Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW 770 Officers Election

UFCW 770 Officers Election

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  next
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Quote:

Objections to the 2015 UFCW Local 770 Officers Election!

Legal Disclaimer:

All individuals, company's, and organizations listed in the twenty-three (23) pages, containing the two hundred-three (203) objections, are innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/ufcw770_203_charges.pdf

As we wait for the DOL's next move, it is my understanding that during the DOL's investigation into the 203 charges mentioned above, there was a revelation that "allegedly" UFCW Local 770 had "multiple",......

........Agreements with UFCW Local 8, 770 & 1036 re: their Merger!

If found to be true, you have to ask yourself, WHY?

To that point, it is also my understanding that "allegedly" a "different / another" Merger Agreement document(s) were handed off to the DOL during their investigation!

Also during the "alleged" handoff of the "other" Merger Agreement document(s) to the DOL, it is also "alleged" that said Local Union Leaders requested,....

......In exchange for providing said documents to the DOL?

Assuming of course that any of the above is proven to be true, clearly the DOL / UFCW I.U., including all of the affected Local Union Leaders who "may" be involved, will undoubtedly have a lot of "spinning / explaining" to do with their respective memberships!

@ Enforcer,...... and you say what?
Back to top profile :: pm
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Quote:

It's official, we have our "first" DOL / UFCW Local 770 Extension Letter dated March 21, 2016 for your information and review.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/20160325_dol_extension1.pdf

Expiration Date - May 23, 2016

@ Team DOL,........i.e., Pearl Moenahele, Ed Oquendo, & Jack De La Torre, et. al.,(L.A. DOL Office), including Team DOL (D.C. Office) ,..........

With today being Tuesday, May 24, 2016 and still no updates from within your respective offices,.........

Begs the question..........

John Briley
Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Seriously,....right about now I would say that there are certain individuals within Local 770, including the UFCW I.U., that must be thinking about the following each and every day!

@ Team Gilligan (a.k.a. Team Icaza), including Team Perrone,....

Just wondering,.....

@ Team DOL (L.A. & D.C. Office's), how about a status update re: your investigation. We are now at 2 days and counting since the May 23, 2016 extension expired! As we all know, within the 203 charges is enough ammunition to take out several Local Union Leaders, including individuals within the I.U.

@ Enforcer, in the event we do not hear from the DOL very soon, how about giving me a call with the DOL's contact information and I'll take it from there!

Thank You.
John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:47 pm

UFCW Local 770's 2016 Election Edition:

http://www.ufcw770.org

I just ran across UFCW Local 770's 2016 Election Edition and couldn't help noticing that President Icaza et. al., had so much to say about the upcoming election and yet,..... didn't have the courage to mention anything about "his own" Contested Local Union Election at UFCW Local 770.

Amazing that with,.......

Team DOL,........i.e., Pearl Moenahele, Ed Oquendo, & Jack De La Torre, et. al.,(L.A. DOL Office), including Team DOL (D.C. Office) ,..........

Conducting an extensive investigation at Local 770 over the past several months, regarding the following,.....

Legal Disclaimer:

All individuals, company's, and organizations listed in the twenty-three (23) pages, containing the two hundred-three (203) objections, are innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law.

Very interesting to say the least and if I'm not mistaking, Local 770 as of today's date, still refuses to provide Local 770 Member's with any information / updates re: any of the above!

I wonder why that is?
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Quote:

It's official, we have our "first" DOL / UFCW Local 770 Extension Letter dated March 21, 2016 for your information and review.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/20160325_dol_extension1.pdf

Expiration Date - May 23, 2016

With today being Sunday, June 5, 2016, clearly May 23, 2016 has passed us by. I'm getting concerned that the another extension hasn't surfaced yet from the DOL! What's up with that Team DOL?

Got to wonder "if",.........

Team DOL

and......

Team Perrone

.......back in Washington D.C., are right in the middle of,....

Now the question remains as to how many more,.......

......passes will Team DOL issue to "certain" individuals involved with this investigation?

Again I say to Team DOL, as we all know, within the 203 charges there is more than enough ammunition to take out several Local Union / I.U. Leaders and "ordering" a new election at Local 770 that "must" include, placing President Icaza's opponent on the ballot!

@ Team DOL,.....

John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:06 pm

@ Team DOL,........i.e., Pearl Moenahele, Ed Oquendo, & Jack De La Torre, et. al (L.A. DOL Office), including Team DOL et. al., (D.C. Office) ,..........

Now that you've consumated your Deal with the UFCW I.U., when do you plan on having the "professional courtesy / courage" to provide your "detailed investigation / final decision" with the members at UFCW Local 770?

As a "ongoing reminder", we do expect multiple individuals within UFCW Local 770, including the UFCW I.U., will be needing to,..........

John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:20 am

@ Enforcer,......

In preparation for the,......

and........

As a result of the following, We need to meet ASAP because I've got something for you from some of our friends here in Northern California!

Let me know when you are available in the 805 for another strategy / planning session!

@ Team DOL, Team Perrone, including Team Icaza,..........

John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Quote:
@ Team DOL,........i.e., Pearl Moenahele, Ed Oquendo, & Jack De La Torre, et. al (L.A. DOL Office), including Team DOL et. al., (D.C. Office) ,..........

Now that you've consumated your Deal with the UFCW I.U., when do you plan on having the "professional courtesy / courage" to provide your "detailed investigation / final decision" with the members at UFCW Local 770?

@ Enforcer,.....

Apparently Team DOL is following President Perrone's 10 + months timeframe to make a decision!

It has now become quite apparent that "Team DOL" will be needing the following ASAP,..........

..........to assist them in finalizing their decision!

How about sending them a copy????

BTW.......

@ Team Icaza and Team Perrone, once again "for the record"......

@ Enforcer,....

We need to meet in the 805! I've got something for you.
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:45 pm

@ Team DOL,........i.e., Pearl Moenahele, Ed Oquendo, & Jack De La Torre, et. al.,(L.A. DOL Office), including Team DOL (D.C. Office), including Team DOL (S.F. Office),......

John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:24 am

Quote:

@ President Ricardo Icaza,...... you are right about one thing!

"For all intents and purposes, it's over!"............

It's time for you to RETIRE!

and.......

Take these guys with you!

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?p=29054&highlight=#29054

John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:39 pm

While we wait and wait and wait....... for the official decision from the Department of Labor (DOL) regarding the following,.......

Quote:

Legal Disclaimer:

It is important to note that Team Icaza,....a.k.a. Team Gilligan,.....

........are fully aware of the fact that in just a few months UFCW Local 770 will be gearing up and getting prepared to conduct another Local Union Election!

Here's the UFCW Local 770's last notification / announcement of the results of their last Local Union Election of Officers.

Quote:

http://www.ufcw770.org/sites/default/files/images/Voice-March-2015.pdf

Official Results of Local 770 of Nomination of Officers of UFCW Local 770

President Ricardo F. Icaza, Secretary-Treasurer John Grant, Recorder Martel Fraser and 30 Executive Board members were elected by acclamation to a new three-year term as Officers of UFCW Local 770.

The new term is July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018.

The deadline for nomination petitions to be submitted to the Election Chair was Friday, February 6, 2015, at 5 p.m. Since no other nomination petitions were received by the deadline, no further election procedures were necessary.

BTW..... before Local 770's next election of officers takes place, let's discuss what needs to take place regarding the following.

Quote:

Based on numerous "allegations" contained within said 203 Charges, clearly said charges, are presenting serious problems for our UFCW I.U. Leadership!

Such as, but not limited to, the outrageous revelation that "allegedly" UFCW Local 770 has multiple sets of,....

to be continued,.........
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Clearly from where I'm sitting UFCW Local 770, including our I.U. and the DOL, continue to have a serious problem surrounding UFCW Local 770's multiple Bylaw allegation!

Until such time as this issue gets resolved, (i.e. Local 770's members must be afforded the opportunity to VOTE on a updated and "complete" set of NEW BYLAWS, signed and approved by the UFCW I.U.), we can only prepare for Local 770's upcoming Election of Officers from what has already been provided to us from Local 770's website.

Specifically, UFCW Local 770 informed their membership of the following:

Quote:

President Ricardo F. Icaza, Secretary-Treasurer John Grant, Recorder Martel Fraser and 30 Executive Board members were elected by acclamation to a new three-year term as Officers of UFCW Local 770.

The new term is July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018.

Additionally, in December of 2014 here's Local 770's, most recent and last, Official Notice Of Nomination Of Officers Of UFCW Local 770.

Quote:

http://ufcw770.org/sites/default/files/images/Volume_67_Issue_4.pdf

Lisa Lee - Election General Chairperson

The offices of President, Secretary- Treasurer, Recorder and Vice Presidents 1 through 30, inclusive are open for nomination for election to three year terms of office. Lisa Lee has been appointed as Election Chairperson.

Her contact information appears at the end of this notice. Nominations will be conducted by nomination petitions only.

This shall serve as official notice to the active membership of UFCW Local 770 that original nomination petitions for any of the above offices must be RECEIVED in person, by U.S. mail or other carrier no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2015, to the attention of Lisa Lee, Election General Chairperson at the following UFCW Local 770 Offices:

Los Angeles
630 Shatto Place
Los Angeles, CA 90005

Santa Barbara
4213 State Street, Suite 201 Santa Barbara, CA 93110

Bakersfield
5000 California Ave., Suite #211 Bakersfield, CA 93309

Camarillo
816 Camarillo Springs Rd., Suite H Camarillo, CA 93012

Arroyo Grande
127 Bridge St.
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Harbor City
25949 Belle Porte Ave Harbor City, CA 90710

Newhall
23030 Lyons Avenue Newhall, CA. 91321-2720

No other form of delivery such as email or facsimile will be accepted. Each petition must contain the name or names of the active member or members being nominated, the specific office or offices for which that member or members are being nominated, and valid, verifiable original signatures. (Any petition may nominate more than one (1) member for office, provided that each member is being nominated for a different office and that the office for which each member is being nominated is specifically indicated).

No less than 610 active members in support of the nominations are required.

The nominating petition must contain information sufficient to permit the general chairperson to verify the identity of the signatories.

For that purpose, in addition to their signature, each member must print their full name, their employer, the last four numbers of their Social Security and their store number. This information will assist in verification.

Petitions can be obtained from Lisa Lee, Election General Chairperson, UFCW Local 770, 630 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90005, (213) 487-7070, ext. 7118.

Relevant provisions governing nominations and elections are set forth in the following Articles of UFCW Local 770 Bylaws:

ARTICLE XII Nominations, Elections and Vacancies

Section 1. All officers shall be members of the Executive Board and shall be elected by secret ballot and their term of office shall be for three (3) years. Terms of office shall expire on June 30 and the terms of newly elected officers shall commence on July 1.

Section 2. Nominations and elections shall be conducted during the last six months preceding the expiration of the term of office. Date(s), time(s), place(s), manner and procedures for the nominations and election shall be established by the general chairperson of the election.

Nominations shall be conducted by petition. Nomination of a member to a specific office shall require the signatures of at least two percent (2%) of the average monthly active membership of the Local Union, based on the number of active members on which the Local Union pays per capita tax to the International Union, for the twelve-month period ending with the next to the last month prior to the month in which the notice of nominations is mailed to the membership.

Each petition shall indicate the member who is being nominated and the specific office for which he or she is being nominated.

If a member is being nominated for a Vice President position, the petition shall specify the numerically designated Vice President position for which he or she is being nominated.

Any petition may nominate more than one (1) member for office, provided that each member is being nominated for a different office and that the office for which each member is being nominated is specifically indicated.

Each petition shall contain the signature, printed name, and other identifying information, as determined by the general chairperson of the election, of each member signing the petition.

Petitions shall be filed at the Local Union office by mail or in person. The original signatures are required to be filed, and transmission by facsimile, computer, or other form of electronic transmission shall not be valid.

If a signature on any petition is not accompanied by a printed name or the other identifying information required by the general chairperson, but the identity of the member can be determined from the signature, the signature shall be deemed valid and shall be counted.

Not less than thirty (30) days prior to the deadline for the receipt of nomination petitions, notice shall be mailed by the Local Union to each member at the member’s last known home address, setting forth the manner for conducting the nominations, the actual number of signatures required for nomination petitions, the deadline for the receipt of petitions, and all other relevant requirements for the filing of petitions, including what each petition is required to contain.

Notice of nominations and elections may be combined into a single notice, which shall be mailed in accordance with the time requirements of this paragraph.

Not less than fifteen (15) days prior to the election, notice shall be mailed to each member at his or her last known home address, setting forth the times, dates, and places for conducting the elections.

Only active members shall be entitled to vote.

Section 3. An active member in the Local Union, who has been an active member in the Local Union, or who had been a member of another organization merged with the Local Union, for a continuous aggregate of at least twelve (12) months immediately preceding the month in which the deadline for the receipt of nomination petitions occurs, or an active member in the Local Union who has been an active member in the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union continuously for at least twenty-four (24) months immediately preceding the month in which the deadline for the receipt of nomination petitions occurs, shall be eligible to hold any Local Union office for which properly nominated.

All questions concerning the nomination process must be directed to Lisa Lee, Election General Chairperson, UFCW Local 770, 630 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90005, (213) 487-7070, ext. 7118.

BTW,....let's not forget about UFCW Local 770's 2015 LM2 Report wherein they also notify the DOL,. et. al., of the following.

Quote:

UFCW Local 770's LM2 File # 517-385

http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

Excerpt:

19. What is the date of the labor organization's next regular election of officers? 02/2018

Now we continue to wait and wait and wait..........

John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:52 pm

I recently ran across the following article from the LA times dated January 26, 2004, that I was totally unaware of. Based on the article's content, I felt compelled to share.

UFCW Local 324 President / I.U. V.P. Greg Conger

and

UFCW Local 770 President / I.U. V.P. Ricardo Icaza
Quote:

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jan/26/business/fi-golden26

Grocery Workers' Leader Paid Like a Corporate Boss

Michael Hiltzik GOLDEN STATE

January 26, 2004 | Michael Hiltzik

In the same way that many people eventually come to resemble their dogs, adversaries in a long-running battle often assume elements of each other's personalities.

That might explain how the leaders of the supermarket workers' union have come to acquire one of the less savory characteristics of their corporate opponents in the current contract dispute -- to wit, their penchant for being scandalously overpaid.

This issue arises via the federal disclosure forms filed in Washington by locals of the United Food and Commercial Workers union, which currently have 70,000 members striking or locked out at three major Southland grocery chains. Some of the union's top regional officials, whose strategic blunders have contributed to this costly, 15-week stalemate, are among the best-paid labor leaders in the state -- nay, in the country.

Take Rick Icaza, the head of Los Angeles-based Local 770, which has 30,000 members. Icaza earned $273,404 in 2002, the latest period for which the figure is available. That was nearly a 10% raise over the prior year.

Icaza, 69, out-earned even John Sweeney, the national president of the AFL-CIO, the nation's largest labor organization. Sweeney earned a salary of $247,500 that year. Richard Trumka, the AFL-CIO official who has just been assigned to craft a nationwide campaign to try to save the grocery workers, should probably ask Icaza to pick up the tab if they dine out together. Icaza out-earned Trumka in 2002 by a comfortable margin of $56,000.

The phenomenon of overripe compensation at the UFCW starts with International President Douglas Dority, whose $329,792 made him the best-paid president among the AFL-CIO's 64 member unions in 2002. That's the case even though the UFCW is only the fifth-biggest union in the AFL-CIO and its members, whose dues provide the funds for its lavish payroll, are generally part-time hourly workers in a low-paying industry.

The UFCW bureaucracy is so well-treated that Icaza, the top-earning local president among the seven Southland leaders involved in the supermarket dispute, collected a better salary in 2002 than did the international presidents of the United Auto Workers, United Steelworkers, Communications Workers of America and Teamsters unions.

When I queried UFCW officials last week about whether their leadership salaries weren't a bit out of line, they retorted by asking if I was aware how much money Safeway Inc. paid to its chairman, Steven A. Burd, who is their most truculent opponent.

Funny, but I would have thought that union leaders' modeling their lifestyles after that of corporate bosses went out with Johnny Friendly's demise at the end of "On the Waterfront." In any case, nobody in his or her right mind would consider Burd to be a paragon of sage and thrifty management, given that his bungling of several ill-considered acquisitions in recent years has cost his company well more than $1 billion.

Still, it's only fair to point out that Burd pocketed $1.26 million in salary and bonus in 2002 (a 41% cut from the previous year). It's also fair to observe that earlier this month Safeway announced millions of dollars in stock bonuses to Burd's 11 top lieutenants, and that Burd raked in millions more from his sale of Safeway shares.

Icaza and Greg Conger, the UFCW's Orange County local president (who says he is earning about $200,000), say they and their leadership staffs have taken salary reductions of about 20% since the start of the labor dispute, and are planning to move to 50% cuts shortly. "It's even conceivable that we'll take ourselves off the payroll eventually and work on a volunteer basis," Icaza says.

Meanwhile, he maintains that his pay is justified by the success the union has had in the past. "We've had probably the most effective agreements over the years," he told me. "That's probably why we've had these salaries." (Of the six other UFCW locals involved in the dispute, none has a president earning less than $95,000.)

Yet other regional labor leaders with notable recent victories under their belts aren't compensated nearly as well. International Longshore and Warehouse Union President James Spinosa, who fought off the port industry's attempt to break his 10,500-member union during a lockout in 2002 -- while preserving free health insurance and obtaining improved pension benefits -- earned a salary of $93,000 that year. (Like many other labor leaders, the ILWU's patriarch, the late Harry

Bridges, believed that the union brass should never earn more than the average member, a principle that apparently failed to penetrate the UFCW.)

Another example is Mike Garcia, head of L.A.-based Local 1877 of the Service Employees International Union. He led the landmark Justice for Janitors campaign in 2000, which featured a strike, vigils and public rallies. In the end, the SEIU won huge gains for thousands of commercial building workers downtown. Garcia's pay: $68,438.

Notably, the janitors' campaign bore several features missing from the supermarket dispute.

For the record, let's not forget about another La Times article dated February 16, 2004, re: UFCW Local 770 / I.U. V.P. President Ricardo Icaza!

Quote:

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/feb/16/business/fi-icaza16

THE SUPERMARKET STRIKE

'There Are Nights When I Don't Go to Sleep'

The UFCW's Rick Icaza didn't expect such a painful dispute when he set out to broker a deal.

February 16, 2004 |James F. Peltz | Times Staff Writer

Excerpt:

"At 70, a multimillionaire from decades of investing in Southern California real estate, he could've retired years ago in comfort".

SCANDALOUSLY.........

John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Quote:

WHEREAS, UFCW Local 770 and its affiliate organizations, has a proud history of fighting for workers’ rights, fair wages, economic justice, gender equality, immigration reform, civil rights and of joining in solidarity with those committed to principles embedded in the United States history of liberty and justice for those here and abroad;

The above represents an excerpt from the following UFCW Local 770 website posting dated November 17, 2016.

Quote:

http://www.ufcw770.org/news/resolution-renewed-commitment-promote-and-defend-democratic-ideals-and-theeconomic-security

November 17, 2016 - UFCW Local 770 Resolution

RESOLUTION FOR A RENEWED COMMITMENT TO PROMOTE AND DEFEND DEMOCRATIC IDEALS, AND THE ECONOMIC SECURITY OF LOCAL 770 MEMBERS, AND THEIR FAMILIES AND OF WORKERS GENERALLY

WHEREAS, UFCW Local 770 and its affiliate organizations, has a proud history of fighting for workers’ rights, fair wages, economic justice, gender equality, immigration reform, civil rights and of joining in solidarity with those committed to principles embedded in the United States history of liberty and justice for those here and abroad;

WHEREAS, President Elect Trump has instilled a fear in our sisters and brothers and even in our children that their liberties and their families are at risk;

WHEREAS, we cannot allow President Elect Trump’s message and actions or those of his supporters to become the new normal, and indeed we must honor our democracy and our humanity;

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT:

We stand together as a Union in solidarity with our sister unions, community organizations, and all people of good will to ensure our nation is dedicated to combating fear from repression.

We are ready to protect our members and all people from discrimination, harassment, mistreatment, or fear of violence because of their race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, or ethnic background;

We join together as a Union to continue fighting for the socioeconomic and political empowerment of our members and workers at large through ongoing organizing efforts.

We pledge to boldly defend all of our workers and to stand fast against any efforts by Wall Street and Private equity enterprises to undermine our members’ jobs and economic security.

We will seek to ensure that all workplaces are sanctuaries from harassment, discrimination and deportation for those represented and those yet to be organized.

We will strive to make all workplaces free of sexual harassment and assault of all kinds, and that necessary protections are in place to swiftly deal with such conduct when it does occur.

We will protect our members’ and their families’ right to enjoy their communities, including the right to travel free of harassment and with access to green space for recreation and good health.

We come together to ensure that our members and those in the community continue to have retirement security, quality health care and access to healthy foods, grown, sold and serviced by workers earning fair wages with quality working conditions.

We come together to renew our dedication to democratic institutions and principles our Country was founded on, including checks and balances through the courts free of a right wing political agenda.

We commit to take all actions necessary to fully support this resolution and put the full strength of the Union behind these endeavors.

@ Team Icaza, a.k.a Team Gilligan,......

Before we get all wrapped up in your above mentioned sanctimonious bull shit, how about taking the first step by providing updated / signed Bylaws so that Local 770 Members may have the opportunity to finally VOTE on a finalized version of Local 770 Bylaws!

@ Team DOL,.....

As we all are fully aware of, it’s way past the time for Local 770 to finally correct the entire Bylaw debacle at Local 770!

Either direct / order UFCW Local 770 to vote on a current / updated “signed” version of their Bylaws immediately, or, close down your DOL offices!

You obviously don’t give a SHIT about JUSTICE at UFCW Local 770!

John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Dear Santa,......

With UFCW Local 770’s next Local Union Election just around the corner, including the fact that we are still waiting for a decision re: Objections to the 2015 UFCW Local 770’s Officers Election......

and with,

Would you be so kind as to light a fire under Team DOL,.....

So we can finally receive their decision regarding,.....

Quote:

Legal Disclaimer:

Thank You Santa....
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW 770 Officers Election
Page 20 of 21
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  next
Jump to: