Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow 3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?

3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  next
John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:35 pm

WTF.....is going on at UFCW Local 5? Is there anyone IN CHARGE, that cares and or who may be concerned about our Local 5 Member's and Retiree's, including their respective families?

For those of you who have been following this thread should be aware of the fact that UFCW Local 5 President Elect John Nunes, is also Local 5's CHIEF NEGOTIATOR. At the present time, President Elect John Nunes is involved with Savemart / Lucky Negotiations. Our contracts with Raleys / Nob Hill and Safeway will expire on or about October 11, 2014!

Yesterday, Thursday September 25, 2014, on another Thread I posted the following update.

Quote:
Hopefully Local 5 Stewards in attendance at Local 5's Stewards Educational Conference scheduled for Thursday, September 25, 2014, at the San Jose Airport Garden Hotel, 1740 North First Street, San Jose Ca., starting at 9AM, will receive a detailed overview from President Elect John Nunes / Local 5's Chief Negotiator, as to the specifics regarding our Savemart / Lucky Negotiations. Including President Elect John Nunes position re: our Retiree's!

Additionally, what is President Elect John Nunes position going to be concerning Raleys / Nob Hill and Safeway Negotiation's? Those Contracts are expiring on or about on October 11, 2014

Here's the complete post from ribeye with an overview from said Local 5's Steward's Conference.

Quote:

ribeye quote

Posted: Thu Sep 25. 2014 9:45 pm

UPDATE FROM THE STEWARDS CONFERENCE TODAY:

President Elect John Nunes did not say one word at the stewards conference today. Not one word.

Program was as follows:
Remarks came from Bambi-Health and Safety
Joe Sweeney-the SEGAL Company
David Rosenfeld, attorney
Brian Leaky-Pesticide Safety
AWARDS
Pete Maturino-Ag
CONTRACT DISCUSSION-Staff
Raffle Prizes

When it came time for the CONTRACT DISCUSSION to be lead by John Nunes and Jack Landes and updates on Save Mart Lucky, Laurie Mesa covered for John Nunes and Jack Landes saying that they left the building because they were preparing for upcoming negotiations.

No CONTRACT DISCUSSION by Staff.

But they didn't miss the raffle prizes.

No question and answer session at all. Members were not able to speak or ask questions this year at all.

Those at my table wished that they had the CONTRACT DISCUSSIONS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING. We had a lot of questions to ask.

It seemed like that was done on purpose-To avoid questions. That is just my opinion.

There was no mention of future benefits, wages, retiree healthcare, vacation, Nob Hill, Safeway, Foodmaxx. No mention of restoring the $5 wage cuts or organizing Raleys.

Quote:
President Elect John Nunes did not say one word at the stewards conference today. Not one word.

Quote:
When it came time for the CONTRACT DISCUSSION to be lead by John Nunes and Jack Landes and updates on Save Mart Lucky, Laurie Mesa covered for John Nunes and Jack Landes saying that they left the building because they were preparing for upcoming negotiations.

No CONTRACT DISCUSSION by Staff.

If this is an accurate account of what took place at Local 5's Steward's Conference on 9-25-14, this is absolutely outrageous and inexcusable behavior from each and every Local 5 Paid Staffer from Local 5!

UFCW Local 5 President Elect John Nunes / Chief Negotiator, wasted a perfect opportunity to speak to and embrace Local 5's Steward's in attendance at said Conference!

Not to mention another wasted opportunity by President Elect John Nunes to provide Local 5 Steward's, including Local 5's Paid Staff, with HIS Vision, Overview, Goals, etc., as to how HE plans to LEAD Local 5 Member's during the next three (3) years!

I guess the immediate question for Local 5 Steward's is, What was the purpose / need for the 9-25-14 Steward's Seminar?
Back to top profile :: pm
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:18 pm

John Briley wrote:

If this is an accurate account of what took place at Local 5's Steward's Conference on 9-25-14, this is absolutely outrageous and inexcusable behavior from each and every Local 5 Paid Staffer from Local 5!

UFCW Local 5 President Elect John Nunes / Chief Negotiator, wasted a perfect opportunity to speak to and embrace Local 5's Steward's in attendance at said Conference!

Not to mention another wasted opportunity by President Elect John Nunes to provide Local 5 Steward's, including Local 5's Paid Staff, with HIS Vision, Overview, Goals, etc., as to how HE plans to LEAD Local 5 Member's during the next three (3) years!

I guess the immediate question for Local 5 Steward's is, What was the purpose / need for the 9-25-14 Steward's Seminar?

I'm going to post a series of "Private Messages" I received here at uncharted going into this recent Local 5 election. I didn't want to post these messages because I didn't want them to influence the election in any way. In fact I had chosen not to post them at all, but with the recent info that JB posted about Nunes I think it's important that Local 5 members have an opportunity to read them.

Not sure why this person sent me this info? My only guess was my connection to the Garcia's & JB. I confronted the person with the question "why me?" and never got a straight answer.

Local 5 members you decide if these message are bullshit or may have some truth to them.

Here's one of the many private messages I received.

Quote:

To: Scott Schroeder
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:28 am
Subject: Re: Wrap plan

In digging today, something was shared with me that may be more than just a rumor.

Local 8 has a wrap plan specific to them and only them. Local 5 did not take the same deal when offered. As greedy as Lind is, he turned down this deal. I was told that I will get this 'hard evidence' within 7 days.

Now for the interesting rumor.

A team of Local 5 staff, very close to Local 8 are making a play to run for President and ST. They are said to come out soon as candidates to run against Gonzales and Alday. These guys are getting funding from Loveall directly.

The video that Alday put out pissed off a bunch of staffers so much because he called out staff not doing there jobs and those that have been riding the Lind gravy train for years are now seeing the opportunity to run and win.

One of JB's questions to anyone running for president was,

Why hasn't Local 5 separated from Local 8 in these negotiations?

Local 8 could not even get their Raley's members to walk off the job, what makes anyone think that SaveMart or Lucky workers will walk at Local 8. Loveall knows this.

Quote from my source that knows both sides.

"The reason is because they are planning a merger right now. And my source at Local 8 said that Jack Landes was in Roseville at Local 8's office twice within the past two weeks. Here is an opportunity for Loveall with the mess created by Lind. He will do his best with his connections on the inside at 5 to seize his chance."

Quote:

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:03 am

I was told I would have the wrap doc in a PDF by Tuesday. It is secured like Fort Knox. I will figure out how to get you the file or link on this messaging platform.

Thanks for posting your question!

Watch to see if anyone responds (without tippin them off) and watch how people avoid this.

Why would they? Could it be because they don't want to believe it?

I have seen firsthand these people in meetings.(they call them bargaining meetings but that is not what is going on behind the closed doors)

I hope like hell I am wrong.

Quote:

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:10 am

Stay tuned. I need to get to a scanner to get these to you for your hard evidence. This document is only half of the story- I was promised another one soon.

When I say Fort Knox, I really meant it.

The wrap plan as I see it here covers local 648 only.

ZERO MONTHLY contributions have been made to the trust fund from Local 648. Thus the wrap to cover their benefits.

My guess is this was a planned/negotiated pre-election gift from 8 to 648. Only a guess. Only problem was...Mike Sharpe lost and unless Loveall can get to the new president there, this was a nibble but no fish on the line for Loveall.

My source in Sac says be patient with the 8 wrap. They are smarter (have an attorney that knows better) to release side letters and reports that show these no contributions. That makes it a much bigger treasure when it is dug up. Stay tuned.

What did I say about no comments when you posed the question?

Interesting...

Quote:

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:32 am
Subject: Bargaining?
Dinner Co-Chairpersons

Mr. James Araby • UFCW Western States Council
Dr. Hugh Dang • Union Dental
Mr. Jack Daniel • MedExpert
Mr. Timothy Losee • Blue Shield of California
Mr. Jacques Loveall • UFCW 8 Golden State

Dinner Committee

John Corr • Lord Abbett
Mark DeVincentis • Crescent Capital Group
Joseph Hansen • UFCW International Union
Ricardo Icaza • UFCW Local 770
Mickey Kasparian • UFCW Local 135
Connie M. Leyva • UFCW Local 1428
Jerry Slavonia • Fremont Bank
Philip Tucker • Union Automation

How did these guys get on the Kiss Ass Committee?

(Follow the Money)

Don't forget the Kiss Ass Committee when you are out there picketing.

and speaking of ass kissing...while the Bargaining team continues to wait for the union buster Pat Jordan, the merger talks continue between the Bargaining Director Nunes, Landes and Loveall. (Garcia doesn't have any idea what is really happening when he and his wife leave)

It's sad that the only bargaining UFCW is participating in is between 5 and 8.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=625821067491553&set=a.105545239519141.9196.100001909968857&type=1&theater

see this and other comments by Loveall on Landes' facebook page.

even JB keeps avoiding your question about funding from Loveall.

Put video surveillance in the parking lot at Local 8.
I guarantee you will see these guy there.

Why are uncharted oldtimers avoiding this? What have they been promised for keeping rank and file members from running? At one time LP was running, now she is supporting the Merger Team running under the name 'members first'.

Even you must notice a different tone from the veterans on why the Bargaining team is letting Jordan call the shots?

'Members First'? Come on.

Quote:

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:12 am
Subject: Real dream of Loveall, ALOHA and MAHALO!

GOAL FOR LOVEALL IS UFCW 480.

Constitution says that in order for Loveall to merge with 480 his local has to touch. Because 648 and 5 are on the Cal coast he can't get there without getting one of the two.

the new president Dan Larson screwed that up for Loveall. Now that leaves 5. The door opened for him with this DOL Election and Loveall will not miss out on this opportunity.

Again...You have been an uncharted regular for a long time. You have seen patterns and people come and go. You know the selfish bastards these leaders become once they put on the 'ring'. (Loveall was born a bastard)

You have to ask yourself why there has not been one comment posted in response to your questions.

I challenge you to keep watching. Don't PM anyone to tip them.

Why did JB pull his rank and file team of William and Lynda? Why are they now campaigning for Nunes and Landes?

I like Tony Garcia a lot.

But he has no idea and I don't think JB does either. (or he does not want to believe it)

But Loveall is about to make the move of the century and JB is about to do it all for him.

Watch it for a few weeks and see just how obvious this all is.

Not one thing has been or will be said about the Bargaining Committee-since JB decided to support Nunes. (go look at the history) Why not?

What deal has been offered to JB?

We have serious issues with these contracts and nothing is going on there at all.

No plan and definitely no strategy by the committee.

No community outreach, no reaching out to the Labor Councils, no outreach to local leaders and elected officials.

Why not?

Because Nunes, Landes and Loveall are bargaining for themselves and will do it until June when the election is over!

Loveall will sneak his election in mid summer just as the members are about to be called out on strike. He goes without opposition.

Ask Tony Garcia how much progress there has been.

Mind you, This is the very same committee (minus Tony Garcia) that negotiated the concessionary contracts that JB and all members rightfully criticized.

This blows my mind !!

After all this info sending here was my response to notmydues.

Quote:
To: notmydues
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:51 pm
Subject: Re: Real dream of Loveall, ALOHA and MAHALO!
Notmydues,

While I do appreciate this information your are sending me I’ve got to ask, why me?

Why not get this info directly to Tony Garcia ?

I doubt any of this you’re telling is far fetched and knowing Loveall it’s probably all true, but exactly what is it that you want me to do with this information???

Listen, if we’re going to continue with this info exchange don’t you think we should establish some kind of trust here? You know who I am, I post openly so how about telling me who you are? Obviously you are a Local 5 member or staffer.

Second question who would you personally like to see lead Local 5? Myself I’d love to see a rank n file sweep of candidates come in sweep the election, but we all know that won’t happen. To many sheep within the UFCW that all want to be led even if that means right over the cliff.

So we going to build some trust here or are we going to continue to hide behind anonymous names?

Also let’s discuss what “we” want to do with this information.

Ok your turn!

I'll let Local 5 members digest all this for awhile then I'll post some more. What I can tell you all this conversing eventually led to a face to face meeting.

More soon!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:46 am

Quote:
"At one time LP was running..."

Actually, no I was not.. I never even got close to my announcing my candidacy. I never even got my toe in the door. I was discouraged immediately and the circumstances surrounding that blew me away. I will say no more about that. It's over and done with.

Quote:
Why did JB pull his rank and file team of William and Lynda? Why are they now campaigning for Nunes and Landes?

I can't speak for William, but I was first encouraged to run and planned to, then discouraged by a stunning bit of info. regarding why that left me speechless and confused. Nobody PULLS me from running as I am nether a puppet nor "blindly loyal."

However I was certainly not naive in understanding that I am strapped financially, and without money, time and support from key individuals, would likely be defeated and definitely shamed for my attempt here on this website.

I decided to then support the slate that I thought would be more dedicated to the members than the opposing slate. I remain supportive as I don't put much stock in anonymous posts full of cryptic,small minded nonsense.

I chose to run for Eboard.

I've also witnessed at the Eboard meeting dialogue that reinforces my support of our newly elected President. "Members First" dialogue-content that impressed me and likely William as well.

I've been slammed, misjudged and insulted on this website for that support. That doesn't faze me. I've been hurt, confused angry and then finally just flat-out disgusted, yet I do what I feel is right.

I know who I am and what I'm about. I am true to myself. I have asked a couple if anonymous posters who don't even know me,(yet feel the need to speculate about me and put me down on this website) to come out, show yourself and meet me for a nice, interesting convo. No response. Just as I knew there would be none. Cowards hide.

Slam a union sister on Uncharted, but not agree to talk to her in person about it?

But it's over and I'm really just trying my best to be in support of the active members whom contact me. There are many.

We have courtesy clerks at my store whom have been working here for over a year,need help and they don't even know what a union rep is?! I have plenty to do right now here at store level. Our contract on a daily basis is flagrantly violated regarding courtesy clerks working APC job description.

Can't seem to, despite my constant efforts,get it corrected.

I hope that will soon be corrected,
John Briley
Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Quote:
@ Michael Ng @ the DOL...... What's going on with the DOL'S investigation?????

On July 1, 2014 John Nunes was elected president at UFCW Local 5 along with other individuals being elected into various Officer's positions at Local 5!

Here it is September 1, 2014 (over 60 days) and we have not received any information as to the final results of said DOL investigation?

Michael Ng, what's going on with the DOL'S investigation?

New Term of Office commencing December 1, 2014 and ending December 31, 2017.

UFCW 5 DOL Officers Election

http://ufcw5.org/notice-of-nominations-and-election-of-officers-of-ufcw-local-5-2014

Today is Monday, October 13, 2014...

90 + days and counting!

@ Michael NG / DOL..... What's going on?
Enforcer
Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 am

Quote:
John Briley Wrote:

@ Team Gonzales......

Terry,.... with the strong possibility that Team Gonzales "may" receive a favorable decision from the DOL for a 4th Election at Local 5, I would suggest, if you are interested, we meet for coffee or lunch to discuss? Let me know. I'll buy.
Seems JB offered Terry Gonzales an olive branch a few weeks ago…

Since JB was willing to offer up an olive branch, Southern California will now offer up the first and only Olive Branch to UFCW International / Shaun Barclay: I would suggest, if you want, to meet and discuss about possibly putting an end to the inception of the Southern California problems. Call me, you have the number.

The offering of the Olive Branch expires at Noon PST, 10/19/2014 and does NOT apply to UFCW 770.
Quote:
Let’s review SOME of Southern California’s Developments and Upcoming Developments in respect to UFCW International and UFCW 770
Quote:
Department of Labor / Division of Enforcement Response

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/2014_dol_response_1036_iu.pdf

"The investigation disclosed that on February 26, 2009, the trustee (Shaun Barclay) appointed by the International to manage the affairs of the local (1036) transferred $100,000 of the local's monies to the International...

The International... agreed that the transfer was unlawful and should not have occurred. "
Quote:
First Ever Protest of the UFCW International Officers Election

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2208
Quote:

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2209

Shaun Barclay: don't you agree that the former 1036 (770 now) members should receive a copy of this letter?

(New Question: Shaun Barclay, Don’t you agree that UFCW International Members should receive a copy of this letter and OTHER “Surprises”?
Enforcer wrote:

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?p=26828

Shaun Barclay, are you ready for Round 2? We are.

Quote:

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?p=26828
Enforcer wrote:
@ Lisa Pedersen, UFCW Assistant General Counsel: before the fun begins, please remind the International Staff, International Officers, and UFCW 770 about the Rules of Engagement. Remind them no union resources can be used to respond to what is about to transpire at UFCW 770 (that applies to you to, Nicholas Clark- General Counsel )
Quote:
Shaun Barclay et al Civil Lawsuits in accordance with the LMRDA:

Quote:
Shaun Barclay: Stop Dodging the Legal Process Server. Let’s Dance

Quote:

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2314
Quote:
At around 8pm on July 9th 2014, a UFCW 770 member was on a walking path in Ventura County. He was approached from behind by individual(s) affiliated with UFCW 770, the individual(s) are listed on the UFCW 770 LM-2 as employee(s). Allegedly the employee(s) approached the member from behind, which led to an assault and also harsh words. Pedestrians saw what was allegedly happening.

This is the same UFCW 770 member who filed the complaint against Shaun Barclay and UFCW International
New Visitors:
Daisy wrote:

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2428

i recieved a letter in the mail from the government. department of labor. a card with the letter told me that if i had questions to come to this website.

am i reading this correctly that union officials of ufcw embezzled money???? shame on the ufcw! shame shame shame!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
Potential Decertification at Kaiser (This was NOT the plan, but your ACTIONS caused it!)

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2428

Daisy wrote:
i will try calling the feds on monday Smile im all for suing the vice president and other officials but i do not want to jeopardize the chances at a decertification when the window opens up to decertify. if i decide to file a lawsuit will that effect any decertification petition we submit to the nlrb Question i had an organizer from seiu uhw approach me but no way am i interested in seiu and dave regan Twisted Evil. the techs are saying holly is taking money from the partnership tax money and yes it is holly davenport. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

NUHW!
Quote:
UFCW 770 Upcoming Officers Election: With the Assistance of Team Northern California (Thanks JB)

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2314
Enforcer wrote:
Quote:
Campaigning already, Rick Icaza?
Quote:
Rick Icaza: dressed up in 90 degree plus weather, shaking members hands in front of the camera.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/ufcw770/14854840365/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/ufcw770/14668246878/
Quote:
Rick Icaza, taking pictures with kids whose parents are members of UFCW 770:

(Icaza: Are you going to start kissing babies, like old school politicians use to do during their U.S. elections? Just saying…)

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/ufcw770/14668360939/
Quote:
Lets Not Forget the UFCW 770 Website, on the Homepage:

http://ufcw770.org/

Self Explanatory.
Scared Rick Icaza?
Quote:
Lisa Pedersen: You may want to re-explain the rules of engagement again to 770.
Quote:
Rick Icaza:

http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?p=26701#26701

"Tenemos una grande sorpresa para ti,..."
Quote:
Message to the UFCW 770 Leadership:

Be rest assured: The Department of Labor is watching.
Quote:
UFCW 770 Financials
http://forums.uncharted.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2358
Enforcer wrote:
Quote:
The question remains, what happened in 2010, 2011, and 2012?!
We shall know more soon of what exactly happened in those Three Fiscal Years. To be continued...
(You KNOW what’s coming…)
Quote:
Quote:
In the UFCW 770 delegates election in 2013, the opposition( part of the “Southern California Group”) group sent out a mailer to the membership in the grocery industry…

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/2013_ufcw770_election_opposition_mailer.pdf
Quote:
Following the Delegates Election and the UFCW Convention, Rick Icaza sent out this memo card to the UFCW 770 membership.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/ufcw770_dues_note.pdf

The delegates to the UFCW International Convention voted
to authorize a dues increase of $3 per month effective. October 1, 2013. President Icaza has determined… Therefore he has decided NOT to implement this dues increase for members in your classification at this time.
Quote:
The temporary union dues absorption comes out to:

http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do
File #: 517-385

UFCW 770 Total Membership Count: 30,478 for 2013

(30,478 * $3.00 = $91,434 a month, estimated based upon the membership count filed with the DOL for 2013. Please note: Total Membership counts fluctuate on a monthly basis.)
Quote:
October 2013- $91,434

November 2013- $91,434

December 2013- $91,434

January 2014- $91,434

February 2014- $91,434

March 2014- $91,434

April 2014- $91,434

May 2014- $91,434

June 2014- $91,434

July 2014- $91,434

August 2014- $91,434

September 2014- $91,434

October 2014- $91,434

Estimated Total Savings so far: $1,188,642

Quote:
With the Albertsons (Cerberus) / Safeway merger, the financials at UFCW 770 are about to get even worse….
Quote:
Speaking of Financials wait until we open “Pandora’s Box” at both levels…
Quote:
Steve Lomax …Oh WAIT, Were getting ahead of ourselves…
Quote:
Lisa Pedersen… Oh WAIT, AGAIN were getting ahead of ourselves…
Quote:
The upcoming UFCW International Cellphone Directory(partial directory for now):

Shaun Barclay, UFCW Region 8 Director- (972)523-9229

Jeff Ferro, UFCW Executive Assistant to the Director of Organizing- (909) 910-5773

Mike Russow. Executive Assistant to the Region 8 Director (904) 47…

Joe Hernandez, Region 8 Coordinator- (714)68…

Lilly Flores. International Representative- (602)42…

Leticia Ramirez, UFCW IU Executive Assistant Collective Bargaining Department- (202) 746-16…

Esther Lopez, UFCW IU. Director-Civil Rights- (202) 466-15..

And more…. And to be continued will full numbers soon.
Quote:
There's more, but we ALL get the point...
Quote:
Southern California will now offer up the first and only Olive Branch to UFCW International / Shaun Barclay: I would suggest, if you want, to meet and discuss about putting a possible end to the inception of the Southern California problems? Call me, you have the number.

The offering of the Olive Branch expires at Noon PST, 10/19/2014 and does NOT apply to UFCW 770.

John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:24 am

While we wait for the DOL to finalize their investigation pertaining to UFCW Local 5's 3rd Local Union Election, ironically, one year ago yesterday, October 22, 2013, the DOL issued the following letter ordering Local 5's 3rd Union Election.

Quote:

DOL Orders UFCW Local 5 to conduct a THIRD NOMINATION and ELECTION of OFFICERS.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/20131022_acceptance_agreement.pdf

Fast forward, here it is October 23, 2014 and we could very possibly be heading for a 4th Local Union Election at Local 5?

Or not?????

Only the DOL knows the answer to that question!
John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Here it is Saturday, November 1, 2014.

T-Minus 30 days and counting........

Quote:

UFCW Local 5....

Team NUNES and others start their........

New Term of Office commencing December 1, 2014 and ending December 31, 2017.

http://ufcw5.org/notice-of-nominations-and-election-of-officers-of-ufcw-local-5-2014

As of today's date, still No Word from the DOL regarding their Final Decision on the complaints filed concerning Local 5's 3rd Union Election...

We continue to wait.
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Quote:
As of today's date, still No Word from the DOL regarding their Final Decision on the complaints filed concerning Local 5's 3rd Union Election...

We continue to wait.

The information I heard at the last Eboard meeting was that the decision has been made and is with the OLMS In Washington DC. For review, which as we know is standard procedure.

I feel that the formal decision at this point is just that, a formality. Of course we need to view the official document, however to me it seems obvious that, given the landslide victory of the winning candidates, any alleged violations found in the challenged election will have been insufficient to have changed the outcome of the election.

So, moving forward...on Dec.1,2014 the newly elected Local 5 Union leaders and officers will take office.

For the love and support of Union, how about we all ditch any remaining "sour-grapes" mentality and get on board in supporting this new leadership;how about mending fences, moving forward to offer constructive ideas to assist them in achieving the goals of Active Members and Retirees.

For the SINCERE LOVE of UNION, can't we all do this?

Those Olive branches all around? Let's get together to help fight the good fight. Some alleged GREEDY employers simply LOVE a fractured Union Membership...

Thank YOU Roger R. Rivera, for standing up to the LIND Regime, sacrificing your very livelihood,and continuing to relentlessly persevere in your fight to do what many thought would be Impossible...achieving the opportunity in making the Active Member-friendly and supportive Local 5 Union Leadership a reality.

Brother Rx3-a true hero in Local 5 history. No matter how relentlessly and systematically some Local 5 Union leadership & some Local 5 staff allegedly attempted to destroy this man's reputation and livelihood,they couldn't keep him down. He's the reason that the DOL investigated and then mandated a new government Supervised local 5 Election of Officers. Let's never forget that.

So...Looks like the DOL is real busy these days!

POWER TO THE ACTIVE UNION MEMBERS.

Stick together - Stay SOLID.

"...2 days ago - In a rare scenario, a union election Saturday for officers in the Electricianslocal led by John "Johnny Doc" Dougherty will be supervised by the DOL...

Google it...interesting stuff.
John Briley
Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:03 pm

@ Lynda P.

The following WE do agree on!

Quote:

Thank YOU Roger R. Rivera, for standing up to the LIND Regime, sacrificing your very livelihood,and continuing to relentlessly persevere in your fight to do what many thought would be Impossible...achieving the opportunity in making the Active Member-friendly and supportive Local 5 Union Leadership a reality.

Brother Rx3-a true hero in Local 5 history. No matter how relentlessly and systematically some Local 5 Union leadership & some Local 5 staff allegedly attempted to destroy this man's reputation and livelihood,they couldn't keep him down. He's the reason that the DOL investigated and then mandated a new government Supervised local 5 Election of Officers. Let's never forget that.

Lynda P.
Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:41 pm

@JB
I'm pleased that WE can agree on that,however when Local 5 Sister Carol C. and I reminded so many people on election night that absent Roger Rivera's unbelievably hard work, sacrifices and tenacity, they wouldn't even be there on the ballot You'd be surprised at how many Local 5 Election of Officers "third times a charm " candidates appeared sincerely unable to make that connection...
Yep, puzzled looks all around! One Individual on the ballot responded, "well yeah, I guess you're right?!" Uhmmm, yeahhhhh

I wonder if Terry Gonzales got it?
Poetic Justice for Rx3 ? I sincerely hope so and I believe it will be.

Maybe we can all have coffee together one day (I'll pay ;)
to talk about how we can all work together in our various capacities to restore the luster to our tarnished and fractured Local 5 Union.
My friend of Misery
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:09 am

Well said [name removed], on both your comments. There's something everybody can agree on. -Dare I say, a common interest.

The Unforgiven
Outlawtorn
One
Minus Human
No leaf clover
Sanitarium
mAgIc mAn
G-Man
THE DOPE SHOW
Binding Of Isaac
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:44 am

@ ofom
Quote:
Well said,...on both your comments. There's something everybody can agree on.-Dare I say, a common interest.

Thank you, and I agree about that...moving forward and, even while debating, sticking together. It's our only hope in salvaging the tattered mess that the sadly divided Local 5 has become. Together we must stand strong against contract gouges.

Last edited by Lynda P. on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
My friend of Misery
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:27 am

edit = removed

Posting guidelines

c. Members who feel that they have been unfairly warned may appeal to the moderators via the same method as #8 of the Cardinal Rules.

The Unforgiven
Outlawtorn
One
Minus Human
No leaf clover
Sanitarium
mAgIc mAn
G-Man
THE DOPE SHOW
Binding Of Isaac
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Speaking of Rx3...

A long time friend and union sister from way back met up with me after the Eboard meeting in San Jose a couple of weeks ago. She had left the country for a few years,then returned and worked at Safeway in San Jose area, finally left that job for a different line of work.

We sat across the street in the park in San Jose and I brought her up to speed on our tragic Union issues; she and I in the past were very active together in the Union and had our store directors fuming with our constant demands that they adhere to the current contracts of the day. It was actually kind of fun, but talk about two employees with Bull's eyes on their backs.

BOOYA ! we're both still standing Wink

When I told her all about what Roger Rivera had done for us she exclaimed "I LOVE that guy!!! He was always FOR THE MEMBERS!

She then pulled out a tattered and taped together card that has she carried to this day, saying " he was an incredible,fighter for the members and I never could bear to toss out this card."

She gave it to me to keep.

Lynda P.
Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:02 am

Third time was a charm.

The local 5 Election of Officers is finally Certified.

Two years of effort by Roger R. River and his strike force have come to fruition.

Time to restructure and do everything possible to build up a Local 5 Union that is for the Members.

Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow 3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?
Page 19 of 21
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  next
Jump to: