Home arrow Forums arrow News & Views arrow Chilean Miners' Rescue

Chilean Miners' Rescue

wm pasz
Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:36 pm

I couldn't help but post a link to this story which is, I think, one of the most significant stories about workers so far this century and not just from a health and safety perspective.

These men could teach the rest of us a lot. It's remarkable that they were able to survive for so long in such nightmarish conditions. Although I'm sure that each will have to cope with the aftereffects of this traumatic ordeal it's really something to see the camaraderie, good humour and sense of hope and optimism that has been hard to miss in the videos and live coverage of their rescue. As I look around our North American workplaces and see the backstabbing, pettiness, selfishness and meanspiritedness that characterizes relations among co-workers I wonder how long we would have survived if this happened to us and what these men could teach us to save us from ourselves..

There are tons of media stories on this rescue but I especially liked these pics.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Pretty amazing (but not surprising) what happens among humans when competition goes out the window and life becomes the only priority.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:22 am

Miner #2 is the super-star of the bunch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKKBLXPRgsA

wm pasz
Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Yeah, that guy's awesome. I really hope these guys tell their stories. If anyone has any contact info...j/k.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Quote:
chi, chi, chi, le, le le, viva Chile!
Catchy eh.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:55 am

I haven't seen that many miners in front of the press cameras since the Los Angeles Zoo hosted a Petting Zoo day in honour of Michael Jackson.

(badump bump)

Home arrow Forums arrow News & Views arrow Chilean Miners' Rescue
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: