Home arrow Forums arrow News & Views arrow Flanagan: Harper Advisor wants Assange Dead

Flanagan: Harper Advisor wants Assange Dead

page: 1, 2  next
SharynS
Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 am

It was a moment of "manly"_ness he says, that prompted "University of Calgary Prof and Harper Advisor Tom Flanagan" to call for the assassination of WikiLeak creator Julian Assange. And, referencing the leaked memoirs of war, here's Flanagan's defense: "...there's stuff in there that could cause a war!".

Warning: the following scene contains violence.

Here's Tommy!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Now there's your workplace bullying. I'm sure the incident will follow Flanagan for the rest of his life. And more than likely land him some pretty nifty high paying posts. In fact, once the pr machine has sufficiently scraped the spurs and prettied the comment up, I see Harper cabinet in his future. Quite a diff from your everyday bullying eh.

Bullying notes: replace words blow the fucker(s) up with more sophisticated assassination.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Yep, Flim-Flannigan has joined the illustrious company of Ms Palin in calling for the assassination of Assange. What really scares me about these two high profile idiots is the fact there are others just as idiotic and clueless as them, and who will agree with what they say! Shocked

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:55 pm

At the risk of sounding like a truther I'm going to say that I find the whole wikileaks affair quite curious on a number of levels and I'm not at all convinced that Assange is the white knight of cyberland that he claims to be. Although I was initially very excited about the wikileaks concept, I quickly came to realize why it would never become the game changer that it held itself out to be (or that I had originally thought wide open access to bureaucratic secrets would bring about).

Haroon Siddiqui makes some good observations in his column, What the WikiLeaks documents fail to tell.

Whoever is behind this put-on is having a laugh at all the media hysteria - and so is Assange, most likely.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I don't see Assange as the proverbial white knight, only a figurehead. Nor have I ever thought of WikiLeaks as anything more than a media organization. Even money for their legal support in the past has come from many media associations, including the Associated Press, Los Angeles Times, and the National Newspaper Publishers Association.

Game changing? I don't know, WikiLeaks is very young and with the war logs has only recently moved from the crawling stage into the toddling stage. I'm not sure what the future will hold or how it will play out corpolitically. But I am anxious to watch as it unfolds. Very Happy

Quote:
Who is Julian Assange?
1. The first, Assange is exactly as he appears, and that is one of the most providential men on the face of the earth.
2. Second, maybe he has a benefactor greasing the skids for him.
3. Third, and the one Iím pulling for, is that Assange possesses a digital weapon of mass destruction, rigged with a dead manís switch, that makes him unassailable.

edited = added link & quote

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:20 am

I wish I understood better the point Siddiqui is trying to make. Is it that wikileaks is possibly, or resembles more, a plot to further public resentment/hatred towards Iraq?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Attorney & Blogger Glenn Greenwald on the Arrest of Julian Assange and the U.S. "War on WikiLeaks"

Don't miss Greenwald's closing comments, well worth listening to them a couple times, spot on.

Never mind about your macdonald's fries disappearing - now that Assange has turned himself in (or 'been captured' as will be soon be the headlines) I think we should keep our eyes on the wikileak founder.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Time to stand up and fight. Defend Wikileaks and free speech

http://weknowwhatsup.blogspot.com/2010/12/time-to-stand-up-and-fight-defend.html?spref=fb

Laboryes
Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Having trouble getting to WikiLeaks ?

Try Wikileaks Mirrors

Laboryes
Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:07 am

US embassy cables: browse the database

Use our interactive guide to discover what has been revealed in the leak of 250,000 US diplomatic cables.

US embassy cables

SharynS
Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Busted

No plan is fail proof, so ultimately it's extremely easy to make an argument either way and we all know there are people with various degrees of motive eager to. But assuming any of this report has merit, I can't say at this point that I disagree with cherry picking to solely embarrass and out America. Tough job since it's influence (nice word) has left few countries untouched (another nice word).

What we do know is basics are usually buried in bullshit and the smell ultimately divert our eyes to the pile.

But like it or not, good or bad yet to be determined, the wikileaks event will for sure impact the Story

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Wikileaks Reveals U.S. Tax Dollars Fund Child Sex Slavery in Afghanistan

Read more

Laboryes
Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:48 am

Something is Rotten: The Strange Case of Interpol's Red Alert on Assange, and the US Attack on WikiL

Read more

rogead
Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 pm

A story from the UK is reporting that Britain is concerned about having their government networks hacked into by Wikileaks' supporters. Maybe the best strategy for them is to deny Sweden's extradition request for Assange. Apparently, extradition is fairly common between Western European nations. But, given the trumped-up look of the Swedish charges, the UK can strike a positive chord for real democracy by not sending Assange to Sweden.

The US media (undoubtedly, by intent) has done a very poor job of covering the ongoing Swedish "sex crime" prosecution of Assange, but independent sources in Sweden and Australia have covered it much better.

Here is a link to an article written by one of Assange's attorneys in Melbourne:

http://xrl.us/bh92yx

This article doesn't even go into the CIA and NATO connections of one of Assange's accusers. I guess If they can't comfortably kill him literally, attacking him in other ways may work nearly as well.
Back to top profile :: pm :: www
Laboryes
Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Julian Assange to stay in jail as Sweden fights bail decision

Quote:
The WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, is to remain in jail after the Swedish authorities decided to challenge a decision by a British court to grant him bail on allegations of rape in Stockholm.

Read more

Home arrow Forums arrow News & Views arrow Flanagan: Harper Advisor wants Assange Dead
Page 1 of 2
page: 1, 2  next
Jump to: