Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow 3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?

3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  next
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Quote:
For all of the “COWARDS” out there that continue to throw away, tear up and deface our campaign material (and you know who you are)...

And we of course can recall that this exactly what happened when we would place materials in the stores
During the 2012 Local 5 Election of Officers when Roger Rivera sacrificed himself for the Membership. It was exasperating and it's likely the same individuals doing it now.

In fact then it was often store directors and their lower management who wanted things left just the way they were who were systematically dumping all of the flyers we left.
Some Shop Stewards and Union Reps were busy with that as well.

Desperate people do desperate things, unfortunately...and don't we know right now who is desperate...to be elected...to keep the status quote intact... And their clueless disciples doing their best to enable that .

Back to top profile :: pm
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Shocked sorry...I deleted this as it was a repeat post.
Tony & Jan Garcia
Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:32 pm

We hit 18 stores yesterday just to find once again all of our campaign material gone (except for one lone flyer that had been covered up by one of the opposing slates flyer). These are stores we had just been in on Monday. We ran into an independent candidate that is complaining of the very same thing. There are 3 slates and 1 independent the only material in all of the stores is from one particular slate. Again you know who you are and it has become very obvious to everyone involved as well!! Our slate as well as the independent candidate are all rank & file (grocery workers) running this campaign on our meager salaries. For those of you that are involved in this shame on you and if you think this will not come out in the wash you are fooling yourselves!
John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:25 pm

@ MICHAEL NG / DOL

Michael .... With the DOL "ordered" 3rd Union Election Currently taking place here at Local 5, it was my understanding that the DOL's involvement was to create a level playing field for ALL parties concerned who may be running for any elected office here at Local 5!

These reports that "allege" certain individuals tearing down campaign literature is absolutely disgusting! Especially "if" these certain individuals represent current Local 5 Staffer's?

As we both know, Team Gonzales / Team Nunes already have a monumental advantage (financially $$$$$$$ / Employer friendly) over any & all current active MEMBER'S (non-Local 5 Staff) who are trying to campaign against TEAM GOLIATH!!!!!!!

Clearly, based on the above previous posts from Jan & Tony Garcia, something very serious & despicable is "allegedly" taking place within Alameda County! Michael, the DOL needs to investigate these allegations immediately!
Inside Lurker
Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Tony & Jan Garcia wrote:
For all of the “COWARDS” out there that continue to throw away, tear up and deface our campaign material (and you know who you are) your actions may have consequences.

Let me guess Tony & Jan would the coward you refer to possibly be the same person who leaves hostile messages on answering machines of allies of his calling that allies a "fucking coward"? Talk about burning your bridges. Rolling Eyes This is what the UFCW offers up as a presidential candidate?

We thought the Shaun Barclay psychotic phone message was bad? Wait til this anger junkie's recent hostile phone rant is exposed on the net. It will make Barclay sound like a choir boy. What is it that these UFCW goofs don't understand about leaving their recorded tantrums on a electronic device and with today's technology how easy it is to share with the world with one click of the mouse?

Funniest part of this all is this person has no idea how many of his other allies close to him have already heard the recorded rant.Laughing So much for being that "team leader" while those close to you are laughing behind your back. Wink
Lynda P.
Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Quote:
...leaving their recorded tantrums on a electronic device and with today's technology how easy it is to share with the world with one click of the mouse?

and let's not forget to include those individuals posting on a public website such as uncharted here -profanity filled rants... Look back and you'll read posts filled with--> "Fuck" "bullshit", "fucking cowards", as well as profane images of the "heads up where the sun don't shine" the "FINGER" with 'Vaffanculo"'
Which, In English means:
"bite me" - "bugger off" - "fuck off" - "fuck you" - "Fuck you" "Go fuck yourself!"- "screw you" - "Up yours!" and much more!

Really, why would anyone posting their own vulgarities here be so put out?

Oh Yeah, and I'll never forget this one-->one local 5 E-board Member in the second meeting I attended ranting about this and that and using the term "motherf#%@er" in a room that included some very nice mothers. hmmm..."cojones, stones," whatever...offensive on many levels. Nobody cried about it...we just shook our heads...the women in the room looked at one-another and rolled our eyes. Must have been those "cojones/stones" at work, again...whatever. Smile

I could go on and on...people get frustrated, angry...they throw HISSY-FITS (apparently that's the deal, according to some,(if those posting are female "plants") LOL.

Some individuals here tend to post "diatribes" (oh My!) filled with profanity...must be all that "TESTICULAR FORTITUDE" likely in direct relation to their COJONES that they're so fond of reminding us about; oh yeah...and their legendary "STONES".

Hahahaha...boys will be boys; or maybe it's naughty "girls" frequently expressing themselves using vulgar language on this website " "Fucking this-FUCKING" that ..or OH! my goodness gracious sakes worse...
someone spoke naughty words and/or insults and it was left on a phone message??

Possibly some here might even scrawl on the public bathroom walls or the park benches, hehehe. I hope not...Sheesh!

So whomever left a profane message to someone certainly, it goes without saying that the individual should learn to express themselves with maturity instead, no doubt ,but honestly, why would anyone on this particular website be oh so offended at "naughty, insulting" words left on a phone message? Those types of words, directed at others, are all over this website, for goodness sake!

Some individuals(I have let lose with one or two...or more f- bombs, myself, on this website) just seem to need to express themselves either in phone messages or posting on public websites such as this one, using profanity. EQ seems to be somewhat lacking in many individuals...there's always room for growth in that area;)... for all of us! Surprised

Really? So individuals on this website are feigning outrage.. incredibly Worried/terribly offended so sincerely about a phone call message left that included profanity, insults?

that's kinda funny-->Typical Pot-calling-the-kettle...Well, you know the saying!

Anything and EVERYTHING that anyone posts here or on any public website using "today's technology," is cached and available for anyone to view/read/share...for years to come.

oh BEHAVE. Nona here says Stop this nonsense. All of you. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Lynda P. on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Lynda P. wrote:
...offensive on many levels.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Laughing

Long as we're posting within the guidelines of Uncharted, everyone should be fine, eh?

Remember, being offended, doesn't make you right, right.

Opinions are fine, and everyone has a right to express theirs. People get offended...right now what really offends me is my Local 5 Union since the merger...I'll keep my focus on that!

Today Celebrating MY oldest grandsons 12Th birthday- Going to the boardwalk with my grands and I intend to continue to focus on that, right now. Wink
SharynS
Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Quote:
Long as we're posting within the guidelines of Uncharted,
Good point Lynda P. and for convenience ---> a guideline refresher
Quote:
and let's not forget to include those individuals posting on a public website such as uncharted here -profanity filled rants...
Question Lynda P. I'm wondering if you delinieate between People who hold professional positions and are accountable to members and those who aren't. Are People in position and being paid exorbitant salaries - and who, by the way are EMPLOYEES of said membership - accountable to said membership? I do believe the common term is insubordination. Correct me if I'm wrong but would you be as empathetic if a retail worker left a like message on the boss employer's answering machine when the boss "pissed" them off?

I have to say Lynda P. you confuse the hell out of me, one moment it appears you understand the underlying ufcw problem and it's decades of membership manipulation and employer capitulation (nice way to say it no?) and the next you're all over the map. Just saying is all, perhaps you can clear up the confusion and clue us in where you are in all this.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Quote:
Question Lynda P. I'm wondering if you delinieate between People who hold professional positions and are accountable to members and those who aren't. Are People in position and being paid exorbitant salaries - and who, by the way are EMPLOYEES of said membership - accountable to said membership? I do believe the common term is insubordination. Correct me if I'm wrong but would you be as empathetic if a retail worker left a like message on the boss employer's answering machine when the boss "pissed" them off?

I haven't heard the message, I don't know the content, nor whom left it on who's answering machine...it's all hearsay at this point, at least for some of us.

What I do know is this, this website is full of outrageous posts, full of vulgar language and images... etc, and many are posted anonymously...so who really knows whom to be outraged at. The posts, warts and all are on the web for all posterity to view...for the anti Union companies to salivate over.

I am disgusted at the so-called upper echelon of UFCW...I am also kind of disgusted at the members who won't band together in protest, even after all that has transpired.

Sharyn S. Hate to have confused you. I'm for the Members, including myself. I try to guide them to this website in order to learn and contribute- but really, this outrage over a phone message that many of us don't even know the exact content, what precipitated said phone message , whom left it for whom? In my opinion, crying time is over...we have so much to do...

If the person whom received the message is outraged, well then go to the person whom left the message and get it squared away. It's that simple.

The Companies are just LOVING the ongoing "civil war" between Local 5 Members, Staff, etc. Why give them more to gloat over on here...just sayin'

And soon won't local 8 Members need to petition for candidates to run for Election of Officers?

We all have bigger things to worry about. Much bigger...

I don't know? Good people behave poorly? Bad people behaving badly? Should we get the Queen of Hearts on this one ! "Off with their heads" ?

Moving right along...guess what? My campaign materials have been disposed of as well... It's irritating. I think it's often store management doing that, as they did when we left materials for Roger R. Campaign.. they want things left just the way they are. We Members don't.

Let's have an election...

SharynS
Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:02 am

Quote:
...that many of us don't even know the exact content,...
Fair enough, but rumour has it people won't have to wait much longer.
Quote:
...what precipitated said phone message ,
It matters not what may have percipitated anything, each is responsible for our own *actions* and reactions*. There are no excuses. If one does make a mistake the right thing to do is own it. I don't expect anyone to take my word but I can assure people the vile message was completely over the top and uncalled for.
Quote:
...whom left it for whom?
This too will soon be revealed and hopefully when it is People will adjust their loyalties accordingly.
Quote:
If the person whom received the message is outraged, well then go to the person whom left the message and get it squared away. It's that simple.
In this case not quite.

I'm only guessing but I'm sure most People wouldn't hire anyone who operates by leaving vile personal attacks on someone's answering machine - regardless of the circumstances. The only thing left to decide is whether or not anyone would place confidence in or vote someone like that into a position of power.

Just my nickel Canadian but the person who left the message in question belongs in anger management class before he hurts someone, certainly not in any kind of power position. FTR: this person knows who he is.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Well the mystery of the missing campaign flyers might be solved. While campaigning yesterday (Thursday June 20, 2014) we were approached by several rank & file members in the break rooms of two separate stores that said they had witnessed certain individual’s come into their store after we had left and the rest is history. These actions are making the rank & file question whether or not they could trust their Union. All of you that refer to yourselves as “Leaders” if you want the members to have trust in the Union you need to LEAD BY EXAMPLE and if you are putting members up to doing your dirty work for you that is putting them in a very uncomfortable position. Remember that these stores have cameras and cameras don’t lie!
SharynS
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:16 am

Quote:
Well the mystery of the missing campaign flyers might be solved
Mystery? Two (three?) slates and all campaign material vanishes except for one particular slate? The f'ktard(s) might as well have left a calling card complete with photo. I'm torn as to which is more stupid - destroying the competition's material or leaving violent messages on an answering machine. Tho both fit the ufcw profile perfectly.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Can someone please help me? I recently opened my ballot and could not find candidate Jan Garcia for Alameda County.
John Briley
Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Quote:
Can someone please help me? I recently opened my ballot and could not find candidate Jan Garcia for Alameda County.

Hey... look who's back, reddog!! Where have you been?

@ reddog... Well it looks like that upon your return you are attempting to be a smart ass once again by trying to disrespect my friend Jan Garcia. Seriously, what was the purpose for your post?

As a Local 5 insider you know perfectly well that Jan Garcia isn't running for any elected position at UFCW Local 5 and that her husband, Tony Garcia is.

Furthermore, what is so interesting about uncharted.ca is the ability to research previous posts, especially by reddog!

Specifically here are a couple of posts between reddog and Rick Crane, that pretty much exposes where reddog may have originated from!

Quote:

reddog

Posted: Thu May 07. 2009 9:42 pm

Hello Rick. Revealing the dark secret of your buy in, or more appropriately sell-out, package appears to be too much weight to bear. Does defending your actions on this site help to rationalize your betrayal and give comfort to your conscience?

Thank you for crediting me with breaking the news on the unjustified trusteeship. It was a sinsiter plot, as JB rightfully labeled it. The merger was cooked up with the IU and Hartwell as was first disclosed here. Much backroom posturing subsequently occured to decide how to split the spoils, nonetheless, no election was forthcoming. Of course, you were instrumental in making the master event such a success.

Tell us Crane, did you set a new bar for selling out the members? Hunsucker holds the old record of $400,000. Your self proclaimed savior, Jacques, was pivotal in sucking the dues paying blood out of the members by assisting in Hunsucker's payout.

UNIONRICK1036

Posted: Thu May 07. 2009 10:27 pm

Too funny, dear. The only one who sold out was you. You kept working and flip-flopped to support the merger with 770. Try not to revision what facts you do know beyond recognition while you play in this playground.

It'll take you all at least two years before you can see the proof (LM2s for 2010 and 2011) for yourselves and then believe me when I tell you that the four of us took nothing. Some of us know the truth and some of you think you do. I won't waste any more breath and time. I'm officially through here. Time to go back to helping the membership.

reddog based on your comments between you and Rick Crane I can only assume that you both knew each other very well. Like both of you being employed at "former" UFCW Local 1036. Interestingly, Rick alleges that you "flip-flopped to support the merger with 770".

Now if I was a betting person reddog, I would have reason to believe and "allege" that you "may" be a current UFCW Local 770 Member / Staffer?

@ reddog..., I guess "if" you want to continue to come here to uncharted.ca and attempt to insult me, my friends, etc., maybe an e-mail to UFCW Local 770's President Rick Icaza, revealing your true identity, is the only way for you to knock off your nonsense?

With all of the attention UFCW Local 770 is getting here at uncharted.ca, I wonder how President Icaza would react to this issue?

@ reddog.... your move?
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow 3rd Times a Charm for Local 5?
Page 15 of 21
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  next
Jump to: