Home arrow Forums arrow News & Views arrow Canada: Organized Crooks' Playground

Canada: Organized Crooks' Playground

page: prev  1, 2
SharynS
Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Quote:
the time when he [Mitton} questioned a gangster... ..."And he said, `With who we are, we don't have to be right.'"
Why does that remind me of canada's justice regime?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 am

I know Kelsey hates it when we resurrect old discussion threads but the title of this one is so fitting for what I want to post that I figured, wtf, why reinvent the wheel.

Since I started this thread in 07, it seems like a week doesn't go by when there is not yet one more shining example of why crooks love Canada. I've gone from totally disillusioned to totally pissed off to horrified that at how white collar crime is out of control in this country and there isn't a damned thing that any level of government is interested in doing about it.

Here are a few recent articles of interest for anyone interested in this subject - or in setting up their criminal enterprise in a developed country with free health care, a good standard of living and where you can cheat, steal and gouge with impunity.

This story freaks me out. If you want to avoid prosecution for fraud in Ontario, just steal big.

Quebec, the ground zero of the mob in Canada. Everyone is on the take and if anybody has anything to say about it, they're accused of being anti-francophone.

A great opinion piece about the mafia illness that seems to have infected our country.

They're everywhere. This NP feature exposed a mafia sleeper cell in the sleepy northern city of Thunder Bay. Good thing for prosecutors in other countries. Otherwise we'd never know what was going on in our own backyard.

What's even more appalling is our federal government's plan to deal with this out-of-control mess by doing a study. Yeah, that's right, they're gonna do a study. They've even set aside $80,000 for it - about what it costs to fund a mid-level bureaucrat job for a year. Geez does that give you a warm feeling of what? Where the Americans had 3 major law enforcement agencies plus the RICO legislation, we're going to have a study!! That's great. I wonder what the lucky bureaucrat will do to conduct this study? Send out a questionnaire to construction bosses - "Are you in the mafia? Y/N"

Feel free to post your own articles and stories about the True North Shady and Crooked.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Another addition:

How Fraud Artists Ripped Off $16 Million In Federal Loans

I'm sure these guys will beat the rap as well.

Page 2 of 2
page: prev  1, 2
Jump to: