Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow Another UFCW Union Election Implosion!

Another UFCW Union Election Implosion!

page: 1, 2  next
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:46 am

@ Team DOL......Northern California

Get ready,........It's my understanding that we "may" have another UFCW Local Union Election implosion from within, here in Northern California!

You ask where?

Quote:

UFCW Local 648
1980 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103-3489
Telephone: 415-861-7840

http://ufcw648.org

After reviewing UFCW Local 648's 2015 LM2 Report, you will note the following:

Quote:

19. What is the date of the labor organization's next regular election of officers? 07/2016

Here is the link for the DOL Website to obtain LM2 Reports.

http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

UFCW Local 648's LM2 File Number is 024-068.

So here's what I've been told as of this evenings post.

UFCW Local 648's first term President, Dan Larson,.....

........held UFCW Local 648's Local Union Election at the Local Union's office (see above address) on Friday, July 29, 2016. It is my understanding that Local 648 only had one location for Local 648's membership to come and vote on a Friday, in downtown San Francisco.

Once again using UFCW Local 648's 2015 LM2 Report, Local 648 reported the following total of members,...

Quote:
20. How many members did the labor organization have at the end of the reporting period? 4,077

Here are the figures presented to me re: the vote tally from Friday, July 29, 2016.

Quote:

Out of the 4,077 members reported from 2015......

Approx. 600 Local 648 Members Voted.

It is my understanding that President Dan Larson was DEFEATED by the following UFCW Local 648 Union Representative, Darryl Roberts by 33 votes!

Now this story gets even better!

Allegedly, from what I've been told, following Darryl Roberts recent victory as the newly elected President at UFCW Local 648, Local 648's President Dan Larson, "allegedly" turned around and fired Darryl Roberts as of July 30, 2016?

Once again, if the above is true,........

Last edited by John Briley on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top profile :: pm
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:07 am

Here's some UFCW Local 648 Union Election history dating back to 2013.

Quote:

Word On The Street--Take 2
http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2132

Why Hasn't an election been called at local 648?
http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2163

Local 648 Calls An Election. User Friendly? Not So Much.

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2170&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=local+648+president+dan+larson&start=0

John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:27 pm

@ UFCW Local 648, UFCW I.U., including Team DOL,.......

John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:01 am

If you have any questions re: any of the above, contact the following UFCW Local 648 Officers!

Quote:

http://ufcw648.org/executive-board/

Local 648 Executive Board:

President – Dan Larson
1980 Mission Street
Telephone: 415-861-7840 ext.1101
dlarson@ufcw648.org

Secretary Treasurer – Milton Hum
1980 Mission Street
Telephone: 415-861-7840 ext.1102
mhum@ufcw648.org

Recorder – Cynthia Salazar
1980 Mission Street
Telephone: 415-861-7840 ext.1106
csalazar@ufcw648.org

Executive Board Vice Presidents:

Vice President #1: Dennis Yuen – Walgreens
Vice President #2: Maria Villasin – Walgreens
Vice President #3: Barry Ng – Lucky
Vice President #4: Michelle Herbert – Safeway
Vice President #5: Michelle Salazar – See’s
Vice President #6: Polina Vasilevskaya – Torgsyn Gifts
Vice President #7: Julissa Hernandez – Organizer
Vice President #8: Darryl Roberts – Union Rep
Vice President #9: Bryant Daniels – Walgreens
Vice President #10: Christian Pradia – Union Rep
Vice President #11: Tim McLaughlin – Union Rep
Vice President #12: Alfonso Lopez – Safeway
Vice President #13: Raymond Szeto – Safeway
Vice President #14: Steven Joe Ng – Mollie Stone’s

John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:55 am

I was just informed that "allegedly" there appears to be one more termination to report as a result of the above mentioned Local 648 Union Election.

Quote:

Vice President #7: Julissa Hernandez – Organizer

It is my understanding that "former" UFCW Local 648 President Dan Larson terminated Ms. Hernandez on July 31, 2016, for "allegedly" supporting "newly elected" Local 648 President Darryl Roberts!
Enforcer
Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:13 pm

@Darryl Roberts - UFCW 648 President Elect;

Congratulations! Now the fun begins. Give me another phone call(and or JB)... I have more playbook actions available for your review.
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Let's check out Darryl Roberts and the list of stores within Local 648's jurisdiction, he was responsible in servicing.

Quote:

http://ufcw648.org/darryl-roberts/

Darryl Roberts

Union Representative
droberts@ufcw648.org
(415) 861-7840

Darryl Roberts is the Union Representative for:

Dianda’s Bakery
Jug Shop
Lucky #756
Mollie Stones
Safeway #785
Safeway #2646
Safeway #3008
Sutter Fine Foods
Torgsyn Gifts
Walgreens #13583
Walgreens # 13666
Walgreens # 13667
Walgreens #15127
Walgreens #2152
Walgreens #2153
Walgreens #2521
Walgreens #2866
Walgreens #3358
Walgreens #3383
Walgreens #3475
Walgreens #3706
Walgreens #3707
Walgreens #3849
Walgreens #4275
Walgreens #5599
Walgreens #5618
Walgreens #5815
Walgreens #6291
Walgreens #887
Walgreens #896

So I've been trying to look at this entire situation trying to determine / understand what has recently happened at UFCW Local 648?

Ok.... So an Officers Election was recently scheduled at UFCW Local 648.

Got it!

Having said that, various individuals had to fulfill some sort of nomination process at Local 648 to get nominated for a specific office etc.

Got it!

It appears that Darryl Roberts fulfilled that obligation, was nominated and subsequently ran for President at UFCW Local 648.

Got it!

During the campaign & leading up to Local 648's election, Darryl Roberts was still employed as a Union Representative at Local 648.

Got it!

Finally Local 648's election arrives and approx. 600 members from Local 648 vote.

After the votes are tallied, Darryl Roberts subsequently DEFEATS incumbent President Dan Larson by 33 votes.

Got it!

Following Mr. Roberts victory,......... President Larson FIRES Darryl Roberts and Vice President #7: Julissa Hernandez – Organizer!

Who authorized that???

Was it the I.U.?

and......

How in the FUCK did that happen and WHY?

Stay tuned for and watch closely for the following,.......

Local 8 will be trying diligently to persuade the I.U. to merge / hand over Local 648 to Local 8.

Will Local 5 "try" to prevent that?.....Maybe... If they can?

Will a new election be "ordered" at Local 648?

Who's the President at Local 648?

@ UFCW I.U. President Marc Perrone,.......

John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Once again, with another pre-meditated....political firing taking place as a result of another Local Union Election, what is the end game for the UFCW I.U. at Local 648?

So many unanswered question remain re: this entire matter!

With respect to Darryl Roberts and Julissa Hernandez, are they covered under a F.A.I.R. Contract at Local 648?
http://www.yourfairunion.org/index.php

If so, has F.A.I.R. filed the necessary grievances?

If not, why not?

As I recall, F.A.I.R. was AWOL when it came time to defend Roger Rivera over at Local 5 when "former" Local 5 President Lind, including the UFCW I.U. were both involved in the pre-meditated....political firing of Roger Rivera!

F.A.I.R. threw Roger Rivera under the bus and refused to help him!

Maybe,..... that is why the Union Reps over at Local 5 "allegedly" decerted F.A.I.R. over the past several months?

@ Darryl and Julissa,..... based on how the UFCW I.U., including the DOL have a history / tendency to "make deals" with each other, I would suggest that both of you try and get employment within the Industry ASAP!

Keeping in mind that the key word(s) here are maintaining your eligibility as outlined in the UFCW I.U. International Constitution. The UFCW I.U., including the DOL will SCREW you without it!

Quote:

UFCW I.U. Constitution

Excerpt(s):

ARTICLE 6

Withdrawal and Military Leave Status (page 3)

(D) Any person in withdrawal status and making application for membership in a Local Union shall be accepted as a reinstated member without the payment of a fee, except the current dues, provided such reinstatement with the Local Union within whose jurisdiction such person is employed occurs within 30 days from the date of employment within a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Union or such Local Union, or within 30 days from the date of employment by the International Union or any of its chartered bodies, unless a longer period of time is duly established by such Local Union.

Any person who is employed within a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Union or any of its chartered bodies and fails to reinstate as prescribed in this paragraph shall have his or her withdrawal status voided and shall not be reinstated to membership without the payment of the applicable fee.

ARTICLE 35

Local Union Elections (page 26)

(A) An active member in the Local Union, who has been an active member in the Local Union, or who had been a member of another organization merged with the Local Union, for a continuous aggregate of at least 12 months immediately preceding the month in which nominations are held, or an active member in the Local Union who has been an active member in the International Union continuously for at least 24 months immediately preceding the month in which nominations are held, shall be eligible to hold any Local Union office, provided that said member maintains continuous active membership in the Local Union.

Enforcer,..... and you say what?
John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 pm

With today being Friday, August 5, 2016 and one (1) week since the implosion at Local 648, does anyone have any updates as to what is going on from within UFCW Local 648?

Has former Local 648 President Dan Larson and or the UFCW I.U., provided any written communication to the members at Local 648 explaining to them what is going on?
John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Quote:

@ Darryl and Julissa,..... based on how the UFCW I.U., including the DOL have a history / tendency to "make deals" with each other, I would suggest that both of you try and get employment within the Industry ASAP!

Keeping in mind that the key word(s) here are maintaining your eligibility as outlined in the UFCW I.U. International Constitution. The UFCW I.U., including the DOL will SCREW you without it!

@ UFCW Local 5 President John Nunes,........... here's a perfect opportunity for you to make a huge political statement to multiple individuals within the UFCW!

If you haven't already done so, you need to hire Darryl Roberts and Julissa Hernandez immediately at UFCW Local 5!

@ Local 5 President John Nunes, and you say what????
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Quote:

UFCW Local 648:

Making Members First

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MAKINGMEMBERSFIRST/

@ Making Members First,..... suggestion......

How about updating everyone with the rest of the story, as it pertains to the recent Local 648 Union Election?

Thank You
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:44 pm

@ Darryl Roberts - UFCW 648 President Elect.........

We are approaching three (3) months (approx) since Local 648's most recent Union Officer's Election, what's going on?

You've got my #.

Thanks
John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:40 pm

Oh hell yeah,.....I do smell a rat over at Local 648 with respect to their most recent announcement!

Check it out.... (Here are excerpts from a recent Local 648 notice I recently received)

Quote:

Notice of Re-Run Election

For UFCW, Local 648 Offices of

President and Vice President 14

Friday, November 04, 2016

7:00 AM to 7:00 PM

Mailed 10-19-16

Once again it is important to note,......

That "first term" President Dan Larson, was DEFEATED by the following UFCW Local 648 Union Representative, Darryl Roberts.

and........

Then following Darryl Roberts recent victory as the newly elected President at UFCW Local 648, Local 648's President Dan Larson, "allegedly," turned around and fired Darryl Roberts as of July 30, 2016?

Here are the final results for the first election are as follows:

Quote:

The office of President:

Darryl Roberts - 308

Dan Larson - 275

The Office of Vice President #14 were as follows:

Miguel A. Garcia - 228

Nonna Villasin - 223

Interestingly enough, following the Election, the Incumbent and "first term" President Dan Larson, filed a timely objection with Local 648's Election Committee, alleging twenty-one Election violations and requesting a new election.

The election committee met on September 25, 2016 to consider a decision on the Election objections and issued its decision on September 30, 2016, upholding Dan Larson's challenge, setting aside the results of Local 648's Election of officers and upholding his challenge.

Quote:

The investigation revealed Union and employer resources were used to support the candidacy of Darryl Robertson the "Members First Slate" in violation of Article 35(C) 17 of the UFCW International Constitution and Local 648 Bylaws.

Specifically allegations related to improper posting of campaign literature on employer bulletin boards and Union bulletin boards in 20 Locations and Roberts use of union sick leave paid from the Union General Fund during the entire campaign period from July 11, 2016 to July 29, 2016 have merit, as well as numerous other violations upheld by the Election Committee.

UFCW Local 648's Polling Place is open Friday, November 04, 2016 from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM:

Quote:

Date: November 04, 2016

Time: 7:00 AM to 7:00 Pm

Place: 1980 Mission Street

San Francisco, Ca. 94103

Local 648 Union Hall, (Upstairs)

I say again,.......

@ UFCW Local 648, including this very suspicious decision for a "Do Over" / "Re-Run" Election !
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:33 pm

President Elect Darryl Roberts Facebook update October 17, 2016:

Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/MAKINGMEMBERSFIRST/

Members FIRST

October 17 at 12:15am ·

35 years as a UFCW member. This is just about a lifetime for me.

When I think about the word Union, I think about justice, equality, job security, and career advancement.

Unfortunately, this has not been my experience for the past three months, I stood up for something I truly believe in and this is enhancing the quality of lives for UFCW Local 648 members.

Because I stood up, I loss my job and my medical benefits for my family and myself.

But I will continue to fight for what's right.

Please continue to keep me and my family in your thoughts.

Also please help support me in this Election Process #Membersfirst#

John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:02 pm

@ UFCW I.U. President Marc Perrone,.......

With respect to the most recent Notice of a Re-Run Election that was mailed out to UFCW Local 648 Members dated October 19, 2016,........

Quote:

Notice of Re-Run Election

For UFCW, Local 648 Offices of

President and Vice President 14

Friday, November 04, 2016

7:00 AM to 7:00 PM

(Mailed 10-19-16)

Date: November 04, 2016

Time: 7:00 AM to 7:00 Pm

Place: 1980 Mission Street

San Francisco, Ca. 94103

Local 648 Union Hall, (Upstairs)

How about clarifying something for all of us?

Specifically, it is my understanding that Darryl Roberts was terminated from his employment with UFCW Local 648 following his election victory over "former President Dan Larson in Local 648's "first" election held on July 29, 2016.

As Local 648 gears up for their second Union Election scheduled for November 4, 2016, it is also my understanding that Darryl Roberts employment status with UFCW Local 648 remains unchanged.

Darryl Roberts is still terminated!

@ President Perrone,....

How is it that the UFCW I.U. is preceding with the second Election at Local 648 when Darryl Roberts is still terminated?

Assuming for a moment that Darryl Roberts once again defeats Dan Larson in election #2 at Local 648 on November 4, 2016.

What will be the I.U.'s position regarding the 2nd election results?

Will the I.U. then take the position that Darryl Roberts is / was ineligible and therefore not eligible to be President?

If so, then what will happen?

Additionally, it was absolutely chicken shit to poison the well with the most recent letter sent out / paid for by Local 648 members dues to attempt to bash / discredit Darryl Roberts with the following Bull Shit!

Quote:

The investigation revealed Union and employer resources were used to support the candidacy of Darryl Robertson the "Members First Slate" in violation of Article 35(C) 17 of the UFCW International Constitution and Local 648 Bylaws.

Specifically allegations related to improper posting of campaign literature on employer bulletin boards and Union bulletin boards in 20 Locations and Roberts use of union sick leave paid from the Union General Fund during the entire campaign period from July 11, 2016 to July 29, 2016 have merit, as well as numerous other violations upheld by the Election Committee.

I say again,......

Hell Yeah,.....I smell a rat over at Local 648 with respect to the I.U.'s attempt to STEAL this election victory from Darryl Roberts!

@ Team DOL Northern California,..... and you say what??????
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow Another UFCW Union Election Implosion!
Page 1 of 2
page: 1, 2  next
Jump to: