Home arrow Forums arrow The Lounge arrow Post Turtle

Post Turtle

newguard
Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:29 am

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher, whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to former Texas Governor George W. Bush, and his elevation to the White House.

The old Texan said, "Well, ya know, Bush is a 'post turtle'."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was.

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."

The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain, "You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just want to help the dumb sh$t get down!"
Back to top profile :: pm
SharynS
Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:26 pm

bush on a stick.

I try to avoid watching bush or hearing him jabber, but with what little I have been subjected to and unable to avoid, I've never been able to quite equate him to anything living and/or breathing. You have to see him and think stone or cement. So turtle on a post is very kind.

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: