Enforcer
Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 am

Quote:

Let’s add a New Estimated Savings for September 2014:

September: 2014: $91,434

Estimated Total Savings so far: $1,097,208.00

Quote:

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/ufcw770_dues_note.pdf

The delegates to the UFCW International Convention voted to authorize a dues increase of $3 per month effective. October 1, 2013. President Icaza has determined… Therefore he has decided NOT to implement this dues increase for members in your classification at this time.

Mailers are very effective, right Shaun Barclay?

I'll give you time to answer that one, because your going to be very busy soon...

Back to top profile :: pm
Enforcer
Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:58 am

Quote:

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2352

Tenemos una grande sorpresa para ti, 770.

(We have a big surprise for you, 770)

Our apologies, 770, we will get to your big surprise very soon.
John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:08 pm

It was just a matter of time!

Looks like in an effort to counteract the alleged solicitation of campaign contributions / donations being required from Local 770's Union Reps, including "other" UFCW buddies, for funding Team Icaza's Local Union Election in a couple of months, check out this newly established website.

http://www.gofundme.com/elocso
Enforcer
Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:09 am

Quote:

Let’s add a New Estimated Savings for October 2014:

October 2014: $91,434

Estimated Total Savings so far: $1,188,642

Enforcer
Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:37 pm

UFCW 770 Southern California News Alert:

A Member of UFCW 770 has written President Icaza and put in writing his intent to run as a candidate in the upcoming UFCW 770 Officers Election. The same member has also requested that campaign mailings be sent on his behalf.

In response, UFCW 770's Attorney acknowledged the letter on behalf of President Icaza and Approved the Campaign Mailings!

We have a UFCW 770 Officers Election coming soon to Southern California!

Once we receive a copy of the letters we will upload them for viewing. Thank you.
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:37 pm

@ Enforcer.....

As per your request, I found a "possible" RV Rental Company in Southern California for "Team No. Ca." to utilize during UFCW 770's upcoming Officer's Election.

http://www.expeditionmotorhomes.com

After your review, please give me a call to discuss.

BTW.... please send me the LA County information we discussed this AM.

Thanks

JB
Enforcer
Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:02 pm

John Briley wrote:
@ Enforcer.....

As per your request, I found a "possible" RV Rental Company in Southern California for "Team No. Ca." to utilize during UFCW 770's upcoming Officer's Election.

http://www.expeditionmotorhomes.com

After your review, please give me a call to discuss.

BTW.... please send me the LA County information we discussed this AM.

Thanks

JB

Perfect. We went to the Rental Agency and got price quotes and asked questions.

I'm still researching for some RV rentals in Santa Barbara County for the other group. Do these work for part of the Northern California Team for Ventura County? Call me so we can discuss it more. Please remember the rental agency is at the border of Los Angeles and Ventura County...

John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:16 am

@ Enforcer...

Outstanding... Looks like this RV location will be able to take care of our needs.

Quote:

Free WiFi Available With All RVs!

Portable hotspots are now available with all RV Rentals! Just say “Wi-Fi me!” and we’ll get you connected so you can be online anytime you are in a Sprint coverage area.

Whether you want to stay in touch with loved ones, keep yourself entertained or look up important directions during long rides, our free WiFi will make your trip far more convenient.

Expedition Motor Homes & 1st Choice RV are the only RV rental dealers west of the Mississipi helping you stay connected while on the road! Want to hear more about exclusive features that no one else offers? Contact us today.

With WiFi available, an added plus we can really use.

We might want to touch base with our "Tech Support" to make sure we've covered all bases. I'll leave that up to you to complete. BTW... Please check up on the verizon vs. sprint questions we talked about with TS.

I'll follow up with the fax machines and printers info and get back to you.

Keep in touch.
Enforcer
Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:47 pm

UFCW 770 Lately:

Potential decertification at Kaiser (blame Shaun Barclay), Financial requests, high attorney billable hours billed, per capita dues increase still on hold, officers election approaching, letter of intent of the opposition in place, the International put on notice, campaign mailings already started, the DOL watching in on the upcoming election, Northern California group gearing up for the 770 election, 770 members receiving or hearing in the stores and facilities about the $100,000 unlawful actions of Shaun Barclay - for part of 770 is the former 1036, the IRS allegedly receiving a formal written complaint regarding Paul Edwards at UFCW 770, the DOL receiving another complaint regarding UFCW 770 as an organization,....

Rick Icaza: You have issues...

now...

Lisa Lee: Where were we...?

Enforcer
Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Ed Oquendo, DOL - Office of Labor Management Standards, Los Angeles:

We got a new case for your office and you may need to bring AJ out of retirement for this one! The I.R.S. has also received a communication regarding the matter.

The documentation is on its way, and the best part about it – The devils themselves provided the evidence.

Laurence D. Steinsapir: Legal Counsel for UFCW 770

Here comes the billable hours you been wanting. Start the timers!
Quote:
Documentation was first requested: Sun, Oct 12, 2014
Quote:
to: *
date: Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Hi *,

Your request is currently under review. You will be contacted soon with a response.

Thank you.

Paul Edwards, Field Director/VP
UFCW Local 770
(213) 201-7119
Quote:
October 23rd 2014

Re: Your Request...

Dear,

Local 770 has asked me to respond to your request for Local 770 ******* for the last three (3) years. You requested to be first advised of the charge of the production of the documents. You will be charged the cost of copying at $26.75 (107 total pages at $.25 per page). If you still want the document, please advice me and also let me know the mailing address where we should send the documents.

Sincerely,

Michael D. Four

(Legal Counsel for UFCW 770)
Now fast forward...
Quote:
date: Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Dear *****,

Attached you will find the certified mail receipt documenting when and where we mailed the documents you requested. The address was taken directly from your email. Please respond to verify that this address is accurate.

Thank you.

UFCW Local 770
(213) 201-7119
Quote:
Here comes the answers...

UFCW 770 Financials

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?p=26951

John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:53 pm

@ Enforcer.....

We are getting a lot of calls up here in Northern Ca. "alleging" that Team Icaza has approached his Staff multiple times for campaign contributions for Team Icaza's upcoming election at UFCW Local 770!

Based on the reports we are receiving, some serious cash is being deposited into Team Icaza's 2014-2015 Campaign War Chest from Local 770''s "alleged" Staffer contributions.!

Based on a recent revelation, HERE, Local 770 staffer's are "allegedly" being required to provide one or more of the following for Team Icaza's War Chest, in addition to the previously mentioned cash contributions!

Enforcer...looking forward to your update.

Thank You

Enforcer
Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:07 am

John Briley wrote:
@ Enforcer.....

We are getting a lot of calls up here in Northern Ca. "alleging" that Team Icaza has approached his Staff multiple times for campaign contributions for Team Icaza's upcoming election at UFCW Local 770!

Based on the reports we are receiving, some serious cash is being deposited into Team Icaza's 2014-2015 Campaign War Chest from Local 770''s "alleged" Staffer contributions.!

Based on a recent revelation, HERE, Local 770 staffer's are "allegedly" being required to provide one or more of the following for Team Icaza's War Chest, in addition to the previously mentioned cash contributions!

Enforcer...looking forward to your update.

Thank You

JB, we are getting very similar phone calls.I recently had a conversation with a 770 employee and heard the same thing (Icaza: so much for loyalty?) Now we're being told by the same person that "allegedly" Paul Edwards may be asking or is in the process of asking again for money but for nearly double of the previous election which puts the amounts in the $4,000 to $5,000 range, per person total.

Quote:

Let's take an example of how much money this is, allegedly.

http://www.ufcw770.org/content/staff

There are 26 reps listed on the website.

Let's take the $4,000 range figure, first.

$4,000 times 26 union reps= $104,000 in donations alone from the reps.

Using the other figure:

$5,000 times 26 union reps = $130,000
in donations alone from the reps.

This example of a figure excludes Directors, organizers, office staff, managers, spurs, UFCW International staff, etc.- who we all know will donate soon if they have not already done so. It is my understanding the organizers "may" have been asked. Rigo, can you confirm?

Let's use an example of the roughly 10 organizers / managers employed at 770:

Using the $4,000 per person figure = $40,000 additional contributions alone. Grand total: (rep figures included) $144,000

Using the $5,000 per person figure = $50,000 additional contributions alone. Grand Total (rep figures included) $180,000

Quote:

As everyone knows, elections get expense for candidates when it comes to mailers

The West Coast Mailing House that UFCW 770 uses, charges the following figure for mailers for election candidates (using a 30,000 member local figure):

Estimate for one Mailer to the entire membership-

Postage: first class rate .49 each mailer times 30,000 members = $14,700

Labeling: $160 per every 1,000 envelopes labeled = $4,800

Envelopes: $25 roughly for every 600 envelopes = $1,250

Inserting & Sealing: varies. Last figure was estimated at $0.07 per envelope= $2,100
---------------------

Misc Charge / Fed Ex kinkos copies (two sided) of mailing material (example):
$0.22 times 30,000 copies = $6,600

Grand Total estimate for one mailer to the entire membership = $29,450

In addition to donations, and paying for campaign mailings: 770 staff that campaign for the Icaza Slate will need to use their vacation time, personal holidays, sick days, comp days, etc to campaign for their boss. What a great boss the 770 employees have.
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Quote:

JB, we are getting very similar phone calls.I recently had a conversation with a 770 employee and heard the same thing (Icaza: so much for loyalty?) Now we're being told by the same person that "allegedly" Paul Edwards may be asking or is in the process of asking again for money but for nearly double of the previous election which puts the amounts in the $4,000 to $5,000 range, per person total.

@ Enforcer.... whenever you have that kind of money $$$$$$$$ being solicited to fund any Union Election Campaign, there is going to be nothing but problems!

Case in point is UFCW Local 5's 1st Local Union Election.

The DOL jumped all over Local 5 / UFCW I.U. for "soliciting contributions"!

Quote:

http://www.dol.gov/olms/regs/compliance/volun_agree_2013.htm

On October 22, 2013, OLMS accepted a voluntary compliance agreement with United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Local 5 (located in San Jose, Calif.), concerning the challenged election of officers conducted on September 4, 2012, as well as the March 22, 2013 re-run election ordered by the International union.

The union agreed to conduct a new election, including new nominations, for the offices of president, secretary-treasurer, recorder, and vice-presidents 1 through 31 under OLMS supervision.

The investigation of the challenged election disclosed that union resources were used when the UFCW International President sent a campaign letter to various UFCW officers soliciting contributions and his executive assistant obtained the recipients’ addresses while on union time.

The agreement follows an investigation by the OLMS San Francisco-Seattle District Office.

BTW.... for those counting, Local 5 subsequently had to have to 3 Local Union Elections before they got it right!

Last time I checked, UFCW Local 770 President Rick Icaza is also a long standing UFCW I.U. V.P. I wonder "if" there are any "solicitations" taking place on his behalf throughout the UFCW I.U. as we speak?

@ Enforcer,...... based what I've seen / read so far, UFCW Local 770 just might beat UFCW Local 5's 3 Union Election's record!
Enforcer
Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Ed Oquendo, DOL - Office of Labor Management Standards, Los Angeles:

We got a new case for your office and you may need to bring AJ out of retirement for this one! The I.R.S. has also received a communication regarding the matter.

The documentation is on its way, and the best part about it – The devils themselves provided the evidence.

Laurence D. Steinsapir: Legal Counsel for UFCW 770

Here comes the billable hours you been wanting. Start the timers!
Quote:
Documentation was first requested: Sun, Oct 12, 2014
Quote:
date: Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Hi *,

Your request is currently under review. You will be contacted soon with a response.

Thank you.

UFCW Local 770
(213) 201-7119
Quote:
October 23rd 2014

Re: Your Request...

Dear,

Local 770 has asked me to respond to your request for Local 770 ******* for the last three (3) years. You requested to be first advised of the charge of the production of the documents. You will be charged the cost of copying at $26.75 (107 total pages at $.25 per page). If you still want the document, please advice me and also let me know the mailing address where we should send the documents.

Sincerely,

Michael D. Four

(Legal Counsel for UFCW 770)
Now fast forward...
Quote:
date: Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Dear *****,

Attached you will find the certified mail receipt documenting when and where we mailed the documents you requested. The address was taken directly from your email. Please respond to verify that this address is accurate.

Thank you.

UFCW Local 770
(213) 201-7119
Quote:
Here comes the answers...

UFCW 770 Financials

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?p=26951

The documentation has finally arrived from the Attorneys of 770, 109 pages. After delay tactics, Paul Edwards / Rick Icaza long drawn out attempt at finding ways of not complying, and a large amount of Billable Hours by the 770 Attorneys, we now have what we need... for now.
Enforcer
Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Quote:
Laurence D. Steinsapir: Legal Counsel for UFCW 770:

Here comes more Billable Hours- Keep the timers running! We will keep you busy for months to come, That we promise you.
Paul Edwards: Don't mistake my kindness for my weakness. Now you know... and its to late.
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW 770 Officers Election
Page 3 of 21
page: prev  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  next
Jump to: