Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow Mondo Condo: Director's Cut

Mondo Condo: Director's Cut

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  next
hawk
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:00 am

What you are missing is that when the government wrote the condo act they expected that the board of directors would obey the act. So there is no penalties for the board to ignore the act unless a judge gets so upset he throws them in jail for contempt. (That does not happen.)

Our condo does not have elections because the board does not want them.

Joe Ieradi and his two cronies have 40+ votes from the commercial units plus he gets the proxies from the absentee landlords and then he uses the condo employees to pressure the remaining owners to give him their proxies. That was for the one and only yearly election we had in the last three years.

Joe and the boys do not care about the city inspectors laying repair orders against the building. He just ignores them. It will take months or years for the city to take him to court.

The newspapers get a large chunk of their remaining advertising dollars from the real estate industry. The advertisers do not want any negative stories that may cut into sales.

A lot of owners are immigrants and first time buyers. They don't know what is going on.
Back to top profile :: pm
wm pasz
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:27 pm

It's a lot like the corruption of unions and other democratic organizations. Self-interested schemers find their way into these executive positions and then find ways to keep themselves there. A lot of what Joe and his pals are doing resembles the UFCW's tactics for keeping its "kings for life" on their thrones. The citizens have no real recourse.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Could this be Joe's opportunity to shine?

Ford team targets green programs for scrutiny
Quote:
The incoming Rob Ford administration is taking a hard look at a range of environmental programs started by Mayor David Miller, including his signature plan to insulate apartment towers.

“This is the first written indication we’ve had that progressive initiatives for a greener city are on the chopping block, or are in peril,” said Councillor Maria Augimeri.

Augimeri said the list of programs being examined surfaced at Friday’s meeting of the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:35 am

Ford will enjoy a brief honeymoon and then we will see how well he can balance all the problems that Toronto has against his tax cut promises.

Everyone should visit Joe's blog. It makes for some strange reading.
hawk
Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 am

Th city licensing and standards branch have issued another order against the Westmount Condominiums.

This one states that the ugly Wynn Fitness signs on top of the building do not meet the new code Chapter 694.

This is very good news for the residential owners. However we will have to see if Joe Ieradi will once again defy the city.
wm pasz
Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Based on his past behaviours, I'll bet he ignores the order. I'm sure the Wynn Fitness guys pay him something to hoist their banners from the top of the building so he'll hold out as long as he can keep earning. What are the city's options in terms of enforcing this order?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:40 am

If I understand it correctly, the most the city will do is pass it on to their legal department and let it sit there for months before they take it to court.

It is a matter of too little resources being pushed by too many demands.

It is a wonder that anyone that has access to money follows any of the city's regulations and codes.

Quote:

Justice is open to everyone in the same way as the
Ritz Hotel.
Judge Sturgess

SharynS
Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Good point hawk, yeah after paying the dogs, which city has enough resources left to bag crime? That changes my guess about how joe will respond to the order.

I thought if any, joe and the gang might comply with the sign order. All the other violations are hidden away - out of sight out of mind. Ignoring the large violating sign on the outside of the mondo condo order would be in the city's face - daily- so to speak. I was guessing that Joe and the gang might not want the added attention.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:15 am

Ah but you miss the reason the signs are there. The sign units generate profits. All the income that comes in is pure profit.

Why would anyone give that up? Who cares what the city thinks or the residents think? Thousands of cars drive by these signs everyday. Think of the profit!

Quote:
The beast for me is greed. Whether you read Dante, Swift, or any of these guys, it always boils down to the same thing: the corruption of the soul.
Ben Nicholson

Note:
This site needs new quotes. I am trying to help provide for that need.
hawk
Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:08 pm

The book "Solidarity For Sale" by Robert Fitch was recommended to me and I bought it just to read one chapter on how union leaders putting pension money into crooked land developing schemes.

However, the chapters on Andy Stern's SEIU was a shocker. The little I read about him in the main stream press was all positive and how he was a modern hero shaking up the low-wage American industries.

I did not realize that the low wage workers did not do well under him.

The UFCW union does not come out looking too good either.

I use Thrift Books to buy the few books I now buy. The prices are great and the service is good. You Americans do even better as you do not pay shipping.

http://www.thriftbooks.com
SharynS
Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:29 pm

UFCW is a mere wannabe compared to SEIU. In my book, Andy (Full of shit) Stern has been and still is public enemy number one. It is astounding how far these types can ride an ill-gotten title, Andy's golden ride carried him into the white house of all places to allow in old fat white guys and their mules. Unless of course it was a slight of money, then that's different.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:26 am

In "Solidarity For Sale" Robert Fitch shatters Andy Stern's image. This book is a must read.

I didn't know Al Capone was a labour organizer. If getting control of unions (using guns and bombs) counts for something, he was one of the great organizers.

I guess that is why this site is called "Uncharted" as no one yet has the one true answer.

Quote:

“A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns.”

Mario Puzo

Last edited by hawk on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
hawk
Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 pm

I am a member of UFCW Local 333 so last week I got a brochure in the mail invited me to apply for a UFCW branded Mastercard credit card

Last edited by hawk on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SharynS
Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks for posting that hawk. I too got the offer. There aren't many who don't understand the pitfalls of debt or how it undermines - and has undermined - negotiating power. And yet here we have good old ufcw promoting more of it. Appalling at best.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the ufcw machine heads, who came up with the scheme to line their own pockets at the expense of hard working people, were to be hung by their balls by fish hooks in a really public square for a couple days minimum. In fact I think it only right.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Months after she quit her minimum wage job at a UFCW supermarket, a young relation of mine received the only piece of mail she ever got from the UFCW. It was an offer for this mastercard. (Yes, she never got a union card, union newsletter, union communication of any kind while a member). She recognized it for what it was. Disgusting. These idiots can't get their members a wage increase above the legislated but they're quite happy to help them get into debt. I like Sharyn's idea. Add a few vultures.

Page 11 of 14
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  next
Jump to: