Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW Local 5's "Do Over" Officer Elections

UFCW Local 5's "Do Over" Officer Elections

page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  next
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Being that Ron Lind & the current leadership of UFCW Local 5 cheated in the officer elections earlier this year and the UFCW International Union demanded a Do Over Election some of us thought it appropriate to start a new thread just dedicated to the new elections.

Going into the "Do Over Elections" here is a list of questions that UFCW Local 5 members & retirees should be asking their current batch of "cheating" leaders.

Quote:

1. Why didn't Lind / Local 5 notify the Members about the violations found in the first election by I.U. Pres. Hansen & Why did Lind / Local 5 fail to properly pre-warn Local 5 Members of the "ordered" DO-OVER ELECTION.

2. Why isn't Lind coming clean about the "WRAP PLAN" language he negotiated & who does said language apply to?

3. Why is LOCAL 5 a MILLION Dollars in the Red and HOW is Lind going to fix it?

4. With the I.U. Convention scheduled for this summer, is Local 5 going to raise dues or will Local 5 "absorb" the I.U.'s Per Capita Tax Increases?

Any updates or happenings of the "Do Over" election should be put in this thread to easily keep Local 5 members, retirees & interested parties "informed"

This thread will not be censored or favorable to the already seated incumbent leadership at Local 5. This thread will be the voice of the members! Please log in and get involved with the discussion.

Good luck to all the candidates and hopefully this go around the Lind regime will play fair.

Also here is a Suggested List of Candidates of rank n file members running for Local 5 E-Board put together by John Briley.

Vote your heart but remember this, each one of these rank n file members running for the Local 5 E-Board are currently living & working under Lind's concessionary contracts! Each of them "share" & "understand" your struggle in the work place.

Can you say the same for the Local 5 staff currently sitting on the E-Board with the absorbent salaries & "Wrap Plan" health coverage?

Last edited by Scott Schroeder on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top profile :: pm
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 am

A little birdie just told me that the Department of Labor (DOL) has just extended their investigation into the Local 5 Election of Officers Cheating Scandal until April 19, 2013.

Keep in mind that the DOL had previously extended their investigation to March 29, 2013.

I'm assuming that the DOL continues to investigate Local 5 and the Lind Regime with their most recent investigation extension to April 19, 2013.

Another interesting development at Local 5. It appears that President Lind has scheduled a Local 5 Staff Retreat for Thursday, February 28 and Friday, March 1, 2013 somewhere in San Jose.

I guess the biggest question is, what in the hell is Lind and his Staff going to talk about?

Remember that Local 5 will be sending out the Mail Ballots for their I.U. ORDERED DO-OVER ELECTION OF OFFICERS FOR CHEATING on Thursday, February 28, 2013. With the Mail Ballots for the second election to be counted on March 22, 2013.
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Quote:
A little birdie just told me that the Department of Labor (DOL) has just extended their investigation into the Local 5 Election of Officers Cheating Scandal until April 19, 2013.

For your information and review, here is the link to review the DOL letter extending their investigation thru April 19, 2013.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_time_waiver2.pdf

John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Quote:
When it rains, it pours...

Check out this article I just ran across on Indy Bay.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2013/02/26/18732808.php

unionnow
Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 am

It looks like the IU is trying to "head the investigation off at the pass", so to speak. They agree with the DOL that there were significant election violations.

That should end it. How can Lind run the election during the DOL investigation? He must be pretty confident that his firing of his opposing candidate will hold up. The law may take a dimm view of that termination.

The staff retreat signals that he needs to get his house in order. There must be some problems behind the wall. Glad I never took a job in that cesspool. Having more fun and making just as much money.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:00 am

Here's a quote I've pulled off another site that I thought is worth a share.

Quote:
On this day 2-27-13, when the MAIL BALLOTS for the ORDERED "DO-OVER" Local 5 Election of Officers are being mailed out, I felt compelled to provide a snap shot of Local 5's Website as of 5:25 PM on Wednesday 2-27-13.

President Lind and his Regime, have purposely withheld any and all relevant information from the ENTIRE LOCAL 5 MEMBERSHIP, concerning the Local 5 ELECTION OF OFFICERS CHEATING SCANDAL that was EXPOSED by UFCW I.U. President Hansen.

This DESPICABLE & COWARDLY act perpetrated by Lind and his REGIME against the entire Local 5 Membership is absolutely SHAMEFUL!

While WE must wait for the DOL's investigation to be completed on or about 4-19-13, each and every Local 5 Member MUST VOTE the entire UNITY SLATE ( LIND's Team) OUT OF OFFICE!!!!!

Within Local 5's TRI COUNTY area (Monterey, Santa Cruz & San Benito Counties), PLEASE VOTE FOR IGNACIO N. DELGADO V.P. #19.

Thank You

Here is the link to review Local 5's Website

http://www.ufcw5.org/

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Quote:
While WE must wait for the DOL's investigation to be completed
What more is there to investigate - ufcw (IU) has already confessed to (and documented) the crime.

Let's say for the sake of argument there is something more to this particular crime to investigate - why is the DOL stalling? Why are they postponing ("extension" is a useful word too) it until after the do-over election, whereby the fraudster is re-seated (cemented) and the steaming pile of ufcw local 5 shit is too deep to remove? Is it possible the DOL keepers are loathe to interfere in ufcw's agenda?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Quote:
What more is there to investigate - ufcw (IU) has already confessed to (and documented) the crime.

Sharyn... it is my understanding that there is one (1) Executive Board seat that is also part of the DOL investigation.

It appears that Lind / I.U. tried to get slick with this particular seat / individual.

From what I know / been told, this individual was nominated and by virtue of not having anyone run against this person, said individual was originally told she won by acclamation!

Subsequently, as the number (total of 3) Member's on Rivera's Slate defeated incumbent's from within the Local 5's Tri County Area (formerly Local 839), I believe that Lind / I.U. came up with a bogus excuse to rob / steal this individual's Executive Board victory.

For the record, this individual is from the Tri County Area and would have given "former" Local 839 four (4) seats on the Executive Board all from Rivera's slate!

Additionally, if Ignacio Delgado V.P.#19 (Rivera's Slate), can prevail in the DO-OVER ELECTION, we have the possibility of having five (5) Rivera Slate members on the E.B.

This individual's only hope is for the DOL to correct this wrong and reinstate the Executive Board position back to this individual immediately.

Having said that, one would hope that the DOL would also reinstate Rivera and order another Local 5 Election.
SharynS
Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Quote:
..it is my understanding that there is one (1) Executive Board seat that is also part of the DOL investigation
That shouldn't preclude the DOL immediately acting on the IU's findings in regards to Lind and the election fraud. Lind should be facing fraud charges, not eligible for re_re-election.

AFAIC, this is yet another example of system manipulation by the keepers of - bed buddies looking out for bed buddies.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am

Quote:
AFAIC, this is yet another example of system manipulation by the keepers of - bed buddies looking out for bed buddies.

I agree.

We both have been around long enough to know that the I.U. will never do the right thing unless they are forced to!

In this case, I can only hope that the DOL will do the right thing and force the I.U. to do the right thing by reinstating Roger Rivera, including forcing Lind and the I.U. to run a third Election at Local 5!

That is the only scenario that Roger Rivera has left!
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 am

Quote:
President Lind and his Regime, have purposely withheld any and all relevant information from the ENTIRE LOCAL 5 MEMBERSHIP, concerning the Local 5 ELECTION OF OFFICERS CHEATING SCANDAL that was EXPOSED by UFCW I.U. President Hansen.

Meanwhile over in the East Bay the rank n file members are working overtime out in the stores campaigning to bring "change" into UFCW Local 5.

Vote Tony Garcia VP #8

If you're from the East Bay and would like to help brother Garcia's campaign please print out some of the following flyer and get out in stores and spread the word.

Change doesn't happen by sitting on the couch! If members want change within "their union" they must be willing to "work" for it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 pm

For those interested do a quick google search on UFCW Local 5 and notice all the links to articles associated with Ron Lind and Local 5 and their corruption.

Comical! Rolling Eyes
John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Quote:
In a portion of a letter dated January 29, 2013, UFCW International President Joseph T. Hansen writes:

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/2013_hansen_re_election_local5.pdf

"The investigation revealed union resources were used to support the candidacy of members on the incumbent slate in violation of Article 35(C)17 of the UFCW International Constitution and Local 5's bylaws.

Specifically, allegations related to the use of union equipment and on-the-clock campaigning were found to have merit.

Moreover, the investigation found the use of union resources during the election period may have impacted the results of the election for those offices in which the incumbent slate won the election.

Thus, I am setting aside the results of the election for all contested positions in which the incumbent slate won the election, and directing that a new election for those positions be conducted."
As Local 5 Members start receiving their Mail Ballot information in the Mail for their ORDERED DO-OVER ELECTION by UFCW I.U. President Joseph T. Hansen, I wanted to provide you with the despicable and cowardly explanation provided to Local 5 Members, by Jeff Ferro the Election General Chairperson.

The following information can be found in the first paragraph of the cover letter / instruction sheet for the DO-OVER ELECTION signed by Jeff Ferro!
Quote:

The International Union conducted an investigation of two appeals challenging the conduct of UFCW Local No.5's (Local 5) 2012 election of officers.

As a result of the investigation, the International President set aside the results of the election for all contested positions in which the incumbent slate won the election, and directed that a new election for those positions be conducted.

The candidates in the first contested election are candidates in the new election, provided that they have maintained continuous active membership in Local 5 and do not withdraw as candidates.

Three candidates for the 2012 election are no longer eligible to be candidates (Roger Rivera, Amir Masetic and Robert Martinez).

One candidate for Vice President #31 declined to re-run (Omar Pastora).

Since the investigation found no evidence that the nominations process was improper, the candidates that were properly nominated and no longer have opposing candidates in the election are now declared elected by acclamation.

They are Ron Lind, Rick Gomez, Bill Rosario and Leo K. Lee.

Disregard voting for Vice President #31 on You ballot.
You will note that Jeff Ferro makes NO MENTION of the fact that the DOL continues to investigate the ELECTION CHEATING SCANDAL AT LOCAL 5.
Quote:
For your information and review, here is the link to review the DOL letter extending their investigation thru April 19, 2013.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/dol_time_waiver2.pdf
ed=linkinsertion
My friend of Misery
Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 am

Oh man! Every store I go into the members say the same thing... They are SOOOOO tired of Lind's bullshit. They KNOW Lind is a sellout. I have a premonition Lind is going to not be able to serve his full term as President. One way, or the other..... People are mad as hell. Not to mention the retirees..... One retiree said to me, " Me and my buddies here will kick that sellouts @$$ if I ever run into his @$$ in a dark alley!" Wow! Shocked Laughing That's the general consensus of most members...You got to love the retirees, so full of piss and vinegar. Very Happy Maybe Lind should look into getting some body guards for the rest of his term..... Of course, this new heightened distrust and anger towards Lind's "unity slate" will be reflected in the out come of the votes for the reelections of V.P.'s... Unity slate my @$$! Laughing

The Unforgiven
Outlawtorn
One
Minus Human
No leaf clover
Sanitarium
mAgIc mAn
G-Man
THE DOPE SHOW
Binding Of Isaac
Scott Schroeder
Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:28 pm

In the Tri-Valley areas Salinas, Watsonville, Monterey etc....

The rank n file candidate running against the Lind regime is Ignacio Delgado. Ignacio is running for VP position # 19.

Please vote Ignacio Delgado to the UFCW Local 5 Executive Board!

Page 1 of 7
page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  next
Jump to: