Home arrow Forums arrow News & Views arrow CCWIPP Trustees' Bahamas Resort Deal in the Toilet

CCWIPP Trustees' Bahamas Resort Deal in the Toilet

wm pasz
Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm

More bad news for the trustees of the troubled Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension plan. Since 2005, when the Financial Services Commission of Ontario started breathing down their necks about a $50 million investment in a mothballed Bahamas resort, the trustees have been working hard to offload the South Ocean Golf and Beach Resort - or at least, trying to make it look that way. Read more.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Wanda, this link, at the bottom is 404:
http://www.m-f-d.org/pdf/2003-09-30_warren-adamson_prk-holdings

Today is the big day right? I trust I can come here to read the breaking news?

Elvis
Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 pm

It's 126 pages. Give her some time. Wink

wm pasz
Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Fixed the link. We'll have the decision and a brief summary posted later today.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Hmmm....months later, CCWIPP's resort deal is still in the shitter, tied up likely for years in legal wrangling among the pension trustees' various investment partners. I guess the proceeds of last year's purported "sale" should be subtracted from the ROI.

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: