Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW No. Ca. Food Negs. / Round 2

UFCW No. Ca. Food Negs. / Round 2

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
John Briley
Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:23 am

Quote:
The secret ballots for the Save Mart/Lucky Last, Best and Final offer will be counted on February 22, 2017 at approximately 3:00 PM at the Hayward office.

@ Team Nunes....... it’s 10:25 PM on February 22, 2017........

What’s the status of the SaveMart / Lucky vote count?

Couldn’t find any updates on our website???

http://ufcw5.org

What’s up?
Back to top profile :: pm
John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Lucky Members Ratify Agreement.

Quote:

http://ufcw5.org/lucky-members-ratify-agreement/

Lucky Members Ratify Agreement

February 23, 2017

Lucky ballots were tallied on February 22, 2017 and members ratified the agreement by a margin of 55% to 45%.

It is expected that Save Mart will issue the appropriate compensation to all affected employees under the newly ratified agreement within three weeks.

Please refer to the Lucky Last, Best and Final offer sent to all bargaining unit members to determine how your compensation will be calculated.

If you have questions regarding the contents of the Last, Best and Final offer please do not hesitate to contact your assigned Union Representative.

Now we know the rest of the story......sort of ?

It will be real interesting as Team Nunes negotiated Concessionary Contracts, etc., during their first term in office, will Local 5 Members have the courage / incentive to vote them out of office within the next few months?

Stay tuned!

Quote:

UFCW 5's 2017 Election Countdown
http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2712

@ UFCW Local 5 Membership......And you say what?
John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:40 pm

For the record!........Let us not forget!

Quote:

Local 5 Members First.

http://local5membersfirst.org

John Nunes Biography.

Dear Sisters & Brothers,

I am a candidate for President of UFCW Local 5 and would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself and present to you my union background.

After graduating from high school in 1973, I began working at International Harvester in San Leandro building heavy duty diesel trucks. I was impressed by the benefits of being a member of the United Auto Workers Union which included full time work, health benefits, good wages and fair treatment of employees through the Union contract.

In 1975 the company downsized and I was laid off. I determined a union job was the best opportunity I would have to earn a middle class living, and accordingly, I applied for work at union employers only. I was hired by Safeway as a full-time apprentice food clerk and soon was supervising the night crew.

I was picket captain during the six week strike in 1980 during which Safeway attempted to eliminate seniority rights. The members fought hard and seniority rights were secured in the contract.

In 1983 I was elected vice president on the executive board of local 870 in Alameda County and have remained on the executive board since. In 1989 I was hired as a union representative.

I was terminated by the president of Local 870 in 1991. The president engaged in fraud and financial malfeasance and I demanded his resignation for breaching the trust of the members. I appealed my termination to the executive board and was reinstated by a 12-2 vote. Shortly thereafter the president resigned and I went back to work representing the members.

At Local 870 I served in the capacity of organizing director and grievance coordinator. I have been successful in reinstating, or assisting in reinstating, more than 200 members unjustly terminated. As secretary-treasurer I produced balanced budgets each year I was in office.

Since the merger of the 8 local unions forming Local 5, I have served as area director and currently as bargaining director. In 2007, I was a critic of the restructured Save Mart agreement that has morphed into the current concessionary contract.

The East Bay has produced an aggressive movement against the invasion of non-union grocery stores and supercenters and I have had the opportunity to play a key role in stopping them. Were it not for super center bans adopted in Alameda, Benicia, Dublin, Livermore, Martinez, Oakland, Union City and Alameda County thousands of good union grocery jobs would have vanished.

Your vote for the Members First Slate is a vote for real change. I will establish close relationships with the members, not the employers! I will not agree to continue any concessionary agreements and will reel in the wasteful spending by the entrenched bureaucracy at the main office in San Jose.

In Solidarity,

John Nunes

Our Principles.

The name of the UFCW Local 5 Members First Slate says it all. When decisions are made by the incoming officers and executive board the number one priority will always be the members first. From collective bargaining for new contracts, to negotiating with vendors for health coverage and all the other issues the union must deal with from here on out it’s Members First!

Here are some of the immediate goals of the Members First team:

*Negotiate contracts that provide the wages and benefits necessary to support our families and keep them healthy

*Restore wages & full time positions that were reduced in previous agreements

*Work to streamline operations so dues increases are not required

*Work hard to improve health and pension benefits and make sure accurate information is delivered as quickly and courteously as possible

The bottom line consideration with every principle and priority of the Local 5 Members First Slate is the advancement of of the membership and the union.

On June 12, 2014 ballots will be mailed for a new election of all UFCW Local 5 officers; President, Secretary-Treasurer, Recorder and thirty executive board members. John Nunes and Jack Landes have stepped up along with thirty candidates for Executive Board to lead the slate.

Unions have been under attack for decades and it shows in the contracts the membership is working under. The Local 5 Members First slate will expend every effort to bring the unions contracts back to a level that provides the wages and benefits necessary to raise a family and keep them healthy.

The Local 5 Members First slate is the right group of leaders at the right time for you, your family and the union. The Local 5 Members First slate will not let you down. Support the Local 5 Members First slate; John Nunes for President, Jack Landes for Secretary-Treasurer and the Members First slate of Executive Board candidates.

John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:18 pm

Remember this guy, Steve Burd.........??

Quote:

Burd Health

Steve Burd, Founder and CEO:

http://www.burdhealth.com

Last edited by John Briley on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrmallard
Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:47 pm

does anyone have copy of ths contract

Burd Health

Steve Burd, Founder and CEO:

http://www.burdhealth.com
[/quote][/quote]

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 pm

It appears that mrmallard was on top of this story way back in 2012. I apologize to mrmallard for duplicating this in my post dated 3-20-17.

@mrmallard.....Thank You for bringing it to my attention.
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:49 am

Attention UFCW Active Members within Local 5, 8 and 648.

As a suggestion, please make sure you check your mailboxes for the following document from our UFCW Trust!

I was just provided with a letter dated March 30, 2017 from our UFCWTrust that I am curious as to how many of our Members were even aware of when they were voting on their most recent contracts.

Specifically,........

Quote:

UFCWTrust

March 30, 2017

Important - Please Read

Dear UEBT Member:

Enclosed is your check for the 2016 Sick Leave Payout from the UFCW & Employers Benefit Trust (“UEBT”). Pursuant to your collective bargaining agreement (CBA), the amount of your Sick Leave payout is determined by taking the maximum $400 payout and subtracting $10 for each hour of California Sick Leave or Industry Sick Leave you used during the year.

In 2016, your Sick Leave benefit was jointly administered by the UEBT and your employer, that is, the new California Sick Leave was initially paid by your employer and then your employer was reimbursed by UEBT.

Because the UEBT relies on your employer for information regarding your use of California Sick Leave, the data on file at the time this Sick Leave payout was processed may not reflect all the sick leave you took in 2016.

Therefore, it is possible that the enclosed check is for an amount that is more than your actual 2016 Sick Leave Payout.

If your employer later reports to UEBT that you need additional hours of California Sick Leave on or before December 31, 2016, and it is determined that you have been overpaid your Sick Leave Payout, the Board of Trustees may seek recoupment of the overpaid amount, pursuant to UEBT procedures.

Question........ I’m curious as to how long this Sick Leave Payout program outlined above has been around?

Does anyone know?
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Sick Leave payout follow up:

Quote:

UFCWTrust Website:
https://www.ufcwtrust.com

Specifically,....

Attention

UEBT Sick Leave Payout Information

You may be eligible for a Sick Leave Payout IF you have the maximum of 360 hours accumulated Sick Leave and were employed as an Active member on December 31st of the calendar year in which the payment is made.

For a list of Sick Leave FAQ’s please click here: SICK Leave FAQ’s.
https://www.ufcwtrust.com/Documents/20170329_Website_SL_Payout_FAQs.pdf

In 2016, your Sick Leave benefit was jointly administered by the UEBT and your employer; that is, the new California Sick Leave was initially paid by your employer and then your employer was reimbursed by UEBT.

Because the UEBT relies on your employer for information regarding your use of California Sick Leave, the data on file at the time this Sick Leave payout check was processed may not reflect all the sick leave you took in in 2016.

If your employer later reports to UEBT that you used additional hours of California Sick Leave on or before December 31, 2016, and it is determined that you have been overpaid your Sick Leave Payout, the Board of Trustees may seek recoupment of the overpaid amount, pursuant to UEBT procedures.

Additionally,.....

Quote:

Q: When was I informed that UEBT Sick Leave and California Sick Leave hours utilize the same bank?

In the Winter 2015 Edition of the For Your Benefit Newsletter Active Members were notified that “The Member will continue to accrue paid sick days monthly as outlined in the SPD, but no more, to include the first twenty-four (24) hours/three (3) days of Sick-Leave/Pay accrued.” Meaning that California Sick Leave hours are not in addition to your current Sick Leave benefit provided by the Fund.

Please Note Correction: “Winter 2016 Edition” For Active Members
https://www.ufcwtrust.com/Newsletters.aspx

Specifically,....Page 4....Changes To Sick Leave Rules

Not knowing what exactly the reference means above re: the new California Sick Leave"......are they referencing the following????

California Paid Sick Leave: Frequently Asked Questions
https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/Paid_Sick_Leave.htm

Once again, does any Active Member know what is taking place here?
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW No. Ca. Food Negs. / Round 2
Page 36 of 36
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Jump to: