Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow March 2011

March 2011

page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
John Briley
Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:51 am

Tentative Agreement Averts California Strike

http://supermarketnews.com/retail_financial/cali_agreement_0919/

SuperMarket News / September 19, 2011 (3:33 p.m.)

By: Elliot Zwiebach

Quote:

Asked why the two sides were finally able to reach an agreement after six months of talking, Greg Conger, a UFCW executive, told SN, "I don't know. It should not have taken this long.

"But our goal was to save the affordable health care plan our members had — including funding through the life of the new contract — and through the process of give-and-take, we were able to save the plan, though with some changes."

Quote:

In a joint statement, Albertsons, Ralphs and Vons said, "We are pleased to have reached a tentative settlement agreement with the union that continues to preserve good wages [and] secure[s] pensions and access to quality, affordable health care while allowing us to be competitive in the marketplace."

Back to top profile :: pm
Laboryes
Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:57 am

John Briley wrote:
Grocery union officials and negotiators for Ralphs, Vons and Albertsons have reached a tentative deal on a labor contract, a move that averts a strike that would have had more than 54,000 workers across Southern California walking off the job.

Ahhhhhhh! And from the heavens above a deal is “finally” cut! It’s a miracle!!!

The curtain closes, the crowd roars, another academy award performance by the UFCW and their grocery business partners!

Anyone from Southern Cal get any details regarding the retiree Health & Welfare?

Make sure you see the “entire tentative agreement” before you vote! To vote on a cover sheet would just be insanity!

As always with UFCW contracts……the devil is in the details. Twisted Evil

Act 2 coming soon to grocery stores near you in Northern Cal. Wink

unionnow
Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:04 am

Quote:
Workers will get their first look at the deal when they cast their ballots on Friday and Saturday.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=8365509

Will others get to see it as well? That almost never happens. Are these contracts something to be proud of?

If they were all the world should see them. They should be posted on the unions websites. That will not happen.

To add to that the real contract will not be printed for years even though the companies and the union have a copy now.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:18 am

unionnow wrote:

Will others get to see it as well? That almost never happens. Are these contracts something to be proud of?

If they were all the world should see them. They should be posted on the unions websites. That will not happen.

UN, Members were given a highlight sheet with very little details to vote from. There was no mention of retiree health & welfare on the sheet.

I would hope that if this was all members were given to vote with that members in Southern Cal gave an overwhelming no vote!
Bill Sable
Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:55 am

Re: the SoCal Grocery Contract

It is my understanding that:
(1) rule of 85 has been maintained for currently active employees;
(2)current pension accrual rates have been maintained, i.e. at the reduced rate that was agreed to in and after 2004 contract;
(3) very, very minor increases in employer contributions to the Pension Fund, i.e. which has been, is, and is likely to remain "red-zoned" and financially unstable;
(4) retiree healthcare is maintained, with premiums increasing from $90.00/month to $125./month for pre-Medicare coverage, and increasing from $40.00/month to $50.00/month for post-Medicare coverage.

When I get more, i will pass it along.
Rolling Eyes
Laboryes
Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Quote:
This is a pooled vote of all the local unions in Southern California. In keeping with the union’s longstanding policy, the actual numbers are not being released.

http://www.ufcw8.org/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Negotiations20Update

Anybody else find this quote from Loveall's update as funny as I do?

Truth is if the actual numbers of members that bothered to vote ever got out it would be rather embarrassing to the UFCW! My guess, very small percentage of members even bothered to vote.

Then again, when only small numbers of members demand to exercise their "union rights" such as voting on union issues this can come in very handy for a labor faker like Loveall when he's ramming a huge dues increase down the uneducated members throats!

unionnow
Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Quote:
UN, Members were given a highlight sheet with very little details to vote from. There was no mention of retiree health & welfare on the sheet

I don't doubt that. 54,000 members and we wont even see that here.

I'll believe whatever when I see on on paper two years from now, if ever.

I am sure 98% ratified it with a 95% turnout. I dont see how they could keep the rule of 85 with such a poorly funded pension.

Moodies 2009:

SO CA UFCW Union Joint Pension 58.40%

Can't fing the old doc but they are rated top 100 worst in the nation.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/are-you-depending-one-these-108-worst-funded-union-pension-plans-updated-a

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Quote:
Memorandum of Agreement

Between

Albertsons, Ralphs & Vons

And

UFCW Local Unions No. 8-GS, 135, 324, 770, 1167, 1428 & 1442.

Signed & Agreed this 19th day of September, 2011

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/2011_socal_agreement.pdf

John Briley
Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Quote:
Let us all review / compare the following Rehabilitation Plans for the UFCW Northern and Southern California Joint Pension Plans.

UFCW Southern California October / 2011 Updated Rehabilitation Plan for the Joint Pension Plan:

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/20111107_socal_ufcw_joint_pension_fund.pdf

UFCW Northern California October / 2011 Rehabilitation Plan for the Joint Pension Plan:

http://www.uncharted.ca/images/users/ssigurdur/2011nocal_pension_rehab.pdf

Home arrow Forums arrow Your Union arrow March 2011
Page 20 of 20
page: prev  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Jump to: