Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow SaveMart / Lucky & UFCW's "New Deal" Exposed

SaveMart / Lucky & UFCW's "New Deal" Exposed

page: prev  1, 2, 3
John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 pm

After sitting thru a 2 hour informational meeting on Tuesday, 7-24-12 in Marina, wherein Local 5 reviewed the Concessionary Contract details with their SaveMart / Lucky Membership, it's official.

Quote:

Lind, Loveall & Sharpe, a.k.a. the "Solidarity Alliance", have successfully WAL-MARTIZED the Savemart / Lucky Contract here in Northern California!

Lind, Loveall and Sharpe, have now successfully negotiated BACK-TO-BACK Concessionary Contracts with Savemart / Luckys.

2007-2011:
http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/savemart_cba_comparison_local5.pdf

2011-2013 (Settlement Agreement)
2012-2014 (Stabilization Agreement)

1. UFCW Local 5, 8 & 648 Settlement Agreement
(Total 14 Pages):

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/settlement_agreement_ufcw5_8_648.pdf

2. UFCW Local 5 "Stabilization Agreement" (Total 5 Pages):

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/stabilization_agreement_ufcw5.pdf

3. UFCW Local 8 & 648 "Stabilization Agreement"
(Total 7 Pages):

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/stabilization_agreement_ufcw8_648.pdf

Back to top profile :: pm
oldcadude
Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 am

Both stabilization agreements cut vacation pay too. It has always been approx 2% of previous years gross per week. Now they have reduced that to 1 week-1%, 2 weeks-2%, 3 weeks-4%, 4 weeks-6% and 5 weeks-8%. Looks like you can still have the time off....just not get paid for all of it!
unionnow
Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:08 am

Quote:
But, my question is WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE-OR WHAT WOULD YOU DO to make things different??? Besides rhetoric and UNVBELIEVABLE CLAIMS OF HAVING MAGIC WANDS...

Search the archives, your answer is in the archives going back many years. You are a newcomer to this, do some research before you begin to take on the machine.

I will give you some free advice, there are better places to be than in a retail job in this world. Of course, there are worse places as well. I guesss if you got nothing, then you got nothing to lose...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 am

Welcome to uncharted wobbbly1. I've not quite figured out what it is you're asking but I do think UN is right correct. Before the battle it's just good sense to know who is the enemy and what you're up against.

I highly recommend the m-f-d.org archives a great place to begin. A wealth of information, pretty much everything anyone need know about ufcw and pretty much everything ufcw doesn't want you to know all at the fingertips.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi I came across your site, while I was looking for some answers about the contracts. I am a Safeway retiree, [2 yrs ago] and wondered, as a Safeway retiree, hows does Lucky/Savemart deal affect my H/W?

Meaning if Safeway has a different contract negotiated, that retains close to current H/W numbers, how will the retiree's be affected?

I hope this makes sense..lol I don't think Safeway will carry any burden it feels it doesn't have to, but to have different contracts for the different companies, will the outcome be the same? Retiree's getting hosed?
John Briley
Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 pm

MyBad.... Welcome!

First of all, I hope you have had an opportunity to review all of the previously posted documents pertaining to the Concessionary Contract for our Savemart / Lucky Member's employed within UFCW Local's 5, 8 and 648.

Secondly, with respect to your question:
Quote:
I am a Safeway retiree, [2 yrs ago] and wondered, as a Safeway retiree, hows does Lucky/Savemart deal affect my H/W?
The answer to your question can be found in the Section Benefit Plan Issues and Design.

Under the second column, it reads:
Quote:
Finally, please recognize that Save Mart is part of the UEBT & Employer's Benefit Trust and the implementation of this (or any) design will require at least one of the remaining major employers to agree with both the funding level and basic benefit design.
Quite frankly, I believe that Safeway is already on board with SaveMart and Safeway will then constitute the "other" major Employer.

Following up on the 2 hour meeting I attended on Tuesday, 7-24-12 @ 7PM in Marina, (Local 5's Jurisdiction) here are some Preliminary Figures that were provided as an explanation to the higher premiums that Retiree's will be required to pay.

Note: It is my understanding and please keep in mind that the Trustee's will still have to APPROVE the specifics of the new Plan Design Changes.
Quote:
Pre - Medicare (Age):

Less than 25 years of service = $300.00 per month
25- 34 years of service = $275.00 per month
More than 35 years of service = $250.00 per month

Post - Medicare (Age):

Less than 25 years of service = $100.00 per month
25- 34 years of service = $ 75.00 per month
More than 35 years of service = $ 50.00 per month
I am still trying to find out "if" the figures above will cover Medical, Vision and Dental?

I am also trying to find out "if" the figures above cover "a couple" or is it "per individual"?

Needless to say, as I've stated before, there still is a whole lot of unanswered questions that Active Member's and Retiree's need to know from their Union Leadership regarding this CONCESSIONARY CONTRACT with Savemart / Luckys!

I would suggest that each and every Active Member and Retiree immediately start calling their Local Union President's!

Ron Lind (Local 5), Jacques Loveall (Local Eight) and Michael Sharpe (Local 648) demanding some answers to some very serious questions about the specific details of the proposed changes within their Medical Plans!
Quote:
Speaking as a Retiree, lets assume for a moment that the new higher premium that I will be required to pay is between $245.00 - $300.00 per month to retain Retiree H&W.

Currently, for my wife and I we pay:
Medical= $70.00
Vision= $16.00
Total= $86.00 (monthly H&W payment)

You do the math?

MyBad
Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:15 am

Thank you for the welcome!

Thank you for such a detailed answer albeit, not the answer I hoped for.

So I would fall into the pre-medicare age, 25-34 yrs. Just really hard to take this in.

MB
mrmallard
Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:24 pm

does any one know what was partime/fulltime
ratio after the 2004 contract.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Quote:
"Union Family Care Centers"

The parties agree to direct the UEBT to participate in the development of "Union Family Care and Wellness Centers" throughout the jurisdiction of the signatory unions.

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/settlement_agreement_ufcw5_8_648.pdf
Beware!....
Quote:
Wellness and disease management programs now qualify under the ACA as part of what insurance companies can call “medical loss” for purposes of meeting the criteria required to be spent on healthcare. Having that nurse or other insurance company employee call you and me monthly and recount which medications we take and for what conditions and then set an appointment to do it again every month is considered spending on health care. That’s right.
Insurance Companies Gaming the System – Don’t Be Fooled
Quote:
Right now, we are still just part of the profit base for large health insurance companies and other healthcare corporations. We are not patients. Not yet. Follow the money.

Page 3 of 3
page: prev  1, 2, 3
Jump to: