Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW Disgrace:Grocery Workers Need Your Help!

UFCW Disgrace:Grocery Workers Need Your Help!

page: prev  1, 2
gordon
Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 am

Union & Grumpy, I've grown our own for 40 years or so, if you need any advice, organic. Beekeeping is a fantastic idea, there's complete devestation of the hive populations, I grow leeks because 2 yrs ago I found the bees swarm to their big flower pods, today- now, they're opening, NOT A BEE ANYWHERE! The mites are getting to them, the almond growers in the Central Valley, as you know, are desperate for bees brought in from Florida. Near our local lagoon, wildflowers massive due to rains,& almost no bees! The Dutch gov't put out a warning about global food shortages due to bees. Stick with nutritious crops, like cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, gr. beans, red beets (greens better than spinach) all easy to grow. Most prolific here in San Diego coastal for tomatoes is the "Juliet Roma GRAPE tomato", twice as better as old-style cherry tomatoes. Good gardening.
Back to top profile :: pm
ross53
Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:47 pm

John Briley wrote:
So the question continue to remain unanswered.

Will the Southern Ca.. UFCW Local Unions have a Deal before or after the Big UFCW extravaganza scheduled for Wednesday, June 1 & Thursday June 2, 2011?

Not before!

Sometime in July with any luck.

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Looks like UFCW's person of the year is in a little hot water.

Perez takes 'full responsibility' for claiming to have graduated from Cal
SharynS
Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:49 pm

A "mischaracterization" - what a relief, for a minute there I thought perez had freakin' lied. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Perez, who was slated to get the club's leadership award, canceled,
And of course UFCW will now do the right thing and "cancel" Perez and it's intended glorification of said liar in it's upcoming Person of the Year, members not invited, costly extravaganza.

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 am

Quote:
And of course UFCW will now do the right thing and "cancel" Perez and it's intended glorification of said liar in it's upcoming Person of the Year, members not invited, costly extravaganza.

They should crown him as one of their own, he has the credentials from UC Berkeley.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Quote:
Ross.... since the UFCW Person of the Year is scheduled down in San Diego, what are the chances that you and other UFCW Member's could provide our UFCW Leadership and their guests with some "informational picketing" @ their golf and dinner locations??

Ross.... I haven't heard a reply from you and since today is Wednesday, June 1, 2011, what "if" anything can you report to us on your planned actions with the UFCW Person of the Year Golf Tournament scheduled for today, (6/1/11) including any planned actions you have with the UFCW Person of the Year Dinner scheduled for Thursday, June 2, 2011???

Looking forward to your report and or photos????

Thank You
Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow UFCW Disgrace:Grocery Workers Need Your Help!
Page 2 of 2
page: prev  1, 2
Jump to: