Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow CANCER: An Uncensored Journey

CANCER: An Uncensored Journey

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
SharynS
Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Mr. Green

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:41 am

Just received a quite lovely card from Shirl, probably as a result of last Friday's WTF Committee meeting.

It quotes Maya Angelou, as follows:

Quote:
Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it allows one to survive and, better than that, to thrive with passion, compassion, and style.

Just what I've been trying to say here.
Back to top profile :: pm
Bill Sable
Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:45 am

Well, they almost had to carry me out of the store...and then the power went out.

Synchronicity Question

Went into work as scheduled on Sat PM. Found that I could not breathe. Pulled the load from the truck. Sat down and tried to breathe in between pallets. Could not do it. When Steve and I finished, sat down before trying to help break down the pallets. Could not do it.

Finally, it bcame evident even to an idiot like me that this was not going to improve. Punched out and took a cab home. (Left the corned beef, pasta, and salad for the crew.) Still having trouble breathing.

Then, as I heard later, at 3PM the power went out during the storm, for the store and the the whole neighborhood. I know the feeling.

It may be that Sat PM was my last waltz; if so, T.S. Eliot was right..."not with a bang but with a whimper" or some such. Not a ZZ Top exist. Embarassed
SharynS
Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

You're really something else WJ, I wouldn't have left without my share of the pasta. Pockets - work pouch - I'd have managed it whether or not I even wanted it - it's the principle (and it's pasta) Smile

I may be about to stick my foot into my mouth but whatever.

I'm sure you've heard it a thousand times already, people saying "there's nothing I can say or do yadda yadda" but I'm wondering if they say it because there really isn't anything or whether it's just because no-one knows what that 'anything' is for sure.

WJ me thinks you're in a position to possibly knock that old adage out of the water - break it wide open. Is there anything that friends and family could say or do that might make your journey easier?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Hey, Sharyn...thanks for the post. I know where that pasta lives (because I cooked it along with the other stuff). Honestly, wasn't much in the mod for eating at that point - just breathing in and out was sort of a priority. Wink

Everyone, and I do mean everyone (yes, you included, Sharyn) has done an incredible amount to help me along the way. Shirl has been dropping off groceries and prepared food from the night crew nearly every morning. My sister just spent three days down here, observing, settting up the OncDoc appointment for this week, along with lots of little stuff. The store crew has been telephoning, sending cards, picture of my favorite Sheltie, all sorts of stuff.
I can be a little overwhelming sometimes but it all helps.
Actually, I feel a bit better today. Cool

Yeah, I've had a ton of help.
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi Bill,

I don't know if you remember that photo of yourself you sent some of us a few years back, you were in the doctors office pointing at a diagram of a colon hanging on the wall sporting a big smile?

Heather and I just want you to know that we have that photo displayed on our mantel above the wood stove with all of our other family photos.

When friends and family ask who's that in that photo? We respond "that's our brother Bill"!

Bill that photo will remain on our mantel forever, as well as the memories of who you are and what you did for both Heather and I during our short time together on this planet!

Every protest, every picket line, every time we challenge a shitty boss, we will think of you Bill!

Thank you Bill for all the good you have done for the working class. We love you now, we will love you forever!

In Solidarity

Scott & Heather

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Quote:
Good morning all,
The good fight is over...he has sailed in to his perfect sunset...the night crew has gone home...

Friday April 20 9:45pm Mr Bill was released from the struggle of cancer. Although he had used the illness as a tool to encourage others to help themselves, he fraught the good fight and lost. I do trust that he will live on in each of us he touched. Bless you all for your loving support, he was honored and grateful, I was blessed and forever changed by him.

Shirley

Although Bill's Uncensored Journey has come to it's end, he will be remembered by all who had the great pleasure of knowing him and by all that he gave.

WJ has left the building!

Page 19 of 19
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Jump to: