quote:

Page 41
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
@Team Icaza… again, and you say what??? nothing...
Quote:
http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/statutes/lmrda-act.htm

Section 401(e) of the LMRDA requires that unions conduct officer elections in accordance with the union’s constitution and bylaws.
FINALLY:
Based on the October 2012 version provided, UFCW 770 has violated their bylaws for two election cycles and are now allegedly illegitimate officers.
Quote:
2012 Officers Election Nominations Announcement:

http://ufcw770.org/sites/default/files/images/Voice-Dec-11.pdf

This shall serve as official notice to the active membership of UFCW Local 770 that nomination petitions for any of the above offices must be submitted in person, by U.S. mail or other carrier no later than 5:00p.m., Monday, January 30, 2012, at the main office of Local 770, 630 Shatto Pl., Los Angeles, CA 90005, to the attention of Patti Vargo, Election General
Chairperson.

Section 2. Nominations and elections shall be conducted
during the last six months preceding the expiration of the term of office. Date(s), time(s), place(s), and rules for the election shall be established by the general chairperson of the election.
Quote:

Page 38
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
Nominations should of been conducted in different months, according to the bylaws for the 2012 election (confusing indeed) Why was SECTION 1 of the bylaws not quoted in the 2012 nominations magazine?

Now lets look at this current 2015 UFCW 770 officers election:
Quote:
2015 Officers Election Nominations Announcement:

http://ufcw770.org/sites/default/files/images/Volume_67_Issue_4.pdf

Section 1. All officers shall be members of the Executive Board and shall be elected by secret ballot and their term of office shall be for three (3) years. Terms of office shall expire on June 30 and the terms of newly elected officers shall commence on July 1

Section 2. Nominations and elections shall be conducted during the last six months preceding the expiration of the term of office. Date(s), time(s), place(s), manner and procedures for the nominations and election shall be established by the general
chairperson of the election.
Quote:

Page 38
APPROVED:
By Joseph T Hansen
Section 1 was quoted this time, but does not coincide with the original bylaws.

Confusing isn't it?

Last edited by Enforcer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:12 pm

@ Team Icaza,.....

one of the others
Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:08 am

Looks like local 770, essentially, keeps two sets of books. Firstly, any/all changes of the local's bylaws must be presented to the membership to vote on any changes------ALWAYS!!!! A local can have only ONE set of bylaws----Always!!!! A local can not do anything too much more illegal than misrepresenting it's bylaws. Looks like 770 majorly fucked up big time. The cheaters and liars tried to pull a fast one and got caught. What a filthy, steaming pile of shit they are. What a disgrace those at 770 are to the labor movement. What a complete disgrace they are. What a Crime-----What a Shame!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:59 am

Quote:

to: afabela@ufcw.org

cc: mperrone@ufcw.org, kwilliamson@ufcw.org, DOL - Los Angeles (email redacted), DOL - San Fransisco (email redacted), DOL - Washington D.C. (email redacted)

date: 6/22/2015 at 11:39am

Mr. Fabela,

This email is to discuss our meeting planned for June 23rd 2015 in Ventura County, at 2:00pm. As stated to you on the phone, June 11th 2015, this meeting on June 23rd 2015, that was proposed by me, is being conducted for the purposes of finalizing any and all questions/inquiries that you have regarding the 203 objections to the UFCW 770 officer’s election, that are still pending. Please come prepared.

In a follow up email, dated June 11th 2015, I stated the following, “When we had our conversation this morning, I asked if there was anything else you needed from me. It seems based on our conversation that there is not anything needed now. Let me know if you need anything going forward”. Since June 11th 2015, I have not heard anything from you stating you needed any more information. ....***, but I constantly checked my email. However, I still did not receive any new emails from you with new questions and or inquiries.

As you already know, much of your information and notes, that you have shared through email, have incorrect statements and or discrepancies. I encourage you to finally correct and seek clarification on June 23rd 2015. I will send you the location of our meeting, Tuesday morning.

During this process, I have engaged with you regarding your questions and inquiries you have had regarding this election and investigation, to the fullest extent. Following this meeting on June 23rd 2015, I expect you to have this investigation concluded. As I stated already to you previously, ......that way we can meet and finalize this very important matter. As usual, I am engaging myself in this investigation process to the fullest extent. I expect the same from you.

Regards,

Quote:

to: ***@***

date: 6/22/2015 at 12:09pm

Mr. ***,

Please provide, either in advance by e-mail or in person at our meeting tomorrow, copies of nominating petitions as well as any other documents you want to be considered as part of the investigation of your appeal of Local 770's election of officers.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

cc: mperrone@ufcw.org, kwilliamson@ufcw.org, DOL - Los Angeles (email redacted), DOL - San Fransisco (email redacted), DOL - Washington D.C. (email redacted)

date: 6/22/2015 at 4:58pm

Mr Fabela,

Your request for my nomination petitions is irrelevant to the investigation. Resubmit with an explanation for reconsideration and point out which objection(s) you believe my nomination petitions are linked to.

The nomination petitions remain confidential, under applicable federal and state laws.
They contain social security numbers and personal information that was gathered for the purposes of being submitted to the General Election Chairperson of UFCW local 770. You are not the election chairperson. To make matters worse for your position, Lisa Lee, general election chairperson, did not make the request for the nomination petitions during her investigation. Should she have made such a request, during her investigation, the nomination petitions would of been immediately released to her, for she was the intended recipient. Also, in a letter dated, 3/9/2015, Lisa Lee stated in her decision letter, regarding the objections to the election, that an investigation was conducted and that she and the investigation committee denied my objections. Lisa Lee and the UFCW local 770 investigation committee concluded their investigation without my nomination petitions.

When signatures and other information on the petition were solicited from members, the members were given assurances that the personal information would be used for the verification process at the local union level only, with the election chairperson. By me releasing these signatures and personal information to you, I may be subjected to civil litigation. You may also be subjected to civil litigation for possessing and receiving such personal information. You are not the intended recipient of these petitions, containing highly personal information.

I reserve the right to reconsider my position, for also other additional reasons. Other matters regarding nomination petitions are hereby objected to, until further notice.

Regards,

one of the others
Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:11 am

Following your correspondence with, both, the international union and local 770 is breath taking in it's charade. Are they (both) so truly inadequate (how could that even be possible) or is it just an intentional waste of time to do nothing because they do not care about the process? Or are they faking it in hope of finding another angle they can try and make work. The DOL allows a union to be lazy, stupid, ignorant or completely inadequate and self motivated (sadly). They just aren't allowed to be ILLEGAL.
Do you think that could be their angle? Do you think they (local 770 and the international) are trying to make this go away by hoping that if enough empty time goes by that the Department of Labor, eventually, will believe that they are that truly inadequate and worthless and can slide by that way?
Well, they all convinced me. It is my opinion that they have proven their stupidity, inadequacy, worthlessness, and treachery. But, I believe you have shone they are ILLEGAL.
What a disgrace to the labor movement. I congratulate you, Enforcer, in your tenacity. You must feel so thoroughly disgusted. Don't let them wear you down. Your local is lucky to have you fighting for them.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:05 am

As I previously posted back on February 18, 2015, ........

Team Icaza must now deal with the Enforcer over the next several months!

@ Team Icaza,..... how's that been working out for you?
Enforcer
Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:49 pm

RECALL:

Quote:

date: 6/22/2015 at 4:58pm

Mr Fabela,

Your request for my nomination petitions is irrelevant to the investigation. Resubmit with an explanation for reconsideration and point out which objection(s) you believe my nomination petitions are linked to.

The nomination petitions remain confidential, under applicable federal and state laws. They contain social security numbers and personal information that was gathered for the purposes of being submitted to the General Election Chairperson of UFCW local 770. You are not the election chairperson. To make matters worse for your position, Lisa Lee, general election chairperson, did not make the request for the nomination petitions during her investigation. Should she have made such a request, during her investigation, the nomination petitions would of been immediately released to her, for she was the intended recipient. Also, in a letter dated, 3/9/2015, Lisa Lee stated in her decision letter, regarding the objections to the election, that an investigation was conducted and that she and the investigation committee denied my objections. Lisa Lee and the UFCW local 770 investigation committee concluded their investigation without my nomination petitions.

When signatures and other information on the petition were solicited from members, the members were given assurances that the personal information would be used for the verification process at the local union level only, with the election chairperson. By me releasing these signatures and personal information to you, I may be subjected to civil litigation. You may also be subjected to civil litigation for possessing and receiving such personal information. You are not the intended recipient of these petitions, containing highly personal information.

I reserve the right to reconsider my position, for also other additional reasons. Other matters regarding nomination petitions are hereby objected to, until further notice.

Regards,

UFCW International Proposes a Confidentiality Agreement:

Quote:

to: ***@***

date: Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Mr. ****,

I have attached my email from June 1, 2015, which explains in full the purpose of the nomination petitions, which you had previously agreed to provide.

In any event I offer a solution to your concerns. If you so desire, you can redact the social security numbers from the petitions. Additionally, I would be willing to provide a confidentiality agreement that would ensure that the information would not otherwise be disclosed.

Please advise.

Quote:

to: ****

date: Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:20 AM

(attached)
Quote:

UFCW International Proposed Confidentiality Agreement for your review:

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/iu_2015-proposed_agreement.pdf

Quote:

cc: mperrone@ufcw.org, kwilliamson@ufcw.org

bc: DOL - Los Angeles (email redacted), DOL - San Fransisco (email redacted), DOL - Washington D.C. (email redacted)

date: Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Mr Fabela,

The proposed confidentiality agreement still remains under review.

The email you forwarded does NOT suffice the documentation I requested, authorizing that you, Arnoldo Fabela, can sign on behalf of UFCW International.

To clarify, with specificity, the documentation you provide, must contain a signature by UFCW International President Perrone and or UFCW International General Counsel; that you, Arnoldo Fabela, may sign the confidentiality agreement on behalf of UFCW International. The document, to verify authenticity, should be written on UFCW International letterhead.

Regards,

Quote:

date: Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Mr Fabela,

This is in response to your proposed Confidentiality Agreement, on behalf of UFCW International. I will NOT be signing or accepting your proposed confidentiality agreement.

When requested, with specificity, you failed to provide official documentation that you are authorized to sign the confidentiality agreement on behalf of UFCW International. You are a failure.

The proposed confidentiality agreement has many issues, including but not limited to: it’s ethics, its validity, its content, and its failure to address the assurances to the UFCW 770 membership. Currently the UFCW International organization has no authority to possess, receive, and or issue such personal information, as example: a social security number. In the upcoming UFCW International President decision letter, regarding this UFCW 770 officers election investigation, this proposed confidentiality agreement may also prevent any releasing of material information needed to justify a decision, preventing me from a fair investigation, preventing a detailed decision explanation of the investigation and or its findings.

By releasing the signatures and personal information to you, I may be also subjected to civil litigation. You may also be subjected to civil litigation for possessing and receiving such personal information, however, but not limited to, potential criminal and or federal charges for possessing or receiving such information; should any signatory raise the complaint. My nomination petitions remain confidential, under applicable federal and state laws, until required of me in a local, state, and or federal investigation; or under a valid subpoena. The UFCW International is not a local, state, and or federal authority figure.

On June 22nd 2015, on the eve of our in-person meeting, you proposed a confidentiality agreement through email. In the same email you also proposed and stated, “If you so desire, you can redact the social security numbers from the petitions.” Redacting any sort of information on my nomination petitions would invalidate the petitions. The announcement in the December 2014 magazine, that announced the UFCW Local 770 Officers Election nominations was clear, “The nominating petition must contain information sufficient to permit the general chairperson to verify the identity of the signatories”. One of those requirements was the Social Security Number(s) factor. You also failed to address the other personal and confidential information (in addition to the social security number) that are also on the petitions: signatures, full names, employer name, and employer locations of the signatories.

Recall that Lisa Lee, UFCW 770 Election Chairperson, concluded her internal investigation, to my 203 objections, without the nomination petitions. During the internal UFCW Local 770 investigation, Lisa Lee, not once requested my nomination petitions. Should have Lisa Lee requested my nomination petitions, during her internal investigation, I would have immediately provided her with all copies.

In your June 1st 2015 email, you stated your reasoning of why the nomination petitions should be released. You state, “ Your copies of the nominating petitions and information relating to the nominations petitions is needed to verify that you were in fact a viable candidate for President of Local 770”. You have been provided with documents and witnesses who have attested to this.

On August 14th 2014, I sent a letter to President Icaza stating my intent to be a candidate in the upcoming UFCW 770 officer’s election. In the same letter I requested campaign mailings, that UFCW local 770 eventually complied to. You were provided a copy of this letter of intent/ campaign mailing request. My candidacy was clearly reiterated when I sent out multiple campaign mailings throughout the election process. You also were provided those documents. In January 2015, I sent another campaign mailing to the UFCW 770 membership again clearly announcing my candidacy for President of UFCW Local 770. I went as far as notarizing the same document to the membership, including notarizing my campaign promises to the UFCW Local 770 membership, if nominated and elected President of UFCW Local 770, while also informing the UFCW 770 membership, in the same document, that I and my team would be entering their stores to solicit signatures to get me on the ballot for President of UFCW Local 770. You were provided with a copy of that document that was mailed to the membership. A few weeks following that campaign mailing, I sent out an additional campaign mailing to the UFCW local 770 membership. You have plenty of documentation that doesn’t require the need of my nomination petitions to answer your inquiry.

Since inception, I have been transparent and engaging with you during this entire investigation. For example, **** were produced as witnesses to many objections. They both attested to coming down to San Luis Obispo County to solicit signatures to get me on the ballot for the UFCW 770 Election, for the position of President. You inquired with them, among other things, the contents regarding the nomination petitions. Store locations, number of signatures, and other information, they happily provided. Not once did you question their credibility and or the information they provided. You never requested actual copies of the petitions, from *****, that they solicited in San Luis Obispo County; but accepted in lieu of the copy of the petitions, the content and information regarding the petitions. Such information provided, by ******, did not release personal information such as social security numbers, full names, signatures, and or the specific work location of a signatory; which you never objected to.

When signatures and other information on the nomination petition were solicited from members, the members were given assurances that the personal information would be used for the verification process at the local union level only, with the election chairperson. The nomination petitions contain social security numbers and personal information that was gathered for the purposes of being submitted to the General Election Chairperson of UFCW local 770. You are not the election chairperson.

I reserve the right to reconsider my position, regarding my nomination petitions. Other matters regarding nomination petitions are hereby objected to, until further notice.

--

Regards,

one of the others
Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:33 am

Reading as you document your interaction with this now international representative assigned to your election challenge, I am left stunned. How is it possible your international union and this large, powerful union in Los Angeles can present themselves as such an underhanded player? I am led to believe that this investigator put in charge of your challenge by your international union (does iu president perrone make those decisions?) is completely incompetent and an embarrassment. Is there any real value to this process they are putting you through? I am led to believe that this is all a perfunctory sideshow and they are just going through the motions. Ultimately, I am led to believe the decision you will be receiving is predetermined. I suspect it will not be in your favor. Why don't they just get to the bottom line, tell you no and go away and quit wasting your time and the membership's money. Why don't they address the issue of having 2 sets of by-laws (which is soooo ILLEGAL), especially after their LM2 reads a vote on the by-laws has never been presented to the membership (which is soooo ILLEGAL). They are sooooo BUSTED.
So, let's see. You have exposed embezzlement and now this duplicity of by-laws, plus the public admission of not having a vote on these same by-laws. It looks to me like everyone in an elected position at local 770 is there ILLEGALLY. WOW!
I can't wait to see this sordid drama end. Bring on the Department Of Labor. I think your union is a an embarrassment to the labor movement. Shame on them.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Regarding the UFCW I.U. requested,.......

and the,.....

UFCW I.U. requested,......

including but not limited to,......

UFCW Local 770's Election Chairperson, Lisa Lee,.....

refusing to meet one-on-one with President Icaza's opponent to review the 203 charges,.....

and the outrageous revelation that UFCW Local 770 has multiple,....

Seriously,......

Looking forward to,......

Team DOL,......

vs.

Team Icaza,....

Series Opener Coming Soon, Summer 2015!
John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Quote:

and the outrageous revelation that UFCW Local 770 has multiple,....

@ UFCW I.U. President Marc Perrone,....

Including the entire UFCW I.U. Executive Committee,....

http://www.ufcw.org/about/ufcw-leaders/

International Secretary-Treasurer
Patrick J. O’Neill

Executive Vice President
Paul Meinema

Executive Vice President
Stuart Appelbaum

Executive Vice President
Esther López

Seriously,.... how many Bylaw variations are you going to allow UFCW Local 770 to have, before you muster up enough courage to SANCTION the shit out of Team Icaza over at UFCW Local 770?

It is quite obvious to this "former" UFCW Local Union President, that UFCW Local 770 President / UFCW I.U. V.P. Ricardo Icaza, et. al., do not give a shit about their own Bylaws and or our UFCW I.U. Constitution!

Absolutely Shameful!

John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:31 pm

@ The UFCW I.U. Investigator,.......

....and you say what,???????
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:06 pm

Quote:

Got to wonder "if" Team Icaza / UFCW Local 770, will establish a "new record" here in California in 2015, by breaking the previous record of three (3) Local Union Elections currently held by UFCW Local 5??

3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?
http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=1958

Only time will tell!

By way of examples......

Here's an overview of the DOL's "status updates", they provided to the individual's involved, during the "previous" Local 5 Union Election's Debacle!

Eight DOL / DOJ Investigation Extension Letters.

1. Extension to March 29, 2013:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/ufcw_time_waiver_agreement.pdf

2. Extension to April 19, 2013:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_time_waiver2.pdf

3. Extension to May 10, 2013:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_investigation_extension.pdf

4. Extension to June 21, 2013: http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_investigation_time_waiver3.pdf

5. Extension to July 19, 2013:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/20130620_dol_time_waiver_no5.pdf

6. Extension to August 19, 2013:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_ext_072013.pdf

7. Extension to Friday, September 27, 2013:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/201309_dol_ufcw_ext7.pdf

8. Extension to Friday, October 25, 2013:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_time_waiver8_10_25_13.pdf

Followed by the "final" letter from the DOL.

DOL Orders UFCW Local 5 to conduct a THIRD NOMINATION and ELECTION of OFFICERS.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/20131022_acceptance_agreement.pdf

@ Team Icaza,..et.al.,........

From where I'm sitting, I hope all of you realize that,.....

In the mean time, while we all wait,......enjoy some..........

John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:31 pm

So what is the rest-of-the-story with respect to the above mentioned new UFCW Store Employer who recently entered the Southern California market?

Following previous posts on UFCW Local 770's website,......

Quote:

December 2014:

http://www.ufcw770.org/sites/default/files/images/Volume_67_Issue_4.pdf

UFCW Local 770's President Ricardo Icaza.

Excerpt:

Protecting worker rights:

Your union worked hard to protect members in the Albertsons/ Safeway merger, one of the largest in the U.S.

We quickly engaged the California Attorney General to help preserve union jobs, and we hired a top anti-trust attorney and our own economist to protect members’ and consumers’ interests during the merger of these two chains.

Because of our decisive action, all divested stores in California will go to the Haggen grocery chain!

Haggen will hire all the employees in the divested stores and respect our collective bargaining agreement.

This will protect our pension and health and welfare funds.

followed by,........

Quote:

March 2015:

http://www.ufcw770.org/sites/default/files/images/Voice-March-2015.pdf

Paul Edwards, UFCW Local 770's Field Director.

Excerpt:

Over the next several months, the Attorney General’s Office met with your union and closely monitored the merger transaction. When it was finally complete in January 2015, it was announced that Haggen would purchase all the divested stores in Southern California.

Haggen also agreed that it would operate 100% union and that they would assume the current collective bargaining agreement and abide by all its existing terms and conditions.

The end result is that all union jobs are now preserved and there will be no loss of hours or contributions to our member’s Trust Fund.

As the transition takes place, our members who work for Vons and Albertsons are being given the opportunity to stay in their existing, divested store, and become employed by Haggen.

In fact, 99% of our members have chosen to work for Haggen.

The first of 37 stores in UFCW Local 770’s jurisdiction converted to a Haggen store on March 24th in Palmdale, and the last store in San Pedro will transition in early May.

Haggen is the largest independent grocer in the Pacific Northwest. They operated eighteen stores in Oregon and Washington before expanding to the additional 146 stores purchased as part of the Vons/Albertsons merger through- out Northern and Southern California.

Well it appears that recently, Haggens has begun laying off our UFCW Members throughout Southern Ca.

Quote:

http://m.keyt.com/news/some-haggen-new-hires-looking-for-new-jobs/34109660

Haggen Cuts Staff Numbers in Stores Across Central Coast

Author: Tracy Lehr, KEYT - KCOY - KKFX Reporter, tracy@keyt.com

Published On: Jul 11 2015 01:52:54 AM CDT

Updated On: Jul 13 2015

Excerpt:

Last hired first fired may be in place for Haggen stores that just bought dozens of local stores.

New Haggen grocery store employees are worried about their jobs.

Declan Minnis said he trained for six weeks for his new job at the store near the corner of La Cumbre and State Street in Santa Barbara. He said Friday that first his hours were cut and then he was told he would be laid off on Sunday. And he said he is not alone.

Several Haggen employees and their spouses contacted NewsChannel 3 and said that many employee hours have been cut back by nearly half. They said that employees were notified of the cutbacks or layoffs on Friday.

Minnis said customers were not flocking to the new store.

Another serious component to these layoffs is the fact that it appears that long time full-time UFCW Members are loosing their full-time status and are being reduced to part-time status!

Here are a few comments from the above mentioned report.

Quote:

Not only are people being layed off but if you were a full time employee for Von's or Albertsons before the change your full time status was removed and you are now part time wow is all I can say. I guess we can thank the union for that deal. As union workers we all thought they would protect our rights as employees and help us keep what we all worked so hard for I guess not

Quote:

I worked for albertsons for 30 years and am now a haggen employee. I have been full time 40 hours 27 of those years and was just told that they are taking away my full time status because of the loss in sales. Many of haggen prices did go up slightly and many went way down. The big chains have people fooled with the higher bases price and what looks like a good deal sale price. Haggen just lowered the base price to a better than usual albertsons sale price. People are all trained to buy it if its on salesale, not knowing the regular price is just to high to begin with. Haggen will have better sales when they get their marketing team in place. Give them a chance they are just getting started.

@ UFCW Local 770 President Ricardo Icaza,.......

including Paul Edwards, UFCW Local 770's Field Director,.....

....and you say what?

BTW.... let's not forget to include the following as part of the record.

Quote:

http://www.ufcw770.org/content/albertsons-vons-merger

Albertsons / Vons Merger

January 2015

Several weeks ago Albertsons / Safeway announced the stores that would be divested as a result of their merger and also announced that Haggen, a grocer from the Pacific Northwest, would buy all of the divested stores in Southern California.

This is good news!

We have learned from our sister unions in the Pacific Northwest that Haggen has a history of good relationships with labor. It was the pressure we exerted with Attorney General Kamala Harris that resulted in having a union buyer, such as Haggen, acquire all the divested stores.

This outcome assures not only our members’ jobs but also the trust fund hours we need to pay for their health and pension benefits. We are so pleased that our hard work paid off and the unionized Southern California grocery market will remain strong.

We met with Haggen this week and we are very excited about their future in Southern California. Haggen has agreed to accept our current union contract.

Haggen will recognize everyone’s seniority and hire date and will maintain everyone’s wage rates, full or part time status, vacation accruals, Sunday rates, holiday pay and holiday entitlement.

Haggen will also maintain all seniority dates for claiming schedules and all other contractual provisions that touch upon seniority and will maintain all the same health and pension benefits. Employees who decide to stay with Haggen will not be required to serve a new or additional probationary period.

All employees in divested stores will be afforded their contractual right to choose to either stay in their current store and work for Haggen or use their seniority to bump into another Albertsons or Safeway store. We believe that most employees in divested stores will chose to stay with Haggen for a number of reasons.

Haggen knows that good, experienced employees are the key to its success and they are doing everything possible to assure a smooth transition and guarantee that all employees continue to enjoy the same wages and benefits as with their prior employer. Haggen is also making a huge investment to take over these stores and will do everything in their power to make these stores successful.

We are excited to welcome Haggen to Southern California. We are looking forward to working with them to assure their success and prosperity.

John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:58 pm

For your information and review, here's another article re: Haggen Grocery Stores in Southern California.

Quote:

http://www.sbsun.com/business/20150714/southern-california-haggen-stores-lay-off-workers-cut-back-hours

Southern California Haggen stores lay off workers, cut back hours

By Neil Nisperos, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

POSTED: 07/14/15

Excerpt(s):

"Haggen, a supermarket chain based in the Pacific Northwest that made a huge expansion into the Southwest earlier this year, including the purchase of former Albertsons and Vons stores in Southern California, has laid off employees and is cutting back workers’ hours, according to union and company officials.

Throughout Southern California, hundreds of part-time employees had been let go, while many full-time staffers had their hours reduced to part-time work."

"The United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 770, which has about 30,000 members in Los Angeles, Kern, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, has about 2,000 Haggen employee members, with most being affected by the reduction, said Kathy Finn, director of collective bargaining for the union.

“A majority (of Haggen employees in the union) are impacted, and we’re very upset about what Haggen’s decided to do, and we don’t think they’re following through with their commitment,” Finn said. “They committed to make these stores successful, and sometimes it takes a little longer than the amount of time they put in, and they seem to be willing to pull the plug. ... We are looking into all of the layoffs and reductions, and we’ll be filing grievances in cases where the company has not respected the contract.”

Very interesting that we still have NO "official statement" from Icaza and or Edwards re: this very serious matter?

Wonder why?????

@ Icaza and Edwards,.... and you say what??????
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW 770 Officers Election
Page 12 of 21
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  next
Jump to: